Author

Topic: Analysis - page 104. (Read 941567 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
November 01, 2016, 05:46:16 AM
Help us to see the light.

he did:

Repeat half year old post ($230). Price is in safe multi year buy zone.

just keep buying, you'll see the light Wink
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010
November 01, 2016, 05:39:50 AM
Master, we need you. Help us to see the light.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
October 29, 2016, 11:04:48 AM

lets see if we see that announced turnaround and subsequent transition into a triangle at $720
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000
October 16, 2016, 03:08:35 PM

PEOPLE PLEASE - this is Masterluc's T/A thread, let's not clutter it up.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
October 16, 2016, 04:00:32 AM
Yes Bitcoin and Metcalfe's value is one of the most interesting charts for me.
There had been a strong a correlation in the past between these two.
Right now Bitcoin's price would be highly undervalued!Let's hope for an upwards correction! Smiley

watch what happened when there is no more FUD about the blocksize.   

You'll see the bitcoin price correct itself in no time at all.

Thousands, if not millions of people have been watching at the sidelines for the debate to be resolved, but dare not invest in bitcoin while the future is uncertain.

As much as I dislike investing in alts, even I am tempted to switch over to alts, because right now, alts actually seem saver than bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
October 13, 2016, 05:34:31 AM
Yes Bitcoin and Metcalfe's value is one of the most interesting charts for me.
There had been a strong a correlation in the past between these two.
Right now Bitcoin's price would be highly undervalued!Let's hope for an upwards correction! Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
October 13, 2016, 05:15:53 AM
You'll never see 1000+ unless the artificial tps limit is lifted.

That is a bold statement. Quoted for posterity. Wink

Let me add another statement:

We'll see 1000+ almost instantly (let's say 3 weeks) once the tps limit is lifted substantially.
Fine, though yours is harder to verify. What if the price is already over 1000 when the limit is lifted? What does 'substantially' mean? Et cetera...

I always thought (and still do) that things like price, adoption and tps rate are only loosely (and sometimes even counter-intuitively) correlated, that is why I call these statements bold. Overly simplistic view.

who cares about your though on correlation ? give us the number, their not that hard to do (and probably already on internet, don't be that lazy when it's about money  Wink)
"Thought" in this context actually means I had argued about it (likely even here on this forum). I'm out of this blocksize/tps debate for a long time now, and I'd rather leave it that way.

After all, you requesting the number is the one lazy here Cheesy

There's a funny chart I once posted when Peter tRoll (or someone else) claimed 92% correlation between Bitcoin price and tx rate.

I wonder how Bitcoin even managed to break 1000 with 200Kb average blocksize! Must've been Willybot Sad

Jokes aside, the long-term correlation is now higher, which can be seen clearly.
https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin/historical/1w-p-blksize_per_tot-01071-tps-01071

But you can notice that Bitcoin has approached its practical tps limit in March 2016, and has been staying at it ever since, managing to process some 15% more tps, yet the price has risen from 400+ to 600+ which is a 50% increase.

Cheers for the graph, i'll try to get regression figures from that same data soon.

here is the most interesting correlation :
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
October 12, 2016, 07:49:59 PM

We'll see 1000+ almost instantly (let's say 3 weeks) once the tps limit is lifted substantially.
Fine, though yours is harder to verify. What if the price is already over 1000 when the limit is lifted? What does 'substantially' mean? Et cetera...

I always thought (and still do) that things like price, adoption and tps rate are only loosely (and sometimes even counter-intuitively) correlated, that is why I call these statements bold. Overly simplistic view.

who cares about your though on correlation ? give us the number, their not that hard to do (and probably already on internet, don't be that lazy when it's about money  Wink)
"Thought" in this context actually means I had argued about it (likely even here on this forum). I'm out of this blocksize/tps debate for a long time now, and I'd rather leave it that way.

After all, you requesting the number is the one lazy here Cheesy

There's a funny chart I once posted when Peter tRoll (or someone else) claimed 92% correlation between Bitcoin price and tx rate.

I wonder how Bitcoin even managed to break 1000 with 200Kb average blocksize! Must've been Willybot Sad

Jokes aside, the long-term correlation is now higher, which can be seen clearly.
https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin/historical/1w-p-blksize_per_tot-01071-tps-01071

But you can notice that Bitcoin has approached its practical tps limit in March 2016, and has been staying at it ever since, managing to process some 15% more tps, yet the price has risen from 400+ to 600+ which is a 50% increase.
Activity: 576
Merit: 503
October 12, 2016, 05:07:45 PM
^*

I admit, I've been guilty of off-topic posting in luc's thread(s) myself, but you guys are off-topicking in the worst way possible:

You're discussing fundamentals, shmundamentals in one of the best technical threads there is in here Cheesy

Ahh, sorry. I just popped in and saw something worth debunking.
Unaware of the history etc.
Will make every effort to remember to remain traderlike Smiley
Activity: 576
Merit: 503
October 12, 2016, 05:02:53 PM

the next bubble could be very high, the problem is the next bubble wil never come if we keep going on like this.

An opinion most people don't share. Got anything a little more compelling?

the blocksize debate that has been going on for so long and still is not resolved, and the centralization and censorship are slowly killing bitcoin, and people are moving on to altcoins because bitcoin just does not support increased capacity at the moment.

Fortunately block size limit seems to be unimportant so far, despite all the doom predicted.
'Resolved' means to your satisfaction, I guess. It seems resolved technically, to my satisfaction - no change for now, followed by a change when we can ALL agree on a hard fork some time in the future.

The lack of political resolution is the worst aspect, leading to some loss of confidence. Confidence will likely return when the fud stops. You can help there Smiley

the price won't magically rise without the transaction volume also rising.

C'mon. It does that all day every day. Look at the charts.

limit the transaction volume, limit the price and limit the amount of users. the remaining users will flee.

If you mean 'limit the onchain transaction volume', you might be right. Otherwise not.
Limit the price? Have you been looking at the charts???
'limit the amount of users'? I see only evidence that the number of users is increasing. It's anecdotal since there seems to be no better way. Do you have anything compelling to offer in support of your premise?

harrymmmm, you're an ignorant fool. zimmah's absolutely right. You'll never see 1000+ unless the artificial tps limit is lifted. Once it's increased to 2/4/8+ mb, you will see a huge boost in price. The tps limit causes low transaction volume, low adoption rate, thusly low price. Maybe you can't understand this due to your limited intellect, but to the smarter ones, this is so obvious.

I won't bother replying again to this moronic ad hominem., but you should realize that you've supplied nothing but your own opinions. No facts; not even a reasoned argument.
Your talk is really 'cheep'! Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
October 12, 2016, 01:43:24 PM

who cares about your though on correlation ? give us the number, their not that hard to do (and probably already on internet, don't be that lazy when it's about money  Wink)
legendary
October 12, 2016, 12:33:18 PM

donator
October 12, 2016, 04:19:28 AM

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 12, 2016, 04:02:50 AM
 what's more interesting to me is who will pay that price upto $10,000?  regular people? But what if they won't join/feed that steep uptrend?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
October 11, 2016, 09:07:06 PM
I read some technical price analysis and apparently experts predict that we will hit $1000 in January.

It seems that current market charts looks a lot like these from the Nov 2013 high.

We now see indications that the market is likely to continue to go higher and higher.

Is it truly the last stop before you can buy 'cheaper' bitcoin?

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
21 million. I want them all.
October 11, 2016, 06:56:13 PM
It would be nice if masterluc updates his prediction  Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16137546

Looks like we're ready for B.

up to 700 we go
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 11, 2016, 07:10:32 AM
It would be nice if masterluc updates his prediction  Wink
legendary
October 11, 2016, 06:38:01 AM

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
October 11, 2016, 05:59:14 AM
^*

I admit, I've been guilty of off-topic posting in luc's thread(s) myself, but you guys are off-topicking in the worst way possible:

You're discussing fundamentals, shmundamentals in one of the best technical threads there is in here :D
donator
October 11, 2016, 02:07:46 AM
Fortunately block size limit seems to be unimportant so far, despite all the doom predicted.

Just because you don't want to see it, doesn't mean there's no effect.
Jump to: