Author

Topic: Analysis - page 167. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
August 18, 2015, 07:08:38 PM
We're at $255 now... If we break $245 then we're going to $220... then $200 by September, etc...

I don't like the technicals or the fundamentals, not just Bitcoin, but the overall global market.

I don't think we can focus on just how Bitcoin is going to do over the next few months, because I think the outside market will place more pressures on BTC price, like safety to dollar, than the internal pressures of Bitcoin, like this maxblocksize, XT debate.

There is no correlation between btc price and stock price, currency prices or precious metal prices. The graphs show none, despite the on going attempts of people to try to draw parallels.

think bigger. think deeper. think next worldwide financial disaster.

yeah ok.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
August 18, 2015, 07:01:26 PM
We're at $255 now... If we break $245 then we're going to $220... then $200 by September, etc...

I don't like the technicals or the fundamentals, not just Bitcoin, but the overall global market.

I don't think we can focus on just how Bitcoin is going to do over the next few months, because I think the outside market will place more pressures on BTC price, like safety to dollar, than the internal pressures of Bitcoin, like this maxblocksize, XT debate.

There is no correlation between btc price and stock price, currency prices or precious metal prices. The graphs show none, despite the on going attempts of people to try to draw parallels.

think bigger. think deeper. think next worldwide financial disaster.
legendary
Merit: 1070
August 18, 2015, 06:59:11 PM

legendary
Merit: 1094
August 18, 2015, 03:26:26 PM
The market needs to test a bottom on high volume, similar to the one in April. Then we can go up a bit, before starting another capitulation.
Activity: 509
Merit: 564
"In Us We Trust"
August 18, 2015, 03:15:07 PM

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
August 18, 2015, 12:53:33 PM
Considering we slid past the strong support @ 255 I too humbly summon The Master. Are we going sub 200 again? was the 150ish in January not the bottom? Could this xt/fork thing make bitcoin into a so-called "shitcoin"?(Lucs words, but I mean a loosing altcoin, per Satoshis thoughts on competing blockchains, i.e they will lose to the biggest chain)
So many questions, so few crystal ball.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
August 18, 2015, 05:35:46 AM
Good luck trading on feelings.

Believe it or not, there are risk vs reward calculations and entry and exit points behind my strategy. I'm trading on a combination of TA, sentiment and experience with how the Bitcoin market works.

You can't rule out feelings. Supply and demand is greatly influenced by feelings.

But I don't want to hijack the Master's thread so I'll stop there Smiley

i think this is right. you cant only rely on technical analysis, and especially in immature markets.

also, i'd like to summon the master, if he could give us a hint of his view short term wise that would be highly appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
August 18, 2015, 05:32:15 AM

Believe it or not, there are risk vs reward calculations and entry and exit points behind my strategy. I'm trading on a combination of TA, sentiment and experience with how the Bitcoin market works.

You can't rule out feelings. Supply and demand is greatly influenced by feelings.

But I don't want to hijack the Master's thread so I'll stop there Smiley
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
August 18, 2015, 04:53:30 AM
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
August 18, 2015, 04:48:19 AM
I just sold half my btc holdings for gold on Vaultoro.
I have a strong feeling we're about to drop quite a bit. Then we are likely to trade sideways in the 200-300 range for a time. ( probably until close to the halving )

Why are we dropping ? We haven't reached rock bottom yet. I think Luc was wrong and we are still in a downtrend. It looked hopeful, but it was a mistake.

I feel a real panic building in the community though, as the rift between XT and Core grows wider and "we" become more devided.
When we have dropped so much that there's "blood on the street" and media starts reporting that Bitcoin is dead....

THAT's when we're ready for a real sustained move upwards again.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
August 18, 2015, 04:02:46 AM
There will be no fork,relax.Chinese pools,around 50% of network,already said "NO" to XT---->no fork
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
August 18, 2015, 12:02:02 AM
Bitcoin has been fairly cycle-ish and range-bound since the beginning of the year.  

IMHO we are at an inflection point.  The above is more likely in my opinion.  However, these two crash fractals look eerily similar:

The fork fears are overblown IMO.  I predict we will see >1mb blocks quietly begin to appear in January.  If the currently month-long+ downtrend breaks over the next week or so, we could head higher.  
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 17, 2015, 03:18:32 PM
I see bitcoin price stagnate or drop in the near term (few months).

Lots of volatility between now and when the possible fork resolves itself.
Activity: 201
August 17, 2015, 03:11:14 PM
Bitcoin is looking Bearish short term, like within months.  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
August 17, 2015, 03:06:07 PM
No sideways movement when such FUD starts going round

Matonis: If Bitcoin XT Succeeds You Can Kiss 21 Million Cap Goodbye

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102070.60
Activity: 144
August 17, 2015, 02:01:23 PM
The current support at $255 doesn't seem so strong to me. Even the support at $200 seems weak under the circumstances.

Do you think $10 is strong support for this situation ? 
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2015, 01:46:43 PM

These squabbles and the uncertainty have likely already been priced in for a while.

I'm not so sure about that... I think there's more movement from this to come as developer's plans become clearer.

This fight isn't nearly close to being over yet.

Agree on the latter part, but it may just result in more lack of movement as people sit on the sidelines and watch. The silent phase ...

It seems like there has been lack of movement for so long, whats another year Sad
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2015, 12:23:59 PM

These squabbles and the uncertainty have likely already been priced in for a while.

I'm not so sure about that... I think there's more movement from this to come as developer's plans become clearer.

Agree on the latter part, but it may just result in more lack of movement as people sit on the sidelines and watch. The silent phase ...
Activity: 280
August 17, 2015, 11:40:01 AM
With the prospect of a hard fork and this lack of consensus around MBS, I think it's safe to say that we will see a lot of negative price pressure from people going to safety... at least until there's a clear winner. I for one do not want to be heavily invested while this goes on, but the volatility could make for good trading.

With this in mind, the current support at $255 doesn't seem so strong to me. Even the support at $200 seems weak under the circumstances.

Well, I guess that's gonna end soon
Activity: 509
Merit: 564
"In Us We Trust"
August 17, 2015, 11:13:43 AM
With the prospect of a hard fork and this lack of consensus around MBS, I think it's safe to say that we will see a lot of negative price pressure from people going to safety... at least until there's a clear winner. I for one do not want to be heavily invested while this goes on, but the volatility could make for good trading.

With this in mind, the current support at $255 doesn't seem so strong to me. Even the support at $200 seems weak under the circumstances.

Jump to: