Author

Topic: Analysis - page 106. (Read 941567 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
September 15, 2016, 05:00:29 AM
Yeah, joining the choir of "luc(if) rules" voices. Been on the edge myself since the double top formed (weird, just notice that's only 2 days ago... feels longer), mainly believing we'll see consolidation rather than a sharp drop. But the combination of my own indicators, bad news, bad forum sentiment and finally, lucif's call made me substantially rearrange my position yesterday, just in time for the big drop.

I still have to say, I'm strongly sceptical about parts of lucif's methodology: EW theory seems a bit too shady for my taste (though I tried wrapping my head around it in the last weeks), and his basic premise that "news follows TA, not the other way around" is something I strongly question.

But all that said, there's no reason to argue with results: no matter how he arrives at them, he has an uncanny ability to call tops (and to a degree, bottoms). I'm glad he's posting here.

P.S. No way we'll see a multi-year bear market. Maybe a shift in the overall exponential trend to a slightly lesser (but still exponential) rise, but I'm convinced within 365 we will see a new ATH.

[Sorry for the OT post in this great thread. Will be the only one.]

Quite embarrassing to read my own posts from back then. In another post around that time, I assigned a "40% chance" to luc's prediction (of the coming year+ bear market), but actually, I didn't really take into account the possibility of it happening until much later.

Lesson learned (I hope).

almost no one expected a bear market this long, except a guy who proved to be a genius when it comes to predicting bitcoin.

let's hope his other prediction (a new bull market on 2016/2017) also proves accurate.   

So far, 2016 is pretty good, but there aren't any clear signs of a real rally still.

And than there's the blocksize issue. (I can't believe Core is still the most popular version, even though 1MB blocksize is really not enough anymore).
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
September 14, 2016, 09:09:39 PM
Quite embarrassing to read my own posts from back then. In another post around that time, I assigned a "40% chance" to luc's prediction (of the coming year+ bear market), but actually, I didn't really take into account the possibility of it happening until much later.

Lesson learned (I hope).
I remember the times at the end of 2013 when I was drawing comparisons to 2011.

P.S. No way we'll see a multi-year bear market. Maybe a shift in the overall exponential trend to a slightly lesser (but still exponential) rise, but I'm convinced within 365 we will see a new ATH.
Following the 32 top, it took 1 1/2 years to make a new alltime high.

Why do you guys think it cannot happen again? Or happen even worse? In 2011, things looked awesome too. But then came the bear market, 6 months long, 95% loss. Slowly, progress was actually undone as merchant acceptance dwindled etc. Why? Because the price fell. It is all feedback loops.

The price does cause the news because it triggers or "unlocks" certain events, and the news is reflected in the price before it comes out, usually. Practical example: Had the price not risen so much so fast, the Chinese government wouldn't have done anything yet, probably. And, is it not easy to imagine that insiders on the chinese exchanges held back buying before and instead sold, which reflected in the chart patterns?

I learned. Grin

Still learning.

Holding for nearly a year now, something which I never would have done in the past, but at last, I've become confident enough of this on a long time frame ever since it's bolstered by the weekly 200 SMA and failed to penetrate the 150 low in August last year. One big reason for me to take the most long term approach I possibly can is to avoid the disaster that potentially awaits when you hold a balance on the current amateur exchanges.

Since I expect Bitcoin to not only hit alltime highs, but surpass its former high by far, I won't even consider doing anything until then, unless the technicals get completely obliterated. Depending on the trajectory the price takes to this area, I may even decide not to trade it. It's entirely possible for Bitcoin to have a multi-year "steady" (well, by Bitcoin's standards) bull market.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
September 14, 2016, 08:00:36 PM
I predict that the next few days the price of bitcoin will increase. with the more stable the price of bitcoin few days it will make investors more confidence to use bitcoin.
Activity: 509
Merit: 564
"In Us We Trust"
September 14, 2016, 01:54:10 PM
Its pretty amazing how his EW predictions come to fruition, but why?  Why would this pattern apply in a seemingly random fairly large group of traders who dictate the price by their sentiment and actions??

The EW structures also meet the common definition of a fractal. Fractals are natural, mathematical patterns of evolving symmetry found in nature...

In my opinion (which I would love to write a thesis on one day), human behavior seems to derive from a fractal thought process, and thus price movements are also fractal. If you look at the human brain and how it functions, much of it is symmetrical, self-similar, and recursive (see 'The Fractal Brian Theory' by Wai Tsang); I think this is why we see fractal patterns manifest in price discovery.

Based off personal experience, there are lots of securities that display these properties (especially intraday), but some are more apparent than others. Bitcoin has one of the most apparent fractal structures, IMO. Maybe because it has the least amount of artificial market-moving influences (like central bank or government policy).
Activity: 798
21 million. I want them all.
September 14, 2016, 01:30:35 PM
Don't forget we must retrace and consolidate a bit to continue our bull run, in order to have a healthy rally.
I know that, but how to tell if consolidation is done? What condition should be met exactly before bitcoin price start go higher?

I keep hearing about this 'consolidation' thing a lot but can someone actually explain it to me?

During consolidation, the bollinger bands will squeeze very tight. Low volatility.
Activity: 560
Merit: 502
September 14, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
Don't forget we must retrace and consolidate a bit to continue our bull run, in order to have a healthy rally.
I know that, but how to tell if consolidation is done? What condition should be met exactly before bitcoin price start go higher?

I keep hearing about this 'consolidation' thing a lot but can someone actually explain it to me?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
September 14, 2016, 10:10:04 AM
Yeah, joining the choir of "luc(if) rules" voices. Been on the edge myself since the double top formed (weird, just notice that's only 2 days ago... feels longer), mainly believing we'll see consolidation rather than a sharp drop. But the combination of my own indicators, bad news, bad forum sentiment and finally, lucif's call made me substantially rearrange my position yesterday, just in time for the big drop.

I still have to say, I'm strongly sceptical about parts of lucif's methodology: EW theory seems a bit too shady for my taste (though I tried wrapping my head around it in the last weeks), and his basic premise that "news follows TA, not the other way around" is something I strongly question.

But all that said, there's no reason to argue with results: no matter how he arrives at them, he has an uncanny ability to call tops (and to a degree, bottoms). I'm glad he's posting here.

[Sorry for the OT post in this great thread. Will be the only one.]

Lesson learned (I hope).
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
September 13, 2016, 05:29:00 PM
This past year's gradual bullish sentiment (and where I think we all know we're headed) got me to thinking of old times when Masterluc said this crazy thing, and it made a lot of people upset...

I love stuff like this. I gave up making calls even in the privacy of my own mind a very long time ago. It must be a fine feeling to have it all pan out as you expect.
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
September 13, 2016, 01:29:15 PM

I thought the end will have more epic start. Third day in a row I wake up, see charts and ask myself "Is this the end?" and third day in a row answer is "Yes".

Ah, of course thanks Satoshi and community, but I am still here =) Next entering point for me is in 2016-2017 year.

End of first historicalbullish trend 2010-2013.

That's a pretty good track record.

Prepare for 2017......

Masterluc seems to be either a genius or he`s the one who dictates the price movements Wink
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
September 13, 2016, 12:22:36 PM
Its pretty amazing how his EW predictions come to fruition, but why?  Why would this pattern apply in a seemingly random fairly large group of traders who dictate the price by their sentiment and actions??

Yes?
legendary
Activity: 1456
September 13, 2016, 11:51:07 AM
Its pretty amazing how his EW predictions come to fruition, but why?  Why would this pattern apply in a seemingly random fairly large group of traders who dictate the price by their sentiment and actions??
Activity: 509
Merit: 564
"In Us We Trust"
September 12, 2016, 07:50:23 PM
This past year's gradual bullish sentiment (and where I think we all know we're headed) got me to thinking of old times when Masterluc said this crazy thing, and it made a lot of people upset...

I thought the end will have more epic start. Third day in a row I wake up, see charts and ask myself "Is this the end?" and third day in a row answer is "Yes".

Had to dig it up... but I remember the exact comment when Masterluc became bearish, almost 3 years ago... 5 days after the ATH made on November 30th, 2013.

I remember because the next projected dates he said were so far away away, and at the time seemed so ridiculous...

Ah, of course thanks Satoshi and community, but I am still here =) Next entering point for me is in 2016-2017 year.

But if Masterluc was going to be proven right about the top (which he later was), then I suppose it wasn't such a crazy timeline...

This was followed by an epitaph of the historical first wave...

What exactly do you mean by 'end'? Value getting halved? double digits? pennies?
End of first historical bullish trend 2010-2013.

But it wasn't all bad.

Later on August 19th, 2015, Masterluc had become a bull again...

I analyzed situation and made conclusion. I will not close my long and decide buy every bottom since here. As you remember, I advice it since price reached 270-230 for first timever since ATH. Price is in this range so far with some short deviations.

Repeat half year old post ($230). Price is in safe multi year buy zone. From here to zero. Hehe.

And about 5 days later, the price bottomed out at $200...

and has not touched it since.

Masterluc has done lots of great short-term analysis in-between and since these posts, but I remember these comments being distinctly different as a shift in his long-term sentiment, and ultimately they stuck with me... especially when they were accurately reaffirmed everyday thereafter.

I just wanted to put this all together somewhere for posterity, because it really is quite an impressive series of long term calls. And I'm sure for a lot of us who have been here as long as Masterluc's thread has existed (and his old one too), we know these things... but I guess what I'm trying to say is...

Masterluc has a record of missing long-term high's and lows by roughly 5 days, give or take. So why are we even bothering to listen to this fool?

What a garbage thread.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Permabull Bitcoin Investor
September 12, 2016, 01:40:27 PM
We'd look at 900+ then right

I don't think that $900-999 is going to be a region that we spend much time in

me neither.

maybe the old ATH, but even the old ATH have never really been a problem to bitcoin.

usually once the bull run has started, it doesn't really stop at anything.

legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
September 12, 2016, 11:19:29 AM
fomo is the mofo.

fomo is the choochooo, mofo.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
September 10, 2016, 08:22:50 PM

me neither.

maybe the old ATH, but even the old ATH have never really been a problem to bitcoin.

fomo is the mofo.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
September 10, 2016, 06:08:43 PM

me neither.

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
September 10, 2016, 03:11:59 PM

In case of cup and handle or H&S, we'll look much above my friend  Grin

pro tip: look at the distance between the head and the potential neckline  Wink
Activity: 798
21 million. I want them all.
September 10, 2016, 02:57:07 PM