Author

Topic: Analysis - page 145. (Read 941567 times)

Activity: 283
Merit: 250
October 06, 2015, 01:17:08 PM
I will consider escape from range lock when price break up range lock  Grin I have no PC around, this is upper line of horizontal trend posted here many times. It's around $320

So until there I do yawn

Thanks.

What are the odds for us breaking 320 in the current rally, you'd say?

Is there anything you can say about a timeframe on that happening (if ever).

Also, any target for this pump? Will it be another classic buy the rumour, buy the news, sell the launch?
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
October 06, 2015, 10:56:42 AM
That's what I figured, I was just hoping maybe something changed recently I hadn't noticed. I need to stop being impatient Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
October 06, 2015, 10:19:49 AM
I will consider escape from range lock when price break up range lock  Grin I have no PC around, this is upper line of horizontal trend posted here many times. It's around $320

So until there I do yawn
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
October 06, 2015, 09:16:11 AM
Thanks for all you do Luc. Question- At what price breakout would you consider us out of the sideways/silence phase?
Activity: 564
Merit: 508
October 05, 2015, 10:19:36 AM
Can you guys please refrain from spamming this thread with non-speculation related posts.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
October 04, 2015, 12:39:12 PM
Can you guys please refrain from spamming this thread with non-speculation related posts.
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010
October 02, 2015, 05:13:20 AM
bitcoin.com has a forum now. Can we pls move this thread over there? This thread is the only reason I visit this site now.
https://forum.bitcoin.com/speculation-f43/

I can't believe Roger "liquidity doesn't imply solvency" Ver still has this of a dedicated flock.

Have you guys no self awareness?

And one of the first thing those little XT whiners do is doxing theymos:

https://forum.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-discussion/dox-of-theymos-michael-marquardt-blockchain-db-com-t572.html#p1502

Lol. You trying to frame theymos as a victim is hilarious.

butthurt sheeps.
Dude it's you who is bringing that subject.

Classy.
butthurt sheeps.
Cheesy

Can you be more of a clown than that? More etiquette lessons from you please!
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010
October 02, 2015, 05:09:59 AM
bitcoin.com has a forum now. Can we pls move this thread over there? This thread is the only reason I visit this site now.

I can't believe Roger "liquidity doesn't imply solvency" Ver still has this of a dedicated flock.

And one of the first thing those little XT whiners do is doxing theymos:

https://forum.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-discussion/dox-of-theymos-michael-marquardt-blockchain-db-com-t572.html#p1502

Classy.
Lol. You trying to frame theymos as a victim is hilarious.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
October 02, 2015, 04:59:31 AM

legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
October 02, 2015, 04:40:05 AM
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 30, 2015, 09:16:25 AM
Old topic closed. lucif nickname rebranded. Analysis reloaded.

Determining trend.... Mid term trend is undefined. Market makes decision, and if you are looking for trading advise - here is it: Stay away from trading now, keep your funds in most comfortable position for you - fiat or btc.

The last figure I drew was this potential triangle.

It wont end because it is needed by the the investors and also to the ones who is not yet investing.
Activity: 224
September 30, 2015, 08:59:50 AM
Old topic closed. lucif nickname rebranded. Analysis reloaded.

Determining trend.... Mid term trend is undefined. Market makes decision, and if you are looking for trading advise - here is it: Stay away from trading now, keep your funds in most comfortable position for you - fiat or btc.

The last figure I drew was this potential triangle.

Should never end many people have put there hopes in it.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Permabull Bitcoin Investor
September 30, 2015, 07:42:41 AM
Silence phase goes well so far

What do you expect next brother ?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
September 30, 2015, 07:16:34 AM
Silence phase goes well so far
Activity: 144
September 27, 2015, 12:49:08 PM
wow  Shocked SPAM mode is again ON on this tread
please open your own treads and post stupid post & graphics there ......not here
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
September 26, 2015, 05:45:34 AM
^ Yes, that was my idea. Guess I interpreted the post I replied to a bit loosely... Sorry for the misunderstanding :)
legendary
Activity: 1615
September 26, 2015, 03:27:05 AM
Oda.krell: I seem to have misunderstood your post. You were talking about taking a position after a breakout? I was talking about taking a position in anticipation of a breakou or breakdown, no knowing which way it will go. That was what the post you first replied to seemed to be about.
legendary
September 24, 2015, 06:53:38 AM
Oda.krell: worst case would be the same as always: a market move in the wrong direction, fast enough to either mess up the trading engine on whatever rinky-dink service you trade on, leaving your stops unexecuted or at least exexcuted well beyond their set price.

That's the thing about betting on fast big moves - when those happen,  the exchanges have a tendency to become unreliable.

You're completely skipping over the distinction I wanted to make, between 'worst case, in general' and 'worst case that is likely after breakout, in a sideways market', but okay...

Agreed that somewhere around [yellow box] or [orange box] was, approximately, the last time many traders would have concluded we have a breakdown?

That's more or less the scenario I'm describing above. Breakdown, on decent volume, followed by a bit of a disappointing 'fizzle'. And the difference between exiting with a profit or exiting with a loss is kind of narrow, but there's not much of a wipe out risk either.

If your point is that, in principle, you can always be wiped out in margin trading, the answer is: sure. Always a possible. But my point was, under the current (comparably docile) market conditions, a big swing in the opposite direction of a breakout seems less likely, reducing the risk to be wiped out.
legendary
Activity: 1615
September 24, 2015, 06:20:35 AM
Oda.krell: worst case would be the same as always: a market move in the wrong direction, fast enough to either mess up the trading engine on whatever rinky-dink service you trade on, leaving your stops unexecuted or at least exexcuted well beyond their set price.

That's the thing about betting on fast big moves - when those happen,  the exchanges have a tendency to become unreliable.
legendary
September 24, 2015, 06:04:29 AM
[...]

Always amazes me to see people risking so much with the market direction so unclear.

Don't think that's entirely true. What's the worst, still likely scenarios for your leveraged position after a breakout/down in the current market? A rapid move in the opposite direction is unlikely if you entered on a volume supported breakout (and you have stops for the worst worst case anyway). So the worst likely case would be... that nothing much happens. As in, no decent move in any direction, but just more sideways (which, right now, I think is the most likely scenario anyway). Sure, if you don't time it right that could hurt your position, but not hugely so. If you compare it against the potential payoff in case the move doesn't fizzle, it might be worth it.

tl;dr Leveraged position, after a breakout, in a sideways market doesn't seem to be such a huge risk.

Disclaimer: I don't use leverage in my regular trading. Take the above with a large grain of salt ^_^
Jump to: