Pages:
Author

Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto - page 10. (Read 20578 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Personally I have no idea who this guy is (certainly not the bitcoin founder, who has enough btc already) but what I do know is that I can throw this guy a dime from the other side of the planet  Cheesy

That is great, I agree with you. But why not send to him directly?

Umm, I thought I did... didn't the address say 1Dorian...?
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Personally I have no idea who this guy is (certainly not the bitcoin founder, who has enough btc already) but what I do know is that I can throw this guy a dime from the other side of the planet  Cheesy

That is great, I agree with you. But why not send to him directly?
vip
To the moon!

That's the spirit!  /sarc

This helps the bitcoin community and it's a nice gesture to Dorian.  I don't know why it upsets you so much; no one is forcing you to participate.

d00d, what make you think I am upset? I am really laughing here. You d00ds are my occasional daily joke! If you want send some money, just do it! I am not here to stop you, but merely to advert you in my own way. I am just the messenger, not the message.
That's an insult asshole. I saw an old man looking confused and upset, not "displaying doctored data". You are talking complete shit, who do you think you are fooling with this? Your grasp on reality appears to be very thin, stop trolling this thread and look in the mirror. Look deep. Scrutinise yourself for the logic that donations going to you (i.e. your personal "money grab scheme") and your family are totally legit, but to anyone else - it's some false, horrid matrix style illusion of deception. Wake up and stop deluding yourself. And stop trying to delude and get in the way of other people making a free choice to do what they believe is some good in this world.

Yawn...

Undecided

Look like you got emotional, d00d. This shows how easy you can be manipulated by mere words. You are wasting your time trying to lecture me about things I am well versed.

This is nothing to get worked up over. We need bitcoins to move around anyway.

Personally I have no idea who this guy is (certainly not the bitcoin founder) but what I do know is that I can throw this guy a dime from the other side of the planet  Cheesy
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
High five!

Perhaps by your example he'll eventually learn what he called himself - extremely generous - actually means. But then maybe not.

Respect Peter R  Smiley
vip
just gave him 5 bones!

Well done! That is something. Keep it up with the good vibes, even if is just some bones.

Bring it on people, let's bump (this thread) and dump (your money).
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
To the moon!

That's the spirit!  /sarc

This helps the bitcoin community and it's a nice gesture to Dorian.  I don't know why it upsets you so much; no one is forcing you to participate.  

Activity: 743
Merit: 502
just gave him 5 bones!
vip

Just that... Why no more? Come on, d00d! Show us you have the power. Send more, much more. What are you waiting for?

Here is a new challenge: 1,000,000 USD in donations to generate a super hype and create a huge influx of Bitcoin adopters!

Go go go!

To the moon!
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 4195
diamond-handed zealot
Ahhh, the sweet silence of the ignore button
vip
That's an insult asshole. I saw an old man looking confused and upset, not "displaying doctored data". You are talking complete shit, who do you think you are fooling with this? Your grasp on reality appears to be very thin, stop trolling this thread and look in the mirror. Look deep. Scrutinise yourself for the logic that donations going to you (i.e. your personal "money grab scheme") and your family are totally legit, but to anyone else - it's some false, horrid matrix style illusion of deception. Wake up and stop deluding yourself. And stop trying to delude and get in the way of other people making a free choice to do what they believe is some good in this world.

Yawn...

Undecided

Look like you got emotional, d00d. This shows how easy you can be manipulated by mere words. You are wasting your time trying to lecture me about things I am well versed.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
vip
To those crying about this, wonder idea here... gtfo then. No one is making you donate. Bitcoin needs anything positive right now it can get.

Yeah, I know, I know. It is all about Bitcoin and not really about to provide what someone really needs. You are not telling me anything new. I am sure there is plenty of people already expecting this media hype will increase the BTC price to inflate their stash and satisfy their greed.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
All I see is this old guy who is reported to have had a stroke, looks after his 93 year old mother and wants to be left alone but is being hounded by the press. Is that not really the only facts we have?

What you see is a screen displaying doctored data with the primarily purpose to cause an expected reaction in your mind. You are not seeing the real character in your front, you are seeing the display of your computer where you read what you want to believe. You did not collected and scrutinized the data for yourself, you merely was reported what happened.

To those crying about this, wonder idea here... gtfo then. No one is making you donate. Bitcoin needs anything positive right now it can get.
+100 (to the first two sentences)
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
vip
All I see is this old guy who is reported to have had a stroke, looks after his 93 year old mother and wants to be left alone but is being hounded by the press. Is that not really the only facts we have?

What you see is a screen displaying doctored data with the primarily purpose to cause an expected reaction in your mind. You are not seeing the real character in your front, you are seeing the display of your computer where you read what you want to believe. You did not collected and scrutinized the data for yourself, you merely was told what happened.

If he is "bitcoin satoshi", which I personally doubt, he has not cashed out his coins and so is not some eccentric millionaire pretending to be poor.

If he is the Satoshi Nakamoto which developed the original Bitcoin software (and assuming he is also Dorian), then he could care less for his mother. I would certainly use that funds to help my mother. Would you not?

If he is not "bitcoin satoshi", which I personally feel is more likely (but make up your own mind), he does not seem undeserving of a little help.

Yeah, sure. However, what make you think he was not doing well before his privacy being completely busted? What make you think that ten of thousands of USD will provide him a better situation? Do you think everyone like to share with the whole world their grief? What make you think that money will buy his healthiness? Do you think more publicity from a bunch of deluded people is going to make him and his mother suffer less?

That's all. For now, at least give him the benefit of the doubt, rather than putting everyone off helping.

Who should have the benefit of the doubt?

f it's a total scam, no one is going to miss the $10 they donate. If it's not, the money is well spent.

It is not a scam, it is just a money grab scheme.

I just hope Andreas/people will consider getting the cash raised over to him quickly - not in 3 weeks time.

LoL

Pre-order of donations, brilliant!

That is a traditional way to do business around here!

Otherwise, it leaves him open to being cornered by some crappy news channel who offer him $10k for his story and he has no choice but to accept  Undecided
As I detest garbage journalism I find this fund raising quite clever. Nice move  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
One would have thought security expert like Antonopolous would have signed the OP with a PGP key or something for a project such as this.  Oh well, go figure...

I don't know of the OP is Andreas, but at least check the entire post.

EDIT: Find the donation address and the terms, signed by my PGP key, at the pastebin below
http://pastebin.com/4MHvpaeN

Nope, I'm not Andreas, but I did backtrack the info before I posted this and Andreas is tweeting about it also, as others have noted.

https://twitter.com/aantonop

Now, I have a serious fucking problem!

I just learnt that you're NOT Andreas, but made the mistake, as many others probably have, that you were, giving the first line of your OP.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/

Hi everyone, Andreas M. Antonopoulos here.
I'm fundraising for Dorian Nakamoto, the person named in the newsweak article.

I safely assumed (at least thought so) that since quote tags weren't use, you were indeed Andreas. Hell, I even spend about an hour looking over my posts to see if I've accidently ever crossed you, believing then that you were Andreas, a Bitcoiner I admire.

I'm a little pissed off right now!
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
I like big BITS and I cannot lie.
I think Dorian deserves some coins, but I don't have much coins to donate.

Glass half empty, eh? Young padawan evolve, you must.
Pages:
Jump to: