Author

Topic: Analysis - page 309. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
December 05, 2013, 07:52:37 AM
No bitcoiner with half a brain gives a shit about what the authorities say about BTC. Speculators are just selling to buy back lower.

Bitcoin was *designed* to be illegal, and to be resilient to authorities actions.

Keep 'em coming Wink

For someone as informed as you (and you usually are), that's a pretty shallow statement. Bitcoin is in many way not "designed to be illegal".

Sure, it gives you (more or less) complete freedom to transfer wealth *to whoemever you want to, whenever you want to* (which includes illegal activity), but it also gives government agencies the ability to track you down and punish you (e.g. through the fiat/BTC link via exchanges).

Just to see how hard it is to stay fully anonymous, look at the sheepmarket thief/ves being chased through half the ecosystem's tumblers Tongue (but you know all of this).

So in summary: you can do illegal stuff with BTC, sure. But it's far from certain you will *get away with it*, which dampens the freedom part quite a bit.

Its clear in Satoshi's early work that the final purpose of this experiment is to replace "dishonest" fiat money. He already knew that if BTC was to replace government-issued currency, banning and harsh fight would happen - this is why he created a system resilient to any kind of banning, and that's why he chose to be anonymous (and he "chickened out" hard when Wikileaks accepted BTC donations, he thought BTC was not ready yet for that kind of attention - he was mistaken).

Summing up: Bitcoin was never intended to be an "investment" or a "virtual commodity" - it was meant to be an potentially world-changing experiment that could disrupt the world current power balances.

Real bitcoiners know this. Real bitcoiners know that the final purpose is not to exchange BTC->fiat, but BTC->goods+services.

Real bitcoiners know that a "bitcoin ban" is not only *expected*, but it is also *needed*. Firstly and foremost, because BTC has YET to prove it is resilient, and that's a final proof. Secondly, because it will just mean that Bitcoin is going in the direction it was designed to go.

This "scare tactics" just shake out weak hands that see in BTC just a way of making a quick (fiat) buck. I know that most of the old timers wouldn't dump their coins if there is a global ban - would you?
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
December 05, 2013, 07:37:53 AM
Does this look like Bitcoin cares about Bearish wedges?

Yes =) Looks like this one got a shot.

I think that the Chinese authorities just played with us this time - they are testing how much control they can have over bitcoin. And they chose a point where a correction was easy to cause.
I agree, I doubt it's a coincidence they did this in a bearish wedge + double top.

Maybe some higher-up Chinese is a prospective whale, looking to buy in low. Doesn't make sense that they'd do it just to fuck shit up.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
December 05, 2013, 07:24:46 AM
No bitcoiner with half a brain gives a shit about what the authorities say about BTC. Speculators are just selling to buy back lower.

Bitcoin was *designed* to be illegal, and to be resilient to authorities actions.

Keep 'em coming ;)

For someone as informed as you (and you usually are), that's a pretty shallow statement. Bitcoin is in many way not "designed to be illegal".

Sure, it gives you (more or less) complete freedom to transfer wealth *to whoemever you want to, whenever you want to* (which includes illegal activity), but it also gives government agencies the ability to track you down and punish you (e.g. through the fiat/BTC link via exchanges).

Just to see how hard it is to stay fully anonymous, look at the sheepmarket thief/ves being chased through half the ecosystem's tumblers :P (but you know all of this).

So in summary: you can do illegal stuff with BTC, sure. But it's far from certain you will *get away with it*, which dampens the freedom part quite a bit.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
December 05, 2013, 07:24:10 AM
There is still a chance this is not major top, but I really don't like china picture. They broke almost all templates of growing bubble.

I don't think you would be considered crazy to call this the big one. We may finish the day under $400 let's see what happens but two major sell offs at or near $1200 could very well signify the top.

With all the back and forth if this ends up under $900 I will say this is going to get very ugly indeed.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
December 05, 2013, 07:09:46 AM
There is still a chance this is not major top, but I really don't like china picture. They broke almost all templates of growing bubble.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
December 05, 2013, 06:59:00 AM
Well done Lucif, calling tops twice is pretty impressive.

Im not so convinced that this is going to be a long term drop, but even so if we go down 50% before heading back up thats great for you.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
December 05, 2013, 06:43:02 AM
3500 CNY (prev low) - and definitely yes.

bulltrap then?
legendary
December 05, 2013, 06:08:32 AM
3500 CNY (prev low) - and definitely yes.
Activity: 13
December 05, 2013, 06:06:05 AM
Does this mean down we go then?
legendary
December 05, 2013, 05:38:43 AM
China hit negative daily BB zone

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
December 05, 2013, 05:30:05 AM

I think that the Chinese authorities just played with us this time - they are testing how much control they can have over bitcoin. And they chose a point where a correction was easy to cause.

Keep 'em coming Wink
zby
legendary
Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001
December 05, 2013, 05:16:02 AM

legendary
December 05, 2013, 04:46:28 AM

December 05, 2013, 04:44:59 AM

Update:

https://www.tradingview.com/x/jDzEaBMT/
zby
legendary
Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001
December 05, 2013, 02:26:33 AM
The 1000 mark was taken too quickly.  There were many people declaring taking profits at 1000 - I don't think they had time to do that - even on the last weekend dip. So maybe we'll have another triangle bouncing between ATH and the weekends support?
December 05, 2013, 01:39:08 AM

It would seem Bitcoin does indeed regard Bear Wedges to some degree, as I had said previously I would sell at the 1240 and place shorts there has paid off for me. I am now buying in $20 under my sell and collected on my short orders.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/tSXzaf3E/
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
December 04, 2013, 10:35:27 PM
Ah, of course thanks Satoshi and community, but I am still here =) Next entering point for me is in 2016-2017 year.

Don't speak too soon.

I don't think the bear market will last that long. 3-4 years?...Unlikely with how Bitcoin has moved previously since inception.

So smoothie, aren't you going to mock lucif in your usual 'who sold at '

LOL I could but eh I already started a thread for that haha
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
December 04, 2013, 06:14:30 PM
Ah, of course thanks Satoshi and community, but I am still here =) Next entering point for me is in 2016-2017 year.

No disrespect, but I'm not completely convinced you manage to stay out of the game that long. Once we're back on the road to da moon (next days? next year?), you'll be back Cheesy

Only millionare will own a whole bitcoin in 2017.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
December 04, 2013, 06:07:52 PM

No disrespect, but I'm not completely convinced you manage to stay out of the game that long. Once we're back on the road to da moon (next days? next year?), you'll be back :D
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 04, 2013, 05:55:01 PM
Looks like a double top is forming on bitstamp... anyone?
Jump to: