Pages:
Author

Topic: AMT users thread. - page 49. (Read 60097 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Stan the Man!
May 12, 2014, 03:08:37 PM
what a trainwreck and a half.  glad i had my wits about me, and decided to try them out with the purchase of a smaller miner, instead of going whole hog on one of the TH rigs.  my experience was bad enough with the $1500 purchase.

dodged a bullet for sure.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 12, 2014, 03:08:06 PM
Does anyone else get the funny feeling that this Mr. Swim is actually one of the AMT crew, trying to put some side-spin on this, while not coming out directly as being associated with AMT.  gag order prevents any further explanation/communication from AMT on this forum, and this Swim guy is just plain puzzling.  is it Jim or Josh, trying to make excuses and/or leak info, to buy time?  Alyssa turn on them?  the packaging guy got fed up with is $10/hr job and turned whistle blower?

doesn't make any sense at all.

also, this one is for Phinn, notice the order #333.  33 being the magic masonic number.  maybe its not a coincidence that it is a previously silent customer, with order #333, finally speaking out.

odd, very odd indeed.

Duh.... likely AMT is disguise... why?  What kind of customer deletes peoples comments in a moderated thread?

Here's an example of a post that was deleted:

Do you happen to know why they had even chosen to reply to people in a forum and not directly to their customers via email? I have an order with 2 1.2th miners. Gee if they even send me some competitor's hardware which is cheaper now id be happy.

A forum is a public arena, it seems that here they get a better understand of who's order is what and who's order they can fulfill directly without offering up settlement options via their website. It seems that if they were to email all their clients (some in the class action) then again it would result in a problem, because again that would be settling outside of the class which the other lawyers don't seem to like.  Sad  <-  Frowny face.

I am only a client of AMT, but my suggestion is to email AMT with what you'd propose as a form of settlement for your order, from the above options which I overheard while sitting in their office.

Again - my name is Mr. Swim, my order # is 333.

It is AMT's fiduciary duty to send an email to each and every customer about their current situation.

The fact that they are all communicating with this board about their issues is a complete breach of that duty.

Only a small percentage of customers monitor Bitcointalk.  In fact, even less are monitoring this thread because it is so new.
Activity: 267
Stan the Man!
May 12, 2014, 02:53:22 PM
Does anyone else get the funny feeling that this Mr. Swim is actually one of the AMT crew, trying to put some side-spin on this, while not coming out directly as being associated with AMT.  gag order prevents any further explanation/communication from AMT on this forum, and this Swim guy is just plain puzzling.  is it Jim or Josh, trying to make excuses and/or leak info, to buy time?  Alyssa turn on them?  the packaging guy got fed up with is $10/hr job and turned whistle blower?

doesn't make any sense at all.

also, this one is for Phinn, notice the order #333.  33 being the magic masonic number.  maybe its not a coincidence that it is a previously silent customer, with order #333, finally speaking out.

odd, very odd indeed.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 11, 2014, 11:26:15 PM
I hope we just get refunds and some.

I'd guess not likely.

If it goes to trial maybe, but then it depends on how much they can get out of them. That could include liquidating all assets as well as those of the AMTs principal owners if charges of fraud and found to be legit.

Then the lawyers get their cut, which will be hefty because they are working on contingency. Then it will be divided between everyone in the class who signs up and says they agree to the settlement or awarded damages.

You do have the ability to sue them independently if you don't agree with any settlement or award reached from the class action.

I tend to agree here.  We likely are not going to be made whole at all.

However, I'm going to tell you this based on my experience interacting with AMT.   I doubt you'll get anything at all from AMT interacting with them individually.

I tried to make a deal with them about just getting 50 chips.  I couldn't even swing that deal!

Unfortunately everyone not being made whole is a pretty good possibility.  ALL the lawyers are going to make the bank on this one sorry guys.

Look at this from a business PoV and what is likely at this point (all of this is my opinion)
1) They under capitalized the start up (BIG fucking no no in the real world, it makes piercing the corporate veil easier and incidentally one of the leading reasons why the corporate veil is pierced).
2) They spent a lot (or most) of the customer money on overhead, design/manufacture and inventory (another BIG fucking no no)
3) As a result of 1 & 2 they don't have money left for refunds without killing themselves
4) Legal problems that have potentially just begun, believe it or not the class action getting certified may just be the least of their legal troubles in the coming months and years.
5) NO NEW REVENUE AND BILLS PROBABLY PILING UP FAST. (I hope the owners aren't drawing a salary and I hope even more it's not a big fat one...)

Doesn't take a genius to see where this sorry sack of shit company is going.

Excellent points....And very likley situation with not just them but everyone doing this. The pre-order "investomer" method just doesn't work. There has to be some funding to back all this up and to shore things up and cover losses. It was just poor business planning. Which does happen sadly. Unfortunately we (customers) are the ones paying the price now. Hopefully they find some way to make this right. But this is likely not happening.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
May 11, 2014, 09:33:02 PM

I'd guess not likely.

If it goes to trial maybe, but then it depends on how much they can get out of them. That could include liquidating all assets as well as those of the AMTs principal owners if charges of fraud and found to be legit.

Then the lawyers get their cut, which will be hefty because they are working on contingency. Then it will be divided between everyone in the class who signs up and says they agree to the settlement or awarded damages.

You do have the ability to sue them independently if you don't agree with any settlement or award reached from the class action.

However, I'm going to tell you this based on my experience interacting with AMT.   I doubt you'll get anything at all from AMT interacting with them individually.

I tried to make a deal with them about just getting 50 chips.  I couldn't even swing that deal!

Unfortunately everyone not being made whole is a pretty good possibility.  ALL the lawyers are going to make the bank on this one sorry guys.

Look at this from a business PoV and what is likely at this point (all of this is my opinion)
1) They under capitalized the start up (BIG fucking no no in the real world, it makes piercing the corporate veil easier and incidentally one of the leading reasons why the corporate veil is pierced).
2) They spent a lot (or most) of the customer money on overhead, design/manufacture and inventory (another BIG fucking no no)
3) As a result of 1 & 2 they don't have money left for refunds without killing themselves
4) Legal problems that have potentially just begun, believe it or not the class action getting certified may just be the least of their legal troubles in the coming months and years.
5) NO NEW REVENUE AND BILLS PROBABLY PILING UP FAST. (I hope the owners aren't drawing a salary and I hope even more it's not a big fat one...)

Doesn't take a genius to see where this sorry sack of shit company is going.
May 11, 2014, 07:58:19 PM
So that could actually mean only those people get made whole and the rest of us get nothing and have to go our own route? If thats the case then that sucks.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
May 11, 2014, 12:11:24 PM

I'd guess not likely.

I tried to make a deal with them about just getting 50 chips.  I couldn't even swing that deal!

Right now the lawsuit is not set as a class action yet. Right now its only presenting 3 individuals. If it does get class action status, then everyone is already a part of it. We don't have to join it. However you have the right to opt out of a class action.

But if it doesn't make it to class action status, then the only people getting payback will be the lawyers and the 3 original purchasers in the lawsuit.

So I'm looking at my own options since AMT is refusing to email me any type of professional response.
legendary
May 11, 2014, 07:17:55 AM

I'd guess not likely.

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
May 11, 2014, 06:41:49 AM
So I see it as: AMT goes bankrupt and forced to liquidate whatever assets they have.  Everybody gets a settlement out of earnings from the action, that I'm sure was priced accordingly and openly.

FIN
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 11, 2014, 05:33:49 AM
Me thinks you overhead too much in an office that is too small to not over hear much.

Give me a break dude!

Suing IMET or even Bitmine.ch is not an issue customers care about.   We only care about a refund.

Besides,  why am I hearing the manufacturing problems from you and not from the source AMT?

Order #333 is the source, name Joshua Zipkin. It's code. BTW, don't believe for one sec that he's goin' tell the truth using a pseudonym when he wasn't able to using AMT's name.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 11, 2014, 05:25:41 AM
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
May 11, 2014, 02:19:33 AM

I'd guess not likely.

Activity: 40
May 11, 2014, 02:08:18 AM
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
May 11, 2014, 01:42:31 AM
So if Craig wins the class action lawsuit, what happens?

We all get a piece.
Activity: 40
May 11, 2014, 01:02:23 AM
So if Craig wins the class action lawsuit, what happens?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
May 11, 2014, 12:47:09 AM
Besides,  why am I hearing the manufacturing problems from you and not from the source AMT?

Because AMT knows they can't directly blame IMET, as that would be libel, and they'd just get sued again.
legendary
May 11, 2014, 12:03:22 AM
May 11, 2014, 12:03:07 AM
Thanks for that. Yea I think we have more than enough AMT threads Wink
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
May 10, 2014, 11:52:24 PM
Posting this here because it was suspiciously deleted by a supposed customer of AMT.

Why would an AMT customer delete this?  Why would an AMT customer have so much detail.
That's why I locked the other thread. It was a suspicious thread pretending to be a customer's thread yet was self moderated and the account was new.
Activity: 364
May 10, 2014, 11:42:47 PM
Well it appears that "clients_of_amt" sure hear a lot sitting in the waiting room. But since they shipped out miners they knew didn't work or could put their customers in danger combined with the fact that were vocal about not cooperating with those customers who sent in complaints I wonder if I should have them brought up on charges of attempted homicide.

Either way I'll have to send the picture of my burnt up chip to the attorneys handling the class action.

Wouldn't it be IMT since Mr. Swim said they made the boards?
Pages:
Jump to: