Pages:
Author

Topic: Am I the only girl on here? : ( - page 58. (Read 147216 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
October 30, 2014, 05:33:25 PM
So much spam and the signature is a mere happy face

*sigh*
Women

what do you mean spam? Also, what's wrong with a happy face?

Spam-- as in the junk that people like awesome31312* add to their sig in the hopes of netting a few pennies. (yeah I know I should just enable the "Don't show users' signatures" option and stop complaining)

* nothing personal, I just hate sig spam
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
October 30, 2014, 04:33:01 PM

*sigh*
Women

what do you mean spam? Also, what's wrong with a happy face?
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
October 30, 2014, 04:30:56 PM

*sigh*
Women

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!
October 30, 2014, 02:47:35 PM
Male to Female Ratio:    4.6:1

Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

Yeah but that includes "fake" girl profiles, in reality there may be less of us.

Fake profiles like yours?  Cheesy I suspect the overwhelming majority who state they're female in their profile actually arent. Doesn't matter anyway but it always seems to me the ones that go on about it are doing so for an agenda.

Lol no, I'm a real girl but I agree there may be plenty of fake ones, especially after reading a bunch of horror stories about fake girls scamming guys on here and so on. I have no agenda though, I'm really nice, not here to scam anyone. x

We are all glad to hear this.  Wink

You're not being ironic, are you?

Just joking a bit.  Wink However, i'm not a scam-loving type so I'm also really glad you're not a scammer.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
October 30, 2014, 02:28:54 PM
Why didn't you ask him/her? It's not creepy to ask somebody's gender, especially when most of you guys aren't that pervy after all. Seriously most of you guys have been super nice and polite to me Smiley
I thought of that. I decided it really was not important; since they are not really a dating prospect. I try to avoid mentioning my own gender.
Not a dating prospect, why not? If you're single n looking for a bf/gf it could happen anywhere, anytime, you never know. Good luck!

As you mention, women get dozens of PMs..which guys don't. I don't think it is fair to hound the few women that do make an appearance. Being mostly anti-social, I rarely PM people: male or female.

If I wanted to get serious about looking, I would try local activities that interest me first. As I understand it, long-distance relationships rarely work out.
October 30, 2014, 02:15:45 PM

Yeah but that includes "fake" girl profiles, in reality there may be less of us.

Fake profiles like yours?  Cheesy I suspect the overwhelming majority who state they're female in their profile actually arent. Doesn't matter anyway but it always seems to me the ones that go on about it are doing so for an agenda.

Lol no, I'm a real girl but I agree there may be plenty of fake ones, especially after reading a bunch of horror stories about fake girls scamming guys on here and so on. I have no agenda though, I'm really nice, not here to scam anyone. x

You're not being ironic, are you?

October 30, 2014, 02:14:46 PM
There was one poster that I respected and assumed was male. One day, they posted links to feminist blog posts that they had obviously book-marked (They were not recent). I am not saying men can't read feminist blogs (I do myself on occasion); but from that point on, I "read" them as female.

Why didn't you ask him/her? It's not creepy to ask somebody's gender, especially when most of you guys aren't that pervy after all. Seriously most of you guys have been super nice and polite to me Smiley

I thought of that. I decided it really was not important; since they are not really a dating prospect. I try to avoid mentioning my own gender.

BTW, this was one of the links mentioned: Five Reasons You Need to Break Your Emoticon Addiction. (I guess I am going to be read as female now by shy people like me Tongue )

Not a dating prospect, why not? If you're single n looking for a bf/gf it could happen anywhere, anytime, you never know. Good luck!
October 30, 2014, 02:12:20 PM

October 30, 2014, 02:10:15 PM

legendary
October 30, 2014, 12:01:45 PM
There was one poster that I respected and assumed was male. One day, they posted links to feminist blog posts that they had obviously book-marked (They were not recent). I am not saying men can't read feminist blogs (I do myself on occasion); but from that point on, I "read" them as female.

BTW, this was one of the links mentioned: Five Reasons You Need to Break Your Emoticon Addiction. (I guess I am going to be read as female now by shy people like me Tongue )
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
October 30, 2014, 08:21:21 AM

October 30, 2014, 08:01:38 AM

October 30, 2014, 08:00:02 AM
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Ratio of boy is to girl in btctalk is 100:1 LOL

Anyone here can prove this guy wrong?

I don't think the ratio is that low. Probably closer to 20:1 Smiley

I think my point is that for every woman than announces their gender, there are probably about 10 that stay "stealth".

October 30, 2014, 07:53:30 AM

Cheesy
We may have to force everyone to post dick, pussy, boobs shots to make a realistic count. So, NO one can disprove aljunking statement.

Grin

Lol sure, that's always an option. Haha
October 30, 2014, 07:51:21 AM
no you are not, but there are very (very) few of us on here and it is a locker room (and very juvenile if you stray from the bitcoin boards) environment.

Yey another girl Smiley Welcome Cinnamon x
Activity: 262
October 30, 2014, 06:45:55 AM

legendary
October 30, 2014, 03:21:04 AM

I don't think the ratio is that low. Probably closer to 20:1 Smiley

I think my point is that for every woman than announces their gender, there are probably about 10 that stay "stealth".
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 30, 2014, 02:14:20 AM
Hi and welcome.
October 30, 2014, 01:12:02 AM
You guys really need to go outside more often.

Cheesy
We may have to force everyone to post dick, pussy, boobs shots to make a realistic count. So, NO one can disprove aljunking statement.

Grin
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
October 29, 2014, 09:39:09 PM
You guys really need to go outside more often.

Pages:
Jump to: