Pages:
Author

Topic: Am I the only girl on here? : ( - page 62. (Read 147216 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251
October 22, 2014, 11:47:07 AM

I've heard that so many times since I joined lol. But seriously it would be great to change that skepticism into acceptance for us girls if more and more of us join up and speak up instead of hiding behind a male nickname forever, which is a pretty sad prospect if u think about it.

The skepticism is there for a reason because the only time people announce themselves as female is usually just to pretend that they are. There's no reason to believe you are a female either regardless or your instance that you are one. I think a better way for women to get involved would be to not come out and announce that they're female straight away and maybe not even mention it at all unless it needs to be because gender is irrelevant here.

Usually but not always, not in my case anyway. I wish I could kill that skepticism concept, well I've been here for many weeks now and I haven't asked for any loans or scammed anyone, so far so good Smiley

That's only because if you did you know you'd be called out straight away with it and get negative feedback faster than you could say there's sand in my vagina. Most 'female' scammers would probably wait a while and try groom their victims before trying a scam. If I was you I'd forget this thread and let it die and just carry on posting as you normally would, because like I said your gender is irrelevant here unless you are wanting to use it to your advantage for whatever reasons.

Just let me know how many months have to go by for me to earn a non-scammer badge on here, yes that same badge you guys are automatically entitled to from day one just cause you're guys.
October 22, 2014, 11:43:13 AM
boobs or gtfo

You think being rude to a girl makes you more manly. that's so immature. Why don't you make like a tree and grow a pear.

lol, it obiviosly made me look manly because I have never said that I would be a man Wink

So you're a girl then?? Why didn't you say so before? Pretending to be a guy is as shady as pretending to be a girl.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 22, 2014, 09:38:07 AM
I'm sure women know manage a bitcoin wallet as well as men!
Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
October 22, 2014, 09:21:53 AM

I've heard that so many times since I joined lol. But seriously it would be great to change that skepticism into acceptance for us girls if more and more of us join up and speak up instead of hiding behind a male nickname forever, which is a pretty sad prospect if u think about it.

The skepticism is there for a reason because the only time people announce themselves as female is usually just to pretend that they are. There's no reason to believe you are a female either regardless or your instance that you are one. I think a better way for women to get involved would be to not come out and announce that they're female straight away and maybe not even mention it at all unless it needs to be because gender is irrelevant here.

Usually but not always, not in my case anyway. I wish I could kill that skepticism concept, well I've been here for many weeks now and I haven't asked for any loans or scammed anyone, so far so good Smiley

That's only because if you did you know you'd be called out straight away with it and get negative feedback faster than you could say there's sand in my vagina. Most 'female' scammers would probably wait a while and try groom their victims before trying a scam. If I was you I'd forget this thread and let it die and just carry on posting as you normally would, because like I said your gender is irrelevant here unless you are wanting to use it to your advantage for whatever reasons.

Nobody here denies that pretending-to-be-a-female-and-scamming is common. But gender is not irrelevant: if it were, it wouldn't bring with it the hostility we've seen in this thread.

Let's consider some IRL analogies. If a woman walks into my church, I don't think anything unusual about it. If a woman walks into my basement and wants to play WoW with me and my male nerdy buddies, that is unusual.*

Now I could care less if the playership of WoW is mostly male, but substitute math club in for WoW, and suddenly I do start to care. A hostile environment for young women interested in math is something to be concerned about (and, for the record, back when I was in a math club in high school (yeah I was that kind of nerd), there were no women in it).

Bitcoin compares most closely to that last example. If it's ever going to be taken seriously, it has to have the same gender balance as, say, the USD. I don't think it's particularly relevant whether or not any single individual (e.g. fabiola) is male or female, but the existing gender imbalance of Bitcoin and the occasional hostility that goes along with it absolutely is relevant.

* Those were just examples, I'm neither religious nor a WoW player, nor do I live in my parents' basement Wink
Activity: 976
Merit: 575
Cryptophile at large
October 22, 2014, 08:22:31 AM

Activity: 826
October 22, 2014, 08:05:28 AM
boobs or gtfo

You think being rude to a girl makes you more manly. that's so immature. Why don't you make like a tree and grow a pear.

lol, it obiviosly made me look manly because I have never said that I would be a man Wink

Clever lol
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
October 22, 2014, 07:46:51 AM
boobs or gtfo

October 22, 2014, 07:34:32 AM
I wonder if I'm the only black, transgendered, homosexual, Jewish undocumented immigrant on Bitcointalk. 

That's a joke right? if not, post a thread, you may find some fellow BTHJUI's on here Smiley
Activity: 826
October 22, 2014, 07:31:52 AM
I wonder if I'm the only black, transgendered, homosexual, Jewish undocumented immigrant on Bitcointalk. 
October 22, 2014, 07:27:31 AM
boobs or gtfo

October 22, 2014, 07:20:53 AM
I love how long this thread is compared to all the other newb threads on here. I think that really tells you something.

What does it tell you? Smiley

Girls draw attention.  Which is why everyone pretends to be a girl.

That makes sense actually. But trolls draw attention too. And guys, if they say the right things. Everyone really.
October 22, 2014, 07:16:06 AM

Activity: 262
October 22, 2014, 07:11:32 AM
boobs or gtfo
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 22, 2014, 07:10:06 AM
I love how long this thread is compared to all the other newb threads on here. I think that really tells you something.

Girls draw attention.  Which is why everyone pretends to be a girl.
October 22, 2014, 07:08:16 AM

Activity: 976
Merit: 575
Cryptophile at large
October 22, 2014, 06:08:01 AM
You've been wondering for a good 4 weeks now...

Lol no need to wonder or make a big deal out of this, I'm just a normal girl, no scamming/bitwhoring, just normal forum activities Smiley
It is advisable not to advertise the fact that you are a girl as people will tend to look at you with a bit of skepticism as there are few girls that are involved in bitcoin and many guys

MJK
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
October 22, 2014, 06:01:30 AM
Activity: 280
scams hunter!
October 21, 2014, 11:31:50 PM
theres more girls here but hiding
October 21, 2014, 07:32:21 PM

Thanks for all the info kodeon, you legend.
Unfortunately I already have miners (close to turning them off very soon if BTC doesn't go up) , and already have a pre order with BFL Sad
But I'm sure things will pick up, everyone on here says it's only the beginning in a way Smiley

It's cool no worries. If I was you I would try and get a refund from BFL and then spend the money on Bitcoins, I'm not too sure if they are refunding but I know they used to. I think at the moment is a good time to start buying. The price I personally think is low. Also I'm not sure how much mining power you have but I would try and get every last bit of Bitcoins that you can as we all know Bitcoin is finite so who knows what will happen in two years, I guess only time will tell.

Sadly no BFL refunds anytime soon (could take years they say, and even then we may only get 10c per dollar)
I cant really afford to buy any more BTC right now, I think it is low too but i'm already struggling to keep the BTC I've mined these last couple of months without turning them into cash, plus the electricity bill to keep the miners on is huge. So zero spare pounds to buy more BTC. But at least I'm collecting some in the process lol not many, I have 3 and a half atm, that's probably nothing compared to some people on here Smiley
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 21, 2014, 05:21:16 PM
Pages:
Jump to: