Pages:
Author

Topic: AMHash1: Cost-Effective Mining Contract - page 12. (Read 304031 times)

Activity: 859
Merit: 1000

4) NO RECOURSE: By executing the swap of AMHash for AMHashLC, the owner relinquishes the right for any direct or indirect claims arising out of holding the AMHash contract against any party involved in the creation, performance or sale of the contract AMHash.

It would seem appropriate to link the "no recourse" clause to the performance of the agreement. In other words, people should have full recourse opyions until this new cobtract makes good on its payout in April. Otherwise, people are surrenderingbtheir rights to take steps to recover their funds for just a paper promise to pay

The clause is [likely] as legally binding as the quasi-contract you've entered into with AMHash.
If I steal ten bucks from you, and tell you that you can have a dollar back, but only if you sign a contract promising not to report me to the cops, that contract is null and void.
Not as clearcut in this case, but you get my drift.

Exactly. Therefore for the avoidance of doubt it is practical to communicate AM, Rock & Havelock that acceptance of the offer does not mean any relinquish or transfer or waver of rights to pursue the claim.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

TL:DR: You're asking me how to extricate yourself from a situation no reasonable person would ever place himself in.
The answer is simple: you won't.
You won't get your money back after sending it to Anon who may/may not live halfway around the world.  It can't be done.  
I don't even know that the "here's some crumbs back" offer is genuine, or just another stall/stage of a convoluted scam.  Hence popcorn.

I'm not asking you for anything.  You have no opinion to offer w.r.t. Bitcoin other than "too risky; don't try" and we've all heard it ad nauseum.  Fortunately, not everyone has your zeal for life otherwise we'd still be living in caves, eating raw meat and fearing to venture out lest the "Anons" consume us for lunch.  Give us all a break and eat your popcorn (which by the wouldn't exist either because your world would still be flat without some "Anon" venturing out to find a new trade route for other "Anons" to trade with "Anons" half-way around the globe).

AMHash is now non-performing; telling people not to invest in it now is moot.  

So again I will ask for rational thought on the matter at hand. Try your best not to answer this time NotsoSilentofaNotLambChop.

Not suggesting that you don't take risks, merely that the risks you took are idiotic.  If the popcorn I'm munching on was brought to me at the expense of you taking those [idiotic] risks, guess I'm forever indebted to your intrepid investings.

Not that I'll be repaying that debt, you understand.  No more than Anons behind AM/AMH/HIF/Every_Bitcoin_Security_ Ever will be repaying you.  Your money's gone.
So thanks for my round world & my popcorn, xhomerx10, but, most of all, thanks for teh lel.

@thevictimofuktyranny:  The ridiculous predicament you're in has nothing to do with crypto.  What you have done could be easily replicated with fiat:  just leave $10,000 in used, non-sequential twenties in a brown paper bag at the drop I'll PM you, and soon you'll be farting through silk.  If you do not, xhomerx10 tells me I won't have my round world or my popcorn Cry
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

TL:DR: You're asking me how to extricate yourself from a situation no reasonable person would ever place himself in.
You won't get your money back after sending it to Anon who may/may not live halfway around the world.  It can't be done.  
I don't even know that the "here's some crumbs back" offer is genuine, or just another stall/stage of a convoluted scam.  Hence popcorn.

I'm not asking you for anything.  You have no opinion to offer w.r.t. Bitcoin other than "too risky; don't try" and we've all heard it ad nauseum.  Fortunately, not everyone has your zeal for life otherwise we'd still be living in caves, eating raw meat and fearing to venture out lest the "Anons" consume us for lunch.  Give us all a break and eat your popcorn (which by the wouldn't exist either because your world would still be flat without some "Anon" venturing out to find a new trade route for other "Anons" to trade with "Anons" half-way around the globe).

So again I will ask for rational thought on the matter at hand. Try your best not to answer this time NotsoSilentofaNotLambChop.

I would agree with xbomerx, I bought my shares at Havelock at 0.00085BTC and more at 0.00075BTC - effectively I only got 2 days of dividends on those shares before the announcement of a holiday and then of the funds non-performing status due to a key employee disappearing. No-one knows if Friedcat really ran off with Bitcoins or if he was the victim of crime (he is dead), etc; speculating about is just like writing bullsh*t. So, I have not bothered with this kind of speculation.

At 0.0003BTC, I am getting back 35% to 40% on this bad investment. I find crypto currencies to be a fascinating new sector; I will stick with it despite the losses.  

I invested in PBmining, again I have no idea what happened to people running it, but everyone lost 99% of their investments. Everyone at Hashie, who bought their Gen 1 cloudmining hash, again lost 99% of their investments. That, is what you would call getting back crumbs is like in actual objective factual incidences.

This cloudmining fund was a 4 way partnership, only one of the four partners (ASICMINER) has offered us their 24% back on the original 0.00125BTC share offering.

Therefore, ASICMINER has restored its reputation in my eyes, but the other members of partnership have offered us nothing.  
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I still dont know what do I have to do

I dont see any button in my havelock account

4) NO RECOURSE: By executing the swap of AMHash for AMHashLC, the owner relinquishes the right for any direct or indirect claims arising out of holding the AMHash contract against any party involved in the creation, performance or sale of the contract AMHash.

It would seem appropriate to link the "no recourse" clause to the performance of the agreement. In other words, people should have full recourse opyions until this new cobtract makes good on its payout in April. Otherwise, people are surrenderingbtheir rights to take steps to recover their funds for just a paper promise to pay

The clause is [likely] as legally binding as the quasi-contract you've entered into with AMHash.
If I steal ten bucks from you, and tell you that you can have a dollar back, but only if you sign a contract promising not to report me to the cops, that contract is null and void.

So what would you consider as an alternative to accepting this "quasi-legal" option if you had purchased any shares in this failed venture?

a) hire a lawyer who would inevitably cost you much more than 1.2 minus 0.3 BTC or
b) take a flight to Taiwan and find FC so you could hold up a sign to him demanding justice
c) take the offer and buy 0.3 BTC worth of self-help books so you would never get fooled again
d) not take the offer thereby potentially losing all of your entire investment amount because you doubt the validity of the quasi-contract
e) use your gov't contacts to contact another gov't and "avenge your losses" (physical harm is certainly not the answer - ever -)
[pic]
In all seriousness though, does anyone have an rational thought on the matter?  Does anyone out there believe so strongly that they have a case that they are willing to buy up other peoples shares at a discount to reap the rewards of litigation?

Activity: 25
We are 4 shareholders and we are not going to accept this joke! We started the diplomatic correspondence with Chinese Embassy and we will put those scammers in jail, where they belong!
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912

So what would you consider as an alternative to accepting this "quasi-legal" option if you had purchased any shares in this failed venture?

a) hire a lawyer who would inevitably cost you much more than 1.2 minus 0.3 BTC or
b) take a flight to Taiwan and find FC so you could hold up a sign to him demanding justice
c) take the offer and buy 0.3 BTC worth of self-help books so you would never get fooled again
d) not take the offer thereby potentially losing all of your entire investment amount because you doubt the validity of the quasi-contract
e) use your gov't contacts to contact another gov't and "avenge your losses" (physical harm is certainly not the answer - ever -)

In all seriousness though, does anyone have an rational thought on the matter?  Does anyone out there believe so strongly that they have a case that they are willing to buy up other peoples shares at a discount to reap the rewards of litigation?

Activity: 47

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Havelock robbed me 170BTC
Is the same scheme again: The funds are in the hands of only ONE person, the director of AMHASH (David Fan), what prevents him to imitate FC and run away?, there is no sensible reason why they have to delay the payments in 5 installments, unless they are using the money for anything else, like a risky venture and then come again and tell us the same fairy tale of "the cat hit the Fan"
Activity: 53
Any news on how to transfer direct AMhash into this scheme yet ? I have a few GH/s I rescued from hashie that are in AMHash now. I tried using the transfer form on amhash site to move shares to havelock and nothing has happened....

Amhash probably transferred all shares to Havelock, you'll need to create an account on Havelock using the same email you've used on amhash.com
Thanks,
yeah did that already, but on amhash they still show as pending. Guess I'll have to wait.
Activity: 154
Any news on how to transfer direct AMhash into this scheme yet ? I have a few GH/s I rescued from hashie that are in AMHash now. I tried using the transfer form on amhash site to move shares to havelock and nothing has happened....

Amhash probably transferred all shares to Havelock, you'll need to create an account on Havelock using the same email you've used on amhash.com
Activity: 53
Activity: 859
Merit: 1000
I would accept the offer but decline waving rights to the remaining 70%. At the end of the day it is up to a judge to decide if forced acceptance is legally binding. And please no bullshit they are not liable...
Activity: 729
Merit: 500
I dunno, accepting another deal that might not pay either is a bad idea.  There is no guarantee here that you'll transfer your shares (And lose your rights to them) and then get paid.  They are saying they will, but they might also just make another post about how some other dude ran off with that money and there is nothing left.  Once bitten twice shy...
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
And if i log in in haveolock acocunt i have the xfr button on my "account overview" page to transfer amhash1 shares to make the swap....

Thanks, I've been looking for the button for 2 days now.

I lost BTC when PBmining went down as well; just glad to get something back from this mess.

I think, I'll stick to GPU mining in future or European Cloudmining companies, even if the yield/dividends are rubbish. 
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009
And if i log in in haveolock acocunt i have the xfr button on my "account overview" page to transfer amhash1 shares to make the swap....
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009
Did somebody already transferred shares to AMHASHLC?

Looking at havelock page of the founds https://www.havelockinvestments.com/funds.php it seems that there are 315,992 swapped....

Not me anyway...

This is what i see, and i'm not logged in ....

Activity: 154

I'm not surprised that people are taking the deal, as most people are after instant gratification and will give up so easily.
This offer is literally blackmailing, I highly recommend against the swap.
Pages:
Jump to: