Author

Topic: Analysis - page 165. (Read 941567 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
August 19, 2015, 01:29:53 PM
I analyzed situation and made conclusion. I will not close my long and decide buy every bottom since here. As you remember, I advice it since price reached 270-230 for first timever since ATH. Price is in this range so far with some short deviations.

Of course, hard fork is very terrible, but eventually healthy event. Coins stored before fork (no fork yet!) are safe.

Update. Forgot to say, my advices not for leverage trading. I trade naturally 1:1.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2015, 12:49:28 PM
This really does look ugly. I don't see how anyone could expect higher prices right now. COnsidering all that is going on in bitcoinland, i'd say we have enough to say that lower prices are more probable than higher prices at this point. If i had to give a figure, say 65%.

I am a regular reader of forums here (bitcointalk) and bitcoinmarkets on reddit and can comfortably say, sentiment has turned since the times of Greece when everyone was yelling moon. Now, i would characterize it as ambivalence with uncertainty on what will happen next. The kind of ambivalence that required a breach of maajor support level to shift to full mode bearish. That level, i suspect is $200. That is the level to watch now as we drag gradually towards it.

Even ranges never last long (200 -300) and at some point a decision will have to be made. It is my opinion that we are drawing nearer to that decision point.

You're missing a key factor surrounding the overall sentiment.

People don't yell "THE SKY IS FALLING" and mean it before they first sold.

"Be greedy when others are fearful." - Warren Buffett

Being greedy when others just start being fearful is going to get you bull trapped, or even rekt if you try to catch a falling knife with a leveraged limit.
That's why I moved my funds from trading to exchange, so I can buy this local bottom (should test again in 3-4 days) without such risk.

After the Silk Road panic there was no secondary test, just a brief higher low. Consider at which  point of the price cycle this is happening.

The volume signature of this crash is low when compared to January. That would indicate there's not much more supply below $200 to be had--a classic shakeout/bear trap to end accumulation.

History doesn't repeat itself. This would not happen again exactly for this reason. Can we stop comparing what happened previously and expect the same/similar to happen? It is a different market with different variables now.

"The volume signature of this crash is low when compared to January. That would indicate there's not much more supply below $200 to be had--a classic shakeout/bear trap to end accumulation."

debatable. crash happened too fast ie flash. A gradual grind to sub- 200 would exhibit different market behaviour IMO

A lot of people will disagree with you.

If you study historical charts of stocks, bonds and commodities they exhibit randomness, yes, but the structures do repeat and are always from the same playbook--a playbook of how humans react to price action. The fact that this doesn't change is why markets peak and crash similarly over and over again throughout history. The names and players may change, but the principles of speculation do not.

What happened a year or a month ago is absolutely critical in determining the future trend, because those trends set up a supply and demand imbalance. So on every timescale, each wave in the market sets up the next wave--ignoring the past is ridiculous.

A slow grind to $200 or below won't happen unless there are sellers to bring it there. That $3 million short on Finex won't happen again, and he may cover at some point. Scary, climactic action, even if a flash crash (and especially one near the end of a trough accumulation zone) has the effect of removing most of the sellers and remaining weak hands from the market. What kind of move do you think this sets up the market for?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
August 19, 2015, 12:16:34 PM
This really does look ugly. I don't see how anyone could expect higher prices right now. COnsidering all that is going on in bitcoinland, i'd say we have enough to say that lower prices are more probable than higher prices at this point. If i had to give a figure, say 65%.

I am a regular reader of forums here (bitcointalk) and bitcoinmarkets on reddit and can comfortably say, sentiment has turned since the times of Greece when everyone was yelling moon. Now, i would characterize it as ambivalence with uncertainty on what will happen next. The kind of ambivalence that required a breach of maajor support level to shift to full mode bearish. That level, i suspect is $200. That is the level to watch now as we drag gradually towards it.

Even ranges never last long (200 -300) and at some point a decision will have to be made. It is my opinion that we are drawing nearer to that decision point.

Being greedy when others just start being fearful is going to get you bull trapped, or even rekt if you try to catch a falling knife with a leveraged limit.
That's why I moved my funds from trading to exchange, so I can buy this local bottom (should test again in 3-4 days) without such risk.

After the Silk Road panic there was no secondary test, just a brief higher low. Consider at which  point of the price cycle this is happening.

The volume signature of this crash is low when compared to January. That would indicate there's not much more supply below $200 to be had--a classic shakeout/bear trap to end accumulation.

History doesn't repeat itself. This would not happen again exactly for this reason. Can we stop comparing what happened previously and expect the same/similar to happen? It is a different market with different variables now.

"The volume signature of this crash is low when compared to January. That would indicate there's not much more supply below $200 to be had--a classic shakeout/bear trap to end accumulation."

debatable. crash happened too fast ie flash. A gradual grind to sub- 200 would exhibit different market behaviour IMO
August 19, 2015, 12:09:51 PM

legendary
Activity: 1092
August 19, 2015, 11:53:17 AM
Due to this flash crash, what I am certain of is that the price will be bouncing up and down for at least three times. I will wait for the top of the wave so that I can begin the short.
Activity: 509
Merit: 564
"In Us We Trust"
August 19, 2015, 11:52:28 AM
Bitcoin has been fairly cycle-ish and range-bound since the beginning of the year.  

IMHO we are at an inflection point.  The above is more likely in my opinion.  However, these two crash fractals look eerily similar:

The fork fears are overblown IMO.  I predict we will see >1mb blocks quietly begin to appear in January.  If the currently month-long+ downtrend breaks over the next week or so, we could head higher.  

+1 really liked this analysis, mate!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
August 19, 2015, 11:01:51 AM

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 19, 2015, 11:00:51 AM

Warren Buffett also doesnt speculate, and we all know Bitcoin is a speculative investment at this point in time.

Isn't Warren Buffett the guy who specifically told us to stay away from Bitcoin?  Because "it's a mirage"?

Since when is warren buffet's best interests your best interests?

I don't believe warren gives a damn about warning people about bad or good investments.

Warren buffet is the guy who sold millions of ounces of silver in the $5-$7 range before it went to $50 an ounce.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
August 19, 2015, 10:49:13 AM

Warren Buffett also doesnt speculate, and we all know Bitcoin is a speculative investment at this point in time.

Isn't Warren Buffett the guy who specifically told us to stay away from Bitcoin?  Because "it's a mirage"?
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
August 19, 2015, 10:40:45 AM

August 19, 2015, 10:39:12 AM

You registered at the top of the November 2013 bubble. I think you've seen despair after that unraveling.  

Also, there's no rule that says there has to be x amount of palpable weeping and wailing for capitulation. If the selling climax is of big enough volume, supply and demand take care of the rest.
grv
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
August 19, 2015, 07:48:57 AM

That is what i'm saying, fear has yet to kick in. Looking round, there are still enough traders who are hopeful, so panic hasn't set in proper. Meaning, the price isn't right as yet.

please Roll Eyes

same shit like in 2013 with silk road "crash"
manipulation before major bullrun
legendary
August 19, 2015, 07:34:11 AM

That is what i'm saying, fear has yet to kick in. Looking round, there are still enough traders who are hopeful, so panic hasn't set in proper. Meaning, the price isn't right as yet.

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
August 19, 2015, 07:28:49 AM

legendary
August 19, 2015, 07:20:08 AM

legendary
Activity: 1011
Merit: 1006
August 19, 2015, 06:16:57 AM
I remember your mistaken bear position about bitcoin masterluc, just before the btcusd pushoff on winter 2013...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
August 19, 2015, 06:15:32 AM
Hm...

Worst Historical III ever

/comic book guy
legendary
August 19, 2015, 06:09:01 AM
It is a bottom of downtrend and daily adx >50 - bad place for forced liquidation at least  Grin However I beleive in weekly 200 sma.

Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
August 19, 2015, 06:01:34 AM
Okay, thank you. I'm long too but it is starting to feel somewhat uncomfortable.
Good to know that you are with us. Wink
legendary
August 19, 2015, 05:45:10 AM
My position is long 90% BTC and 10% LTC (hardfork was in my mind) since Bitcoin broke downtrend ($240).
Jump to: