Pages:
Author

Topic: Amount of BTC for trading - page 4. (Read 1665 times)

GFE
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
September 28, 2017, 05:23:41 AM
I suppose it depends on trader experience. If you are beginner it is better to use of 10% of total deposit for trading. If you experienced trader it may be up to 20-30% of total deposit and higher. Of course, it is safely to use only part of total deposit for trading.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
September 28, 2017, 05:05:51 AM
I think it's better to use a small amount of BTC to trade intraday. Moreover, you can use margin exposure, and I think 2-5% of your deposit you can invest in litecoins in the case to multiply your profit.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
September 28, 2017, 04:59:33 AM
Hey there!
I would like to ask you what you concider a good amount of bitcoins for daily short term speculations. How do you think what is the good number for beginers / advanced / experienced traders? Or maybe it if better not to short and just buy some of any good alts and wai for a pump (like some days or weeks)?

If you are a beginner then maybe put a little amount first because you don't know how your trade will go. Maybe you will have a beginner's luck and have profit or you will immediately have a lose but what's important is that you experience it. Trading with just your mind seems so ideal like when you are just reading all the theories in trading and when you are already there trading live, it seems like you are in another world. It's a totally different story and then you will begin to understand where those theories apply in actual trading. Maybe you can start with just 0.01 and then add it if you are more confident and trust yourself of making it bigger. Don't let your emotions do the trading. You should always plan your trade and trade your plan.
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
September 28, 2017, 03:39:21 AM
First you have study how to trade.
There are many type of trading, day trading, swing trading etc.

If you are a trader in other market, then first try small amount trading in bitcoin and altcoins just to gain experienced trading bitcoin and altcoin.
Of course you had to apply your trading technique in bitcoin and altcoin.
After you are confident then you can trade big amount. Goodluck trading.  Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
September 28, 2017, 02:02:40 AM
I'll buy some Altcoin for pumping, provided the coin tang is bought to have a good rate going forward, that's what I do for the short term
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
September 28, 2017, 01:33:41 AM
You need to first identify the amount that you have in spare and which you are okay even at the most its value goes down by 60 - 70% you will be able to carry your normal life. After this you can start trading and be sure that you are aware this is risky and it involves the art of identifying when to buy and sell.
Activity: 345
September 28, 2017, 01:29:14 AM
Hey there!
I would like to ask you what you concider a good amount of bitcoins for daily short term speculations. How do you think what is the good number for beginers / advanced / experienced traders? Or maybe it if better not to short and just buy some of any good alts and wai for a pump (like some days or weeks)?
The minimum price, you should not throw out 2 to 3 bitcoins at once, especially in the short term, you will burn very quickly. Well, it all depends on you, you can put it all and all of a sudden you're lucky.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
September 28, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
Hey there!
Well, to consider any amount to spend first is how much you can afford to lose if ever. There are no specific amounts because traders varies. I have different amount of money as other or yours, if you want to make short trades you should know how and have an experience on it because it was too risky. Thinking up in long term is much better to allocated much bigger amounts .
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
September 28, 2017, 12:50:52 AM
Hey there!

nobody can really tell you what to do in any of these cases.
the amount you put into trading only depends on you and the risks you are willing to take. some people are risk takers and some are more conservative and take lower risks. it also depends on how much money you already have!
and what method of trading you choose also depends on you and what little experience you have in each of them. if you are familiar with shorting and how it works and also accept the risks of that then it can potentially be a great way of making profit. but some (me for instance) prefer the regular way of trading to buy alts low and dump them when they are pumped.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
September 28, 2017, 12:41:39 AM
Depend on your definition of small and big money I suppose, no exact answer to that question. But if you are still learning, just start with small amount you are comfortable with, not too much pressure.
Activity: 742
September 28, 2017, 12:18:32 AM
Hey there!

You should start trading Btc in small quantities; in the range of 0.03 to 0.1 btc then you can learn and draw experiences for you; It will be quite difficult for beginners, you need patience, success will come to you. Good luck!
Activity: 448
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
September 27, 2017, 11:38:29 PM
Well it obviously depends on your budget and how much money are you going to risk in trading, but honestly, there is not an initial amount of money that you need to start trading, i started with 0.07 a long time ago, because i didnt wanted to risk so much, but it could rise it quickly to 0.20 in a few weeks. So you only need to have some skills and take advantage of this volatile market.
Activity: 679
Merit: 500
September 27, 2017, 11:33:21 PM
There is no requrements of the amount of money you must place to start trading. But good if you have a large investment because the greater the profit you. Since I started my investment was 0.01 and it was 0.1 this one week ago. I was also lucky at that time because I bought Shitcoins that really pumps about 200%. So if you come in here it's better that you have a big investment so your bitcoins can easily increase
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000
Truly decentralized stable asset
September 27, 2017, 08:00:24 PM
Hey there!

For beginners my advice will be to go for demo traidng platforms and check their results before investing real money/coin.Even you can test yourself with small amount but never invest or deposit money which you can not afford to lose.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
September 27, 2017, 07:43:32 PM
Hey there!

Never invest more than you can afford to lose. That is rule #1 when it comes to trading.

Beginner: depending on your bankroll I would not start with more than 1 BTC
Advanced: 1-10 BTC depending on your bankroll
Experienced: Unlimited...
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
September 27, 2017, 07:32:47 PM
If you are beginner its better if you invest only you can afford to lose . It depends to your money what is minimum amount do you want . But its better if you invest thousands dollars so if the bitcoin or ether you bought increase you will earn a lot of profit. As of now bitcoin is good for shorterm and many people as of now earn little profit in bitcoin what if you hold for few months and few years for sure you will earn alot of profit.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
September 27, 2017, 07:10:22 PM
Hodl is the best way if you want to earn a good profit for me $1000 is a good amount to start. If you are begginer just put a small amount
It depends on a person if how much is willing to take the risks in trading. $1000 to start for trading is nice is just that you should know already the consoquences in investing your money. So it is also better to diversify your investment as most saying dont put your eggs in one basket.
Activity: 952
September 27, 2017, 06:24:21 PM
Hodl is the best way if you want to earn a good profit for me $1000 is a good amount to start. If you are begginer just put a small amount
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
September 27, 2017, 06:18:18 PM
When i use to trade, my first time on it i started with about 0.15 - 0.20 btc, and that was a very high amount of money if you are a begginer, and if you are just starting in the trading world, so that money is enough if you are a newbie. Maybe you can start with less money, but your profits are going to be so low, maybe you can earn 0.001 a day, and it is not worth it. So it depends on how much is your budget, and how much you can afford to loss
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
September 27, 2017, 01:47:10 PM
I think any amount greater than $1000 will be good bankroll to earn from short term or day trading but if you have more that than you can make multiple short term trades for 2-5% profit which in total will be great profit for a day.

I am also doing few short term trades daily and making around $50-$100 daily but my total bankroll is way higher than $1k.
Pages:
Jump to: