Author

Topic: Analysis - page 170. (Read 941563 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 06, 2015, 11:50:02 AM

So it's not a cup&handle anymore?

It's a cup with a triangular handle  Grin
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
August 06, 2015, 11:05:33 AM
Its a triangle. Triangle usually leads to trend continuation

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001
August 06, 2015, 10:34:01 AM
sideways to the death,may be we can come back a few more years and the price is still  under $300
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
August 03, 2015, 04:25:40 AM
Now it starts to look like a bullish pennant.

how it is so!
zby
legendary
Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001
August 03, 2015, 02:29:18 AM
Now it starts to look like a bullish pennant.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
August 02, 2015, 11:28:11 PM
20 days and/or more than 50% of cup only may harm bullish c&h figure.

Long term downtrend has been broken - that is my main point. Even if c&h will fail, I think we may see only prolonged sideways action what I call silence phase.

Only move below 210 may seriously harm bullish outlook. Weekly picture is pretty bullish so far. Or at least it is not bearish.

How did you arrive at the 210 figure Luc? I thought closing and staying below the weekly 20sma (around 250 now) would start the long term bear, at least from what I remember of waveaddict's analysis

That was the consolidation lows (Higher low) after the initial spike to $315 off the bottom. So while we are making higher lows and higher highs, he remains bullish.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
August 02, 2015, 08:41:36 PM
 [/quote]
In a perfect market price is the summation of all variables and fundamentals. Price failure is for the most part a reflection of conditions on the market reflecting either redundancy or technological failure.....and sometimes in bubbles that singular critical moment when the penny drops. But just because a trend line is penetrated does it mean that the future is set in stone either, aberrations in market pricing can and do happen regularly.
[/quote]

I like this.

i disagree with people who say the price of bitcoin is irrelevant. Or as a separate from 'Bitcoin development' We who trade bitcoin markets are a crucial piece of Bitcoin. At times they call us 'speculators'
[/quote]

I think traders (speculators) are most of the price of bitcoin or rather the price of bitcoin above say $50+/-$30?. the price of bitcoin has not yet (and may never) established some store of value. gold has ie it is $1000 +/- $300 over say 5 years

speculators chased the price of bitcoin to over $1000 on a willy bot not any fundementals.

same with now - several traders are moving the price around in the $200-$300 so any fundamental effect downward eg from lack of new demand or upward from pending etf etc cannot be seen even if it was occurring.
Han
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
August 02, 2015, 08:25:11 PM

Long term downtrend has been broken - that is my main point. Even if c&h will fail, I think we may see only prolonged sideways action what I call silence phase.

Only move below 210 may seriously harm bullish outlook. Weekly picture is pretty bullish so far. Or at least it is not bearish.

How did you arrive at the 210 figure Luc? I thought closing and staying below the weekly 20sma (around 250 now) would start the long term bear, at least from what I remember of waveaddict's analysis
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
August 02, 2015, 07:44:15 PM
...buy

always.

sell when halving append.  Grin
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
August 02, 2015, 06:18:42 PM
Dsma 200 is now pointing upward,  been a while though

Really nice observation. Smiley

Since this is my 1000th post I have to do a price prediction;
I'll just put we'll comfortably break $290 again this week. And we'll see $400 within 2015.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
August 02, 2015, 06:06:20 PM
Dsma 200 is now pointing upward,  been a while though
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
August 02, 2015, 02:29:09 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

What should be noted as well: closing above dsma200+50, for a month by now, first time in a long while. Let's see if we stay there.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
August 02, 2015, 02:19:12 PM
No changes in my bullish bias. I remind you I analyze in mid-long term (months, years).

luc,what event will change your bias/if happen ? Going back below 200 day Ema,below log downtrend  or something else ?  
Thanks

mid-long term means what it means.

even if we dip sub 200 this would not affect overall trendline. or else bitcoin "fails".

how does bitcoin price have anything to do with bitcoin failure? Failure only will be because of a better alternative or because of a technological flaw.

In a perfect market price is the summation of all variables and fundamentals. Price failure is for the most part a reflection of conditions on the market reflecting either redundancy or technological failure.....and sometimes in bubbles that singular critical moment when the penny drops. But just because a trend line is penetrated does it mean that the future is set in stone either, aberrations in market pricing can and do happen regularly.

I like this.

i disagree with people who say the price of bitcoin is irrelevant. Or as a separate from 'Bitcoin development' We who trade bitcoin markets are a crucial piece of Bitcoin. At times they call us 'speculators'
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
August 02, 2015, 01:30:24 PM

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
August 02, 2015, 01:28:39 PM
No changes in my bullish bias. I remind you I analyze in mid-long term (months, years).

luc,what event will change your bias/if happen ? Going back below 200 day Ema,below log downtrend  or something else ?  
Thanks

He answered that a while ago, iirc: < 50% of the current swing (so, below ~265 USD), or correction extending too long in time ("more than 20 days") ... to that latter condition, we're actually getting pretty close to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those conditions were being applied to the cup and handle scenario. I don't think not meeting those conditions would necessarily effect his mid-long term bullish bias.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
August 02, 2015, 12:08:10 PM

Thanks

He answered that a while ago, iirc: < 50% of the current swing (so, below ~265 USD), or correction extending too long in time ("more than 20 days") ... to that latter condition, we're actually getting pretty close to.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
August 02, 2015, 11:34:26 AM

Thanks

even if we dip sub 200 this would not affect overall trendline. or else bitcoin "fails".

how does bitcoin price have anything to do with bitcoin failure? Failure only will be because of a better alternative or because of a technological flaw.

legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
August 02, 2015, 12:35:53 AM

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
August 01, 2015, 09:54:02 PM

Thanks

Activity: 144
Merit: 100
August 01, 2015, 03:19:12 PM

Thanks
Jump to: