Pages:
Author

Topic: Amagi Metals - Best Prices of Gold & Silver for Bitcoins - page 51. (Read 135736 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Ah, the perils of success! My latest order (2 krugers) has been "processing" since 10 Apr 2013.

I am not complaining. The very fact that Amagi is swamped shows that they are earning a sterling business reputation, and I will place another order as soon as my current order ships.

My unsolicited advice to Amagi is to expand with great caution. Ensure that your existing organizational philosophy is not inadvertently compromised or corrupted by new-hires who do not share the owner's experience. In my lifelong career as a management consultant (I am retired now) I have seen more businesses die from overeating than from malnutrition.
Activity: 519
Merit: 501
:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:
Amagi...ordered on 4/7...status is still 'received payment'....any insight on why it has not been shipped?

What was your order? Send us an email at [email protected].

Yes, we received almost $400,000 in bitcoin sales over a few days time. Very unexpected and it has put a delay on shipments. We have hired additional help, a full time employee starts today!

Our 1800 number will be down today because of training, however you can contact us at [email protected] and receive a response within a few hours.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding!
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Amagi...ordered on 4/7...status is still 'received payment'....any insight on why it has not been shipped?
Kao
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
You actually hit it on the nail. There is a tough time getting silver this year. Products with a delay do state that there is a delay. We hired an additional employee who starts Monday!

We don't hate your guts, I promise. We are thinking about stopping sales, or limiting the products we offer until we get caught up on all current orders and get our stock filled up again. We do appreciate your patience and support.

Is that why the US Silver Eagles are no longer being displayed on the site?

Also, I hate to bug you about this because I know you said it would be a few weeks and it's only been about one but is there any update on cases for the Silver Eagle and Silver Maple Leaf coins? I'm waiting to put in another order until those come in which as you can imagine with the current fluctuations in BTC/USD can be frustrating.
We addressed this issue a few days ago.

Before shipments would state "Processing" and then "Shipped." The "Shipped" status does not necessarily mean that the shipment was shipped, but in the queue for being shipped. We now have these three order statuses:

Payment Received
Processing
Shipped

So when an order is received it states "payment received," once it is in the order queue, it will say "processing" and when an actual tracking number is printed it will say "Shipped."

If you placed the same order after today, it would say "Processing" rather than "Shipped"
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I made 2 orders on April 1 and 3, the first for gold, and the second for gold + silver.

For a while they said "Processing" on the website, and then around the 6th both changed to "Shipped", but no tracking info was given.

Then I got emails on the 11th and the 12th saying that my 2 orders had shipped, and giving tracking numbers for each, which show them shipped around the times the emails were dispatched.  One USPS and the heavier one with UPS.

I'll be watching for them next week.

I too would have preferred to see the site say "Backordered", instead of "Shipped" when they really hadn't shipped.  It had me wondering why they hadn't arrived yet.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Ugh. I must have done something to offend them when I ordered then. I have three paid orders with amagimetals the first of which was placed on 4/3, nothing but crickets.
I have one order placed on 4/8 and one on 4/10, and for some reason the 4/10 is indicated as shipped but the 4/8 is not. But the tracking number for the order indicated "shipped" is not found.  I'm glad they're communicative on this thread, though.

Yeah, not saying they're a scam or anything(I placed another order yesterday), I just dislike being told something has shipped when it has not. It'd have been better if I was immediately notified that the products I ordered were out of stock. The two fellers above said they ordered and received AU and my orders are all AG, so one can surmise that they're experiencing a silver shortage, but have or had gold to ship. I just wish I'd heard as much from them instead of "shipped", but not really, particularly given recent events in the ongoing BFL saga.

You actually hit it on the nail. There is a tough time getting silver this year. Products with a delay do state that there is a delay. We hired an additional employee who starts Monday!

We don't hate your guts, I promise. We are thinking about stopping sales, or limiting the products we offer until we get caught up on all current orders and get our stock filled up again. We do appreciate your patience and support.

Thanks for the update.
Ugh. I must have done something to offend them when I ordered then. I have three paid orders with amagimetals the first of which was placed on 4/3, nothing but crickets.
I have one order placed on 4/8 and one on 4/10, and for some reason the 4/10 is indicated as shipped but the 4/8 is not. But the tracking number for the order indicated "shipped" is not found.  I'm glad they're communicative on this thread, though.

Yeah, not saying they're a scam or anything(I placed another order yesterday), I just dislike being told something has shipped when it has not. It'd have been better if I was immediately notified that the products I ordered were out of stock. The two fellers above said they ordered and received AU and my orders are all AG, so one can surmise that they're experiencing a silver shortage, but have or had gold to ship. I just wish I'd heard as much from them instead of "shipped", but not really, particularly given recent events in the ongoing BFL saga.

Activity: 675
Merit: 502
I am in Florida. I just received the kruggerrand that I ordered from Amagi last Sunday. Outstanding service!

I just ordered two more gold coins from Amagi.
Purchased 1 oz gold american eagle

Shipped in exact time frame stated ad received quicker than what USPS tracking said

Thank you so much amagi!! will be placing future orders once the bitcoin economy gains traction and would recommend to others of AM services

5/5 and an asset to the BTC community

Thank you for the stellar feedback. I'm not sure when you placed your order, but there are shipping delays right now of a few extra business days. We are working over time and will be working this entire weekend. We are also working on hiring some employees to get our shipping times back in check!

We have changed shipping insurance carriers and can now ship orders of up to $250,000 to select international countries.

At this time we can only take bitcoin orders of up to somewhere between $50,000-100,000 at this time due to Mt. Gox being shut down.

Please contact us for any orders larger than that so we can find alternative ways to process your transactions. Thank you.
ajk
donator
Activity: 447
Purchased 1 oz gold american eagle

Shipped in exact time frame stated ad received quicker than what USPS tracking said

Thank you so much amagi!! will be placing future orders once the bitcoin economy gains traction and would recommend to others of AM services

5/5 and an asset to the BTC community
Amagi Metals is in Bitcoin Magazine:

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/interview-with-amagi-metals-stephen-macaskill/

Also, we are hiring in the Denver, CO area. If anyone interested in precious metals and/or bitcoins and are looking for a job, please send us an email at [email protected]!
While eagerly awaiting receipt of my first Amagi order (one krugerrand that I ordered 4/8/13), I thought of two questions. I ask them here rather than via email because others might also be interested in the answers.

1. How much gold can you safely ship in one order? Specifically, if I wanted, say, 20 krugerrands (or maples, eagles, etc.), should I place several small orders or one big order? Have you ever had a shipment get lost?

2. You mentioned above that you use an electronic gold tester. Can you share with us which make/model, and how well you like it? I asked my jeweler this yesterday, while my wife was shopping for earrings, and he suggested the Auracle AGT2.

1. Domestic shipments (US), we can ship any amount, anywhere as long as we have access to the the coins purchased. Larger orders are sometimes shipped via Brink or other security companies. International varies based on insurance and location. What country are you shipping to?

2. I will have to check with our Quality Control department and get back to you on this!

@barbarousrelic It is our goal to get all shipments out within 24 business hours. However we have NOT been doing that unfortunately. The reason why is because we are understaffed and are shipping out pre-orders placed back in February. We will update the front page to reflect this. Most orders are getting shipped out between 3-7 business days. To fix this we are hiring new employees.

We did OVER $200,000 in just bitcoin sales in the last 24 hours. That is just bitcoin sales. Normally bitcoin revenue is only a small part of our business, but in the last 24 hours it was a large part of our business. We are working overtime and super hard to get your orders out the door. We appreciate your patience and your business. The bitcoin community rocks!
Activity: 123
We have added 5 gram gold PAMP bars:
Cool,

Once I receive my first order I placed with you on march 26th (a 10 oz silver bar and a freedom girl round) I'll see about getting one of these from you also.

Thank you...
Thralen
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
How long does it normally take from order placement to shipping? I see "24 business hours" - does that mean 3 business days of 8 hours each? Or just 24 hours if order is placed M-F?
While eagerly awaiting receipt of my first Amagi order (one krugerrand that I ordered 4/8/13), I thought of two questions. I ask them here rather than via email because others might also be interested in the answers.

1. How much gold can you safely ship in one order? Specifically, if I wanted, say, 20 krugerrands (or maples, eagles, etc.), should I place several small orders or one big order? Have you ever had a shipment get lost?

2. You mentioned above that you use an electronic gold tester. Can you share with us which make/model, and how well you like it? I asked my jeweler this yesterday, while my wife was shopping for earrings, and he suggested the Auracle AGT2.
Love the products and prices so I recently placed my first order with you guys. Everything has gone smoothly(bitpay rox), however I've not received any tracking information on my order which is listed as shipped. I've requested clarification via email, but received no response, so I'm a little confused as to what's going on with my order. USPS tracking sux, but it at least provides some information. Without even this information I have no idea whatsoever when to expect a package of not insignificant value to arrive at my door.

Where/When did you send the email? We respond to all emails within 24 business hours. If you have not received a response, please send an email to [email protected]. Thank you for your business!

Done. Thanks!

I used the contact link on your website yesterday to send.

Edit: Reply email received.

Not shipped yet, but listed as shipped days ago. I don't care for that at all. Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: