Pages:
Author

Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto - page 7. (Read 20578 times)

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Poor Mr Nakamoto, lost his privacy because the delusion of some nerds. Looking at the above photo it becomes obvious he is being harassed for no genuine reason at all. Some people put their selfish purposes above the essential respect they should have for others. At this point I feel embarrassed to be associated with this community.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Better yet, if anyone knows the journalist who bought him lunch, try to get in contact with him as a way form a line of trust direct to Dorian. Let him know the people from "bitcom" are mad about the way he has been abused by newsweek and want to help Smiley
The AP reporter I quoted is Ryan Nakashima, the one who interviewed Mr. Nakamoto over sushi.

Dunno how to contact him, the AP is colossal, but he might be able to publicize this correctly. His article is full of subtle jabs at Newsweek, and his persuasive ability really shines in the selection and order of his quotations.

What if some mediocre journalist looking for a "scoop" inflicted this on you?

Image source to mitigate conspiracy theories: CNN, reporters tail private citizen in illegal car chase, harass him all day

I DARE YOU!!!

to turn this picture into Neo (from Matrix) saying no to bullets (at the end of the first part)....

I can do it myself but I don't have the time to do it now.

Only instead of stopping bullets, have him stopping dollar bills or something... Wink

Go for broke!

Turn DELUCA into DRACULA.

The yellow irises into red opium flowers as seen on some Photobucket page.

The peace symbol tie-dyed shirt needs to be altered.

Dorian is donning a model steam engine train motif belt buckle.

The mail truck is an Overstock.com delivery van.

Place an alpaca in the bushes, or have it grazing on the lawn.

I just noticed something about this image, as well as the others. Why are there so many Japanese/Asian reporters?

Because he is the Asian MC Hammer... Can't touch this.....
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Better yet, if anyone knows the journalist who bought him lunch, try to get in contact with him as a way form a line of trust direct to Dorian. Let him know the people from "bitcom" are mad about the way he has been abused by newsweek and want to help Smiley
The AP reporter I quoted is Ryan Nakashima, the one who interviewed Mr. Nakamoto over sushi.

Dunno how to contact him, the AP is colossal, but he might be able to publicize this correctly. His article is full of subtle jabs at Newsweek, and his persuasive ability really shines in the selection and order of his quotations.

Image source to mitigate conspiracy theories: CNN, reporters tail private citizen in illegal car chase, harass him all day

I DARE YOU!!!

to turn this picture into Neo (from Matrix) saying no to bullets (at the end of the first part)....

Only instead of stopping bullets, have him stopping dollar bills or something... Wink

Go for broke!

Turn DELUCA into DRACULA.

The yellow irises into red opium flowers as seen on some Photobucket page.

The peace symbol tie-dyed shirt needs to be altered.

Dorian is donning a model steam engine train motif belt buckle.

The mail truck is an Overstock.com delivery van.

Place an alpaca in the bushes, or have it grazing on the lawn.

I just noticed something about this image, as well as the others. Why are there so many Japanese/Asian reporters?

I DARE YOU!!!

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!
Awesome just checked the wallet address and the number of btc received  Shocked it should hit the news  Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
He was interviewed by Ryan Nakashima from AP (> http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-man-said-create-bitcoin-denies-054716404--finance.html), so it should be pretty easy for Andreas (or whomever from the bitcoin community wants to take charge of that job) to get in contact with Ryan, someone Dorian is at least familiar with and has some level of trust.

I feel like I'm out here on my own wanting to get even a percentage of what's been raised over to Dorian asap. If he'll accept a free lunch, I'm sure he'd have no choice to accept if some media scum offered him $10k for his story.

But I guess from the lack of support of my idea, you are all happy to see Dorian hauled over the coals by Bill O'Reilly or some other asshole. Good work instant global payment community.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 4195
diamond-handed zealot
His brother posted in the bitcoin subreddit.  He'd probably be a good contact person for getting the funds to Dorian.

His brother who called him an asshole in the media? maybe not...

yeah, I was gonna say
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Kamehameha!!!
His brother posted in the bitcoin subreddit.  He'd probably be a good contact person for getting the funds to Dorian.

His brother who called him an asshole in the media? maybe not...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Activity: 493
This is a bit like selection bias, taken to the extreme.

If you take a bunch of facts and search for anyone who matches exactly those facts, that's perfectly valid. The problem comes when you THEN assert that "well, it must be true because all those facts match and the odds of that are astronomical".

Well, "duh", you just searched for people who matched those facts.

Exactly this.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
What is with the uh uh? However, Dorian has a bit too many coincidences with the creator of Bitcoin(namely working for a cryptographic department in his old job).

This is a bit like selection bias, taken to the extreme.

If you take a bunch of facts and search for anyone who matches exactly those facts, that's perfectly valid. The problem comes when you THEN assert that "well, it must be true because all those facts match and the odds of that are astronomical".

Well, "duh", you just searched for people who matched those facts.

It's like if you want to find a guy with a birthday on April 1 and red hair. Grabbing from your huge database-of-all-people, you find one and state that this must be the guy, 'cause what are the odds that it isn't considering his birthday matches (1/365th of a chance, roughly), his sex matches (50% chance, roughly), AND he even has red hair (0.5% (USA), according to google). Well, golly, that must mean the odds of it not being him are something like 7 in 1 million!

You are, of course, not doing the actual math, but the arguments supporting the claim are the same.
I am amazed by the generosity in the bitcoin community,
+1
Confirmed (2 confirmations)
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
I am amazed by the generosity in the bitcoin community,
+1
A bit slower than 10 minutes  Wink but:

Confirmed (1 confirmation)

5 more and the blockchain has spoken!
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I believe the perfect candidate to express to Darian what this cause is all about is that Asian AP reporter, probably a guy he may trust.

What do you think, Andreas?

I've already suggested that.

Gah, I'm not seeing any replies to my request/suggestion to get cash over to Dorian asap.

As I said this isn't Western Union - this is Bitcoin!

Cash out the BTC collected so far, someone write a cheque and deliver it to his house. Today.

There is already over $13k - cash out $10k now and get it to him.

It would be more than awesome for bitcoin to say we collect $10k in a few hours and a few hours later it was in his hands.

Isn't that part of the the whole concept of bitcoin?

It makes no sense to wait a month! If the guy is short of cash - and it's seems very likely if he had a stroke and is unable to work and looks after his mother - where would money come from?

I've also mentioned how not helping him straight away leaves him open to the mercy of journalists and news channels who will offer him big sums to grill him  Undecided

I just hope Andreas/people will consider getting the cash raised over to him quickly - not in 3 weeks time.

Otherwise, it leaves him open to being cornered by some crappy news channel who offer him $10k for his story and he has no choice but to accept  Undecided

Come on - let get this "instant" payment concept working! He could be starving in his house as we speak - anyone with direct contact to Andreas please tell him to do something straight away with the funds collected so far.

It's embarrassing this transaction is going to take 3 weeks to go through! Six people confirm the sentiment of this message that it should go straight away and let's send the funds to Dorian now!

+1
Somebody should bring this to Andrea's attention.
He can easily sent around $10K now and the rest later. But Dorian needs help now.
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I believe the perfect candidate to express to Darian what this cause is all about is that Asian AP reporter, probably a guy he may trust.

I've already suggested that.

Gah, I'm not seeing any replies to my request/suggestion to get cash over to Dorian asap.

As I said this isn't Western Union - this is Bitcoin!

Cash out the BTC collected so far, someone write a cheque and deliver it to his house. Today.

There is already over $13k - cash out $10k now and get it to him.

It would be more than awesome for bitcoin to say we collect $10k in a few hours and a few hours later it was in his hands.

Isn't that part of the the whole concept of bitcoin?

It makes no sense to wait a month! If the guy is short of cash - and it's seems very likely if he had a stroke and is unable to work and looks after his mother - where would money come from?

I've also mentioned how not helping him straight away leaves him open to the mercy of journalists and news channels who will offer him big sums to grill him  Undecided

I just hope Andreas/people will consider getting the cash raised over to him quickly - not in 3 weeks time.

Otherwise, it leaves him open to being cornered by some crappy news channel who offer him $10k for his story and he has no choice but to accept  Undecided

Come on - let get this "instant" payment concept working! He could be starving in his house as we speak - anyone with direct contact to Andreas please tell him to do something straight away with the funds collected so far.

It's embarrassing this transaction is going to take 3 weeks to go through! Six people confirm the sentiment of this message that it should go straight away and let's send the funds to Dorian now!
Activity: 700
looks like people have been also donating to address removed

where is the substantiation that this is a legit address for this cause?

There have been a few cases of people posting false addresses in this thread, which sucks, but that's people.

People looking to donate should probably stick with the reddit post/link in the first post of this thread and follow that back through the stuff Andreas himself posted to that reddit post and/or his twitter account https://twitter.com/aantonop to make sure they're not getting ripped off.

See this post from Andreas' twitter feed on Mar 7

"The fundraising address for Dorian, contains the word “Dorian" and is signed by my PGP key. NO OTHER ADDRESSES.
http://pastebin.com/4MHvpaeN
  "
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/

Hi everyone, Andreas M. Antonopoulos here.
I'm fundraising for Dorian Nakamoto, the person named in the newsweak article.
I have no idea if this person is Satoshi, though it seems increasingly unlikely. However, it doesn't matter either way. If this person is Satoshi, then the funds are a small "thanks" and won't make much of a difference.

If Dorian is indeed Satoshi (which I believe), the funds (now collecting) could still make much of a difference. If Dorian worked for the government and created bitcoin for them (or he worked in a Government-group that created bitcoin), then the results from early mining would belong to the government (his employer) and he had never access to the resulting money of early mining...
legendary

legendary
Hadn't moved much since the last time I was here earlier today: $26,141.49.
Pages:
Jump to: