Author

Topic: Analysis - page 231. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
October 28, 2014, 07:34:41 PM
Weaker hands than the guy who sells 30k BTC at the bottom of a downtrend on one exchange via a single ask? I can't even imagine those hands, they must be long dead. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Wouldn't it be something if it was found out to be a self running bot created by someone who died? It would be a dump routine if no input is made, it finds a price and dumps. It might be safer than leaving the account in a will.

anyone think that 30k dump is caused by bitpay ? I guess some guy bought a luxury villa in manhattan  Roll Eyes

No, it was placed immediately after it fell below 300, similar to the manipulation tactics of old. If it was bitpay, it wouldnt have been a round number and it also wouldnt have taken the form of a wall, but rather a massive dump. Are you sure that the bitcoin was converted for the villa?

No, it wasn't placed after it hit 300 but that wall was actually dump to $300 and seller already sold 3-5k with that dump. Then more sellers and stop losses came and pushed price even lower. That wall managed to reach sub $300 price, becacause above $300 were nice walls before dump. Just saying, maybe everything was manipulation... probably.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
October 28, 2014, 12:34:59 PM
Weaker hands than the guy who sells 30k BTC at the bottom of a downtrend on one exchange via a single ask? I can't even imagine those hands, they must be long dead. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Wouldn't it be something if it was found out to be a self running bot created by someone who died? It would be a dump routine if no input is made, it finds a price and dumps. It might be safer than leaving the account in a will.

anyone think that 30k dump is caused by bitpay ? I guess some guy bought a luxury villa in manhattan  Roll Eyes

No, it was placed immediately after it fell below 300, similar to the manipulation tactics of old. If it was bitpay, it wouldnt have been a round number and it also wouldnt have taken the form of a wall, but rather a massive dump. Are you sure that the bitcoin was converted for the villa?
Activity: 642
Merit: 500
Evolution is the only way to survive
October 28, 2014, 10:44:54 AM

anyone think that 30k dump is caused by bitpay ? I guess some guy bought a luxury villa in manhattan  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
October 28, 2014, 10:15:44 AM
A comparison of the October 2011 chart with the current one tells me that the bulls should test
and break the 420$ resistance about the 5th - 6th November, in order to assure that 275$ was THE bottom.
Failure to do so would increase the chances for the bearish scenario, in which 275$ won't hold and my
current best guesstimate would be about 180$ (don't ask why, multiple reasons, including a gut feeling).

donator
Activity: 853
October 27, 2014, 08:54:11 PM
I don't know the future, but I do know the past (obviously, he sold at the very least into a local bottom), and we can infer that this person had no experience in trading given that he decided to sell everything at one single exchange (Bitstamp had a large price differential to the other exchanges) and the way he did it.

This is true
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 27, 2014, 06:09:46 AM
Bitcoin had a nice rally from 300 to 400 but now we are back to what it has been doing best since January a continuation of it's decline.

Currently 340 acts as a base of support while 360 seems to have settled for resistance at least on one exchange Bitstamp. I see this declining in the coming weeks because the market failed to sustain 400 while only a weak attempt at 420 was made. Keep an eye out on the 340 base if this gets taken out and we hold under this I see 250 coming within weeks or a month.

The issue here is a matter of volume the market doesn't have enough to sustain and hold any decent rallies as traders look to take profit. In the good old days traders would simply buy and sell Bitcoins to one another now however traders could care less if Bitcoin rises or falls because money can be made on either side of the trade with short selling.

796, okcoin futures, Bitfinex just to name a few have now made it profitable for traders to be bearish on Bitcoin. You need to take note that in a futures market with high liquidity it has a bearing on the price of an underlying asset in this case Bitcoin so this could have an impact on the market price.

The current Bearish sentiment is 250/190 and if a miracle in bullish volume were to happen 420.  The weekly s1 pivot is 340 and the r1 is 380, we have now done the 50% retracement so where traders decide to go next will be interesting in the coming days.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
October 26, 2014, 06:07:54 PM

You never know - if Bitcoin falls an additionally from here and he buys them back cheaper, he's going to look like he has smart hands.

Don't assume you know the future.
I don't know the future, but I do know the past (obviously, he sold at the very least into a local bottom), and we can infer that this person had no experience in trading given that he decided to sell everything at one single exchange (Bitstamp had a large price differential to the other exchanges) and the way he did it.
donator
October 26, 2014, 05:55:02 PM

You never know - if Bitcoin falls an additionally from here and he buys them back cheaper, he's going to look like he has smart hands.

Don't assume you know the future.
donator
Activity: 1736
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
October 26, 2014, 02:55:04 PM
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 26, 2014, 02:25:11 PM
As savers, investors or speculators, ALL we need to know is shown on http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Select BTC vs. USD or BTC vs. XAU (gold), and you get the chart plots.  If you go to the Historical Rates tab, you can create custom charts.

The point is, "There's money in them there Bitcoin hills!"  In fact, BTC kicked Gold's ass.  Big Time!!!*  Which is why I'm re-balancing my portfolio to start buying BTC (after next Dip).
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
October 26, 2014, 01:43:42 PM
For those who believe in the bearish scenario (which would be invalidated by a strong break of 420$ resistance), here is a possible unfolding,
a "replay" of the August drop, only taking about 6 times longer, that's why I used 1h for August and 6h for current charts (current chart may need to be extended).

legendary
Activity: 1050
October 26, 2014, 11:43:44 AM
After about 4 days this band will start to collapse, so we may still see a sideways movings within 3-6 days.

-snip-

Daily bands started to contract. Further direction resolution is near, bullish count harmed much.

Uh oh, not good. Sadly I am in BTC, maybe will have to pour real money in now; will certainly do that if it drops below $300.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
October 25, 2014, 12:03:07 PM
legendary
Activity: 938
chaos is fun...…damental :)
October 25, 2014, 11:57:56 AM

Daily bands started to contract. Further direction resolution is near, bullish count harmed much.
the 30k sell on bearstamp is likely to be in weaker hands so there is plenty of ammo to turn daily volume red

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
October 24, 2014, 11:57:43 PM
After about 4 days this band will start to collapse, so we may still see a sideways movings within 3-6 days.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
October 24, 2014, 06:19:29 PM
Masters 17months bear market well under way.
legendary
Activity: 1291
October 24, 2014, 05:32:00 PM
The bear market is well underway but damn I can't wait for a *real* crash to start. I thought maybe it would happen in October but I still haven't gotten the right setup yet. Maybe November or December now. We shall see.
Wasn't the original expectation for this sometime in 2010 or 2011?
donator
October 24, 2014, 02:20:33 PM
The bear market is well underway but damn I can't wait for a *real* crash to start. I thought maybe it would happen in October but I still haven't gotten the right setup yet. Maybe November or December now. We shall see.
donator
Activity: 1736
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
October 24, 2014, 06:02:09 AM
Wake me up when Bitcoin is in a multi trillion deficit, then maybe economists will take it seriously.   Cheesy
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
October 24, 2014, 01:04:10 AM
Waiting for collapse of daily bb to resolve further direction.

well?
Jump to: