Pages:
Author

Topic: [AMBER] X13 POW/POS| 10k AMBER=0,01% SHARES | BUY, HOLD & GET DIVIDENDS in BTC/$ - page 80. (Read 407556 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
After cross checking the block explorer with my wallet.  All transactions are posted correctly as far as I could tell.  still can't find a total balance for a certain date.  Still looking for a viable solution or explanation.  tty tomorrow
i normally use my phone browser... but where can you click to get a balance by date? only thing i see is going back 25 transactions at a time

Yeah that's what you have to do to get to Sep 30th or you can change the web address the last number in the web address is the page number just type in 100 or more whatever until you get to Sep 30th

EXAMPLE

https://www.blockexperts.com/amber/address/AYR8rZMUtcJtAZKGjbht6iCjDq8pAbpMN5&p=2

page = 2

change that number.  I've gone back almost 1000 pages on some addresses
Activity: 701
Merit: 500
Investment protection doesn't cover reinvestment because it is not a part of any round.
Payouts will not affect round price.
This option is only available if you buy shares from company during one of the rounds.

From the beginning option of investment protection was used several times.
As far as I remember 6 or 7 times.

Thats a shame, that investors get coins at 3 time-higher price even without investment protection. I wonder why they did't just set a buy wall at 5-8k sat - it will be filled very quickly. There were many sell offers at 0,02-0,025$. So what is the advantege of getting dividends in Ambercoins at 0,05$?
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
i normally use my phone browser... but where can you click to get a balance by date? only thing i see is going back 25 transactions at a time
Well I'm looking at this spreadsheet for the voting

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oLvTKdIRx9NJGVZ82vdx-xgiVjAtJ7KO-gxviJR1mEk/edit#gid=0

and my wallet address doesn't show the correct amount on a certain date in the past.  The spreadsheet says I had 22k on 9/30/15 which is accurate to my memory. 

when I check out https://www.blockexperts.com/amber  and go to Sep 30th the website says I only have 2K

check out your own address let me know.
It may be a few minutes behind, but it is normally darn pretty accurate from my experience. What sort of discrepancies are you seeing? We may be able to explain, or we may be able to assist in digging deeper.

Edit: when in doubt I'll cross reference with the other explorer
Is there any known defects in https://www.blockexperts.com/amber or is it legit blockchain addresses and all transactions?  I'm noticing some discrepancies.
Activity: 340
Merit: 251
Smell the glove.

The title of this OP should be modified so it does not read "Buy, Hold, & Get dividends in BTC/$" when it is actually not the case anymore.

Hey, let's vote on that, see if we can get AmberDev to change the banner.

I know nobody wants to read a negative post, but, where is the upside in this?
Wait? See if others gamble on AMBER later? Again, the very definition of a Ponzy.

I really do feel bad for those who invested $1k or more and bought directly from AmberTrade.
Will you ever get your initial investment back?
Try it, post your results - that's another way to know.
Activity: 289
Great summary of the current situation, Slydrule.

I am holding and have not sold a single coin. As many here probably feel the same that our hand feels "forced" to hold and receive dividends exclusively in Amber without a choice. Since that is the side that won the vote should everyone that voted for BTC also be expecting a dividend payment in Amber? If so when? Will this be the new status quo for upcoming quarters with the only way to move forward with a dividend that is in Amber?

The title of this OP should be modified so it does not read "Buy, Hold, & Get dividends in BTC/$" when it is actually not the case anymore. I hope there are plans and firm dates to get back to the original plan for upcoming quarters versus relying on this method of voting. This voting method was not in place when many here invested and now all of the sudden it is a big variable impacting many. In the beginning it was very simple....invest....get dividends as stated in the title now a whole new level of complexity is added.

We all have different opinions on this topic but I just wanted to voice mine as a shareholder.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
So out of 161 Shareholders we had a total of 40 Votes for BTC and 22 votes for AMBER.

That's a total of 62 Votes out of 161 possible voters = 38.5% of the voting population actually voted.

40 people  out of 161 = 25% of the populace wants BTC

However the vote was decided by
22 People out of 161 = 13.6% of the populace wanted AMBER.

I can't believe that 13% of the people made the decision for all of us.

I hate elitists, I hate that you counted one person's vote as more valuable than someone else's.

It's in fact out of 131 so the percentage is higher.

But anyway instead of hating, I have some good news for you: You can do something to change this.

Buy more coins and your vote will have more weight in the future, thus your vote will become more influential.

Influence is the key.  Cool

EDIT:
Ovrgro already explained the technical part.

That won't work necessarily.  The company still holds the vast majority of coins and no matter how many you buy, they could sell more to a "friendly" investor.  The problem with altcoins is we do not know who the investors are.  For all we know, the company can put 300,000 AMBER is a wallet and claim they sold them to an investor.  Then the company votes those shares.  There is little or no transparency so we are at the mercy of the administrators of the coin - in this case, AmberTrade and the DEV.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
So out of 161 Shareholders we had a total of 40 Votes for BTC and 22 votes for AMBER.

That's a total of 62 Votes out of 161 possible voters = 38.5% of the voting population actually voted.

I hate elitists, I hate that you counted one person's vote as more valuable than someone else's.

Have you ever owned a stock?  It works the same way.  When shareholders or the company propose a vote on something everyone who owns shares gets to vote on the proposition.  You get one vote for each share you own - and this makes sense.  A person who purchased 1 millions shares should have a greater say than a person who purchase just 1 share.  This is not the issue.

As for how the vote turned out.  Didn't we all know in our hearts it was going to be a vote for AMBER.  Remember when the DEV announced some big purchases from the company at ridiculously high prices and we all scratched our heads wondered who would pay so much for coins that were a fraction of the cost on the exchanges?  Those investors are obviously very friendly to the company and were going to vote their shares however the company wanted them to.  There is nothing odd about that either.  Most publicly traded companies hold 51% of the stock so each time there is a vote, the shareholders get a say, but the company is assured of getting the majority of votes.  People complain about that but no one is forcing them to invest in the company.

To answer the question, is this a scam, we have some circumstantial evidence it might be.  But we have some it isn't.  My question is, if its a scam why pay out any dividends in BTC or AMBER.  They are giving away coins (AMBER) they could have sold on the open markets.  Then again, they are pre-mined coins that cost nothing.  Maybe the company left the DEV high and dry and now he is trying to hold the coin together?

At this point I am thinking its not an actual scam or at least it was not intended to be a scam.  I do believe they intended to pay out dividends in BTC.  But at some point the company decided it did not want to pay holders of AMBER with company profits.  Think about it, how does mining AMBER benefit the company?  If you bought AMBER from the company you are investing in the company.  If you mined AMBER you invested only in the coin and the company does not see any financial benefit from that.

AmberTrade should have pre-mined all coins then offered them for sale to investors.  They could have used the sale of AMBER to fund their projects, in which case shareholders would have a right to be paid dividends for their investments.

Did we get screwed?  Yes.  We were told we would be paid in BTC and now we will be paid in AMBER based on a price that is ridiculously high compared to the market price.  The question we all have to answer is what happens next.  There are other coins that pay out miners and investors in the currency not in BTC or USD.  In fact, isn't POS paying interest or dividends in the currency that is staking?

If we are getting paid in AMBER based on the profits of the company then there is a loose link to claim the coin is backed by the company still.

IMO, the coin as dropped so far in value, its not worth it for me to dump my coins.  Personally, I think the problem with Cryptsy is a much greater threat to our investments in Cryptocurrencies than what's going on with AMBER.  The Cryptsy situation show just how vulnerable EVERY exchange is and if there are no reliable exchanges then none of these currencies are worth anything.
Activity: 630
I've been looking at the block chain.  I'm wondering why the companies AMBER address changes after every transaction?  My wallet has had the same address, all of us as shareholders keep our AMBER in the same address.  Why don't you?

Because we don't use "coin control" feature after every transaction to return a change to source address.
Maybe it will have a bit of sence when balance of second biggest wallet becomes closer to company's one.

Also company's wallet never stakes.
Activity: 532
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
This Post has been removed by myself as it was confusion between OVRGRO and myself over who said what and we both lost our tempers, and for that I apologize.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
Q4 2015 financial results should be available on 27.01.16.
Our financial department asked for an additional week to finish it.

why delayed ?

Can't say for sure.
Maybe there were too much holidays.

well,.i hope Q4 never same like Q3
Activity: 978
Merit: 506

It's in fact out of 131 so the percentage is higher.

But anyway instead of hating, I have some good news for you: You can do something to change this.

Buy more coins and your vote will have more weight in the future, thus your vote will become more influential.

Influence is the key.  Cool

EDIT:
Ovrgro already explained the technical part.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
i saw a lot of people screaming here,then i wonder ,you are investor/trader or kindergarten

the big player still stay cool to see the opportunity of this coin in the future

other coin maybe died,the dev gone never appear again,but Amber still survive until now

personally i like if paid in btc and voted for btc,but with this voting results i will see ,waiting and  patient

Activity: 630
Q4 2015 financial results should be available on 27.01.16.
Our financial department asked for an additional week to finish it.

why delayed ?

Can't say for sure.
Maybe there were too much holidays.
I've been looking at the block chain.  I'm wondering why the companies AMBER address changes after every transaction?  My wallet has had the same address, all of us as shareholders keep our AMBER in the same address.  Why don't you?

i hate that you that you live in some sort of fantasy camp. amber trade is not a fucking democracy, it is a corporation (company, ltd, whatever) and is run as such. bigger shareholders get bigger voices, it is quite literally that way in every company in the world that has stocks/shares.

Pages:
Jump to: