Pages:
Author

Topic: AMT users thread. - page 46. (Read 60097 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
June 04, 2014, 08:17:02 PM

AMT...  I don't recall saying that IMET handled mounting boards on heat sinks.

It explicitly says: "AMT was responsible for the mechanical designs, thermal designs (heatsinks), assembly, final test and QC. "

Also,  apparently AMT is trying its best to distort history by finally posting some news in the past:  https://advancedminers.com/category/amt-news/  that was not there previously
The post in question about heatsinks was in response to my question on testing done by IMET https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7100933

Specifically the last sentence of 1st paragraph.

It in turn brought a response about testing for more than a few min. Anywho that usually means that sinks were used that could not handle extended running. Not uncommon for limited full power go/no-go test rigs - but - ONLY after longer testing proves that it is good enough and then they were removed. Sadly once again, no time was allowed for proveout. Was this the case? (test-only rig)

Given the nature of these beasties personally I would do only full power testing after the boards were attached to their real-use heatsinks... At least the big'uns on the back. For short ter-testing the chips would run topless so to speak. A lot less trouble/expense than mounting to test sinks & then removing them/cleaning up just for the real heatsinks to attached later on... However, that is not what IMET said, they only talked about heatsinks for testing and nothing beyond that.

Back to the show.

Like any engineering enterprise, you got to validate some initial prototypes work out the issues then go towards mass production.   The Bitmine and AMT boards were labeled revision 3, so there were at least 3 attempts to fix issues.  In fact, the latest Bitmine board doesn't look anything like the previous AMT rev. 3 board.  It has 10 chips instead of 8 chips. 

Now if a company takes the risk of going for a full production run without adequate testing,  that is a risk they take.  However, that's the gamble you make when you claim delivery earlier than everyone else.   The penalty for failure should fall on the company and not the customers.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
June 04, 2014, 07:49:20 PM

AMT...  I don't recall saying that IMET handled mounting boards on heat sinks.

It explicitly says: "AMT was responsible for the mechanical designs, thermal designs (heatsinks), assembly, final test and QC. "

Also,  apparently AMT is trying its best to distort history by finally posting some news in the past:  https://advancedminers.com/category/amt-news/  that was not there previously
The post in question about heatsinks was in response to my question on testing done by IMET https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7100933

Specifically the last sentence of 1st paragraph.

It in turn brought a response about testing for more than a few min. Anywho that usually means that sinks were used that could not handle extended running. Not uncommon for limited full power go/no-go test rigs - but - ONLY after longer testing proves that it is good enough and then they were removed. Sadly once again, no time was allowed for proveout. Was this the case? (test-only rig)

Given the nature of these beasties personally I would do only full power testing after the boards were attached to their real-use heatsinks... At least the big'uns on the back. For short ter-testing the chips would run topless so to speak. A lot less trouble/expense than mounting to test sinks & then removing them/cleaning up just for the real heatsinks to attached later on... However, that is not what IMET said, they only talked about heatsinks for testing and nothing beyond that.

Back to the show.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
June 04, 2014, 04:54:45 PM
Why do you guys worry so much? You will ROI anyway, no matter how late they ship. They guarantee it:

That’s why we guarantee enough hashing power to meet ROI and then some, when mining SHA-256 coin. If the networks increases to a point where your investment in our technology is no longer profitable, AMT will upgrade your Miner to the next level Miner absolutely free. We want our clientele to succeed and prosper together with.

Miner protection is automatically applied to all purchases from AMT and is valid from the date 09/26/2013.

https://advancedminers.com/miner-protection-plan/

Dont forget to screenshot/save that page, may come in handy.

Honestly, the presence of this MPP with words like Return Of Investment could lead to the involvement of the SEC.

The SEC already got involved with Virtual Mining Corp ( a Bitcoin miner ) http://www.coindesk.com/missouri-secretary-state-halts-mining-business-deceptive-tactics/ 

Right the precedent has been set... And this could lead to more of those kinds of interventions.  Would effectively end the preorder market from a legal standpoint good news IMO.
legendary
June 04, 2014, 04:44:09 PM
Why do you guys worry so much? You will ROI anyway, no matter how late they ship. They guarantee it:

That’s why we guarantee enough hashing power to meet ROI and then some, when mining SHA-256 coin. If the networks increases to a point where your investment in our technology is no longer profitable, AMT will upgrade your Miner to the next level Miner absolutely free. We want our clientele to succeed and prosper together with.

Miner protection is automatically applied to all purchases from AMT and is valid from the date 09/26/2013.

Honestly, the presence of this MPP with words like Return Of Investment could lead to the involvement of the SEC.

The SEC already got involved with Virtual Mining Corp ( a Bitcoin miner ) http://www.coindesk.com/missouri-secretary-state-halts-mining-business-deceptive-tactics/ 

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
June 04, 2014, 04:38:35 PM

June 04, 2014, 03:38:50 PM
Well the 10th is coming pretty quick. Obviously the legal team will have all this info and will know how to proceed with it. The discrediting thing is not going to work anyway. Least hearing both sides we get to figure out what the deal is. I checked out their awards claims and those are valid. Obviously you don't get awards like that without doing something right. And they clearly are demonstrating that.

All said and done I am personally interested in the facts wherever that takes me. I think its safe to say we all want the facts. As much as things are what they are the part that sucks here is that we are waiting for hardware and compensation that may or may not fully come. Hopefully the court situation and discovery process enlightens the truth of the matter.
legendary
June 04, 2014, 03:34:13 PM
AMT deleted their own post. Josh realized he was about to be caught in yet another lie. It's a hell of a web he has woven for himself.

He probably read the IMET post wrong and then was going to exploit the possible mistake by claiming that IMET lied.

Anyway, here is a posting from AMT's website:  https://advancedminers.com/amt-starts-production-1-2th-miners/

AMT has chosen IMET Technologies, a quick turn product manufacturer and PCB ( printed circuit board ) assembly factory located in Southampton, PA. Tom Krol, CEO of IMET, already had an existing interest in bitcoin mining  prior to meeting our company. He noted that this will be a an adventure into a world where PCB assembly services  meets and prosperous industries via a new technology and is confident that his company will get the job done. We believe based on IMET’s enthusiasm, great reputation and general interested in bitcoin mining and our industry,  that IMET is the right company to partner with for the production of our 520 and 1.2Th’s miner. PCB Designs and production files for our miners will be sent from our swiss partners Bitmine.ch (creator of the A1 28nm chip) and IMET will provide AMT with a  full service product manufacturing fascility, allowing our company to grow and prosper using American manfuacturers. We believe that IMET’s experience and know how, is a surety for our AMT’s success.

Note: spelling errors in the posting were not mine.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
June 04, 2014, 03:31:37 PM
AMT deleted their own post. Josh realized he was about to be caught in yet another lie. It's a hell of a web he has woven for himself.
legendary
June 04, 2014, 03:27:16 PM

I meant AMT's comment. I dont see it. Must have been removed. I agree though. IMET never said that.

AMT is going to take any opportunity to discredit everyone associated with this.   They are trying to discredit IMET because their case rests on the argument that IMET did a terrible job.

However, AMT does not have a case because they need to prove that they made every effort to ensure delivery of products.   How is sending a "bouncing check" to your contract manufacturer a step in that direction?

Now we have evidence that AMT is pulling out parts from non-working boards using a hot air soldering gun!

June 04, 2014, 03:22:10 PM
legendary
June 04, 2014, 03:16:09 PM
June 04, 2014, 03:10:17 PM
Where is the post that is quoted by AMT? A bit confused here.
legendary
June 04, 2014, 03:01:41 PM
legendary
June 04, 2014, 12:26:37 PM
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
June 04, 2014, 11:37:21 AM
WOW.
Up until now all this could have been chalked up to gross incompetence, which I'm pretty sure is not a crime. But knowingly passing bad checks will land a person in jail.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
June 04, 2014, 11:01:43 AM
Thanks for that IMET, it is interesting to hear your side of the story. Until now we have only heard one side.

No problem.  Never in my life have I seen anything quite like this.   
June 04, 2014, 10:48:52 AM
Thanks for that IMET, it is interesting to hear your side of the story. Until now we have only heard one side.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
June 04, 2014, 09:05:36 AM
Here is what was brought up today and has been running for a few hours.  I'll keep posting on a daily basis to hopefully convince AMT to pay their bill to IMET so I can show them what to do to make things right or at least point everyone in the right direction.  Again, there is nothing wrong with the PCBs or PCB assembly.  We did not make any mods to the boards.      

Date shows 2/23/2014  That is February.  Is this an old photo.   So the system was working back in February?

Yes, the date is off, however the diff looks correct.  

I am utterly surprised and dumfounded here to see this hashing on 5 boards without any problems!  Could the problems be as basic as AMT not applying enough or correct thermal paste?

I thought AMT was using IMET for their assembly of their miners.  They certainly did not do assembly from their small office in Haverford.

IMET, when did AMT stop payment and therefore stop assembling miners?

Also,  AMT claims to be working with another contract manufacturer 30 miles away (PTC?) with a different board design.  There certainly are a lot of unwanted parts that IMET has manufactured that may be valuable to AMT customers who have been left without any technical support.

IMET only built PCBs.  That is it, nothing more.  AMT did mechanical assembly and was responsible for everything else besides PCBs.  The check was dated 4/18/14 and from what I understand from our bank, the AMT account was closed a while before.  AMT did a good job of taking stuff out of my shop before the check problem and I have not seen Josh since; therefore, I can only assume that he knew what he was doing there.  I am sure that AMT does have a lot of stuff that could be useful to its customers based on what I have been able to do with the stuff he left here.  The smashed units that I saw on this forum are utterly disturbing, and I have no idea how many he sent out.  I have made the following public offering to AMT, but I believe AMT does not believe that I have done anything and I am bluffing.  We/I do not work that way.  Take a look at our name on the Internet.  In fact, we were just named "Manufacturer of the Year" by the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.  IMET put a lot into this project, so we also want to get what we deserve from AMT.  If AMT pays the remainder of their bill for services rendered, I'd be willing to give up what I know and hence help AMT customers as well.  I have reached out to AMT and did get a response but it has been quiet for the last day.  Maybe, the customers can push AMT to help my cause and theirs.  At this point, I have put a lot into this on my own time/dime to try to make something positive happen.  I do not know about the other CM but from pictures, it appears that AMT is taking A1 chips off of boards that IMET built.  Based on the TV in the background, no static jacket (ground strap?), and the hot air gun and hot plate, I am assuming that this is not being done at a CM.  AMT is actually compromising the A1 chips using this method of removal.  Temperature cannot be accurately controlled on such a setup.  We have a $50k machine here that removes parts in a controlled and repeatable process.  I reached out to him about this as well because the picture is concerning from a manufacturing point of view.         
legendary
June 04, 2014, 07:02:28 AM
Here is what was brought up today and has been running for a few hours.  I'll keep posting on a daily basis to hopefully convince AMT to pay their bill to IMET so I can show them what to do to make things right or at least point everyone in the right direction.  Again, there is nothing wrong with the PCBs or PCB assembly.  We did not make any mods to the boards.      

I am looking at this photo and I am wondering. What is the top most heatsink for?  It does not appear to be mounted on any board.

In fact, how are these boards even held together,  I don't see a frame.
legendary
June 04, 2014, 06:44:27 AM

Date shows 2/23/2014  That is February.  Is this an old photo.   So the system was working back in February?

Yes, the date is off, however the diff looks correct.  

I am utterly surprised and dumfounded here to see this hashing on 5 boards without any problems!  Could the problems be as basic as AMT not applying enough or correct thermal paste?

I thought AMT was using IMET for their assembly of their miners.  They certainly did not do assembly from their small office in Haverford.

IMET, when did AMT stop payment and therefore stop assembling miners?

Also,  AMT claims to be working with another contract manufacturer 30 miles away (PTC?) with a different board design.  There certainly are a lot of unwanted parts that IMET has manufactured that may be valuable to AMT customers who have been left without any technical support.
Pages:
Jump to: