Pages:
Author

Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto - page 9. (Read 20578 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 4195
diamond-handed zealot
The internet has opened my eyes to how even when positive things are done. People will still find something to complain about or try to turn it into a negative.

only some people
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The internet has opened my eyes to how even when positive things are done. People will still find something to complain about or try to turn it into a negative.

Activity: 287
Merit: 101
I think it's fun to spend bitcoin on something like this. And I did. Otherwise HODL...
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
will folks please stop quoting Mr. Crappo

I, for one, don't want to expose myself to the toxic stupidity.

+1

Donate or don't donate.  Whether or not you agree with the concept of this donation, or even believe its legitimacy. Once you have made your position clear no need to repeat it ad nauseam.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
There is no way this Satoshi is the creator of bitcoin. The real Satoshi has great command of the English language. This individual clearly does not. The bitcoin white paper and hundreds of communications by Satoshi contrast profoundly with the poorly written items accredited to this individual. This is an epic Fail

How so?  This old guy got his name dragged through mud by the mainstream, car chased, harassed at his home, and life generally put in danger by this Newsweek revelation.  If that Newsweek article is correct in that "this" Satoshi is in financial and health ruin, why not help a fellow human being in need.

Worst case this shows the humanitarian and fund raising aspect of Bitcoin.  This is a positive thing and paints Bitcoin in a positive light, instead of all the negative news.

This is a win win for the Bitcoin community no matter what.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
There is no way this Satoshi is the creator of bitcoin. The real Satoshi has great command of the English language. This individual clearly does not. The bitcoin white paper and hundreds of communications by Satoshi contrast profoundly with the poorly written items accredited to this individual. This is an epic Fail
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Hi all,

I'm selling "I'm Satoshi Nakamoto" T-shirts in support of this - 50% of profits will go to this fund.

Check out the main thread here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/im-satoshi-nakamoto-t-shirt-supporting-dorian-nakamoto-506269

Activity: 128
Merit: 103

shouldn't you be using bitlisten.com instead ?

your link leads to a malware site so i'm told...
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
Activity: 812
How did they do to put ''dorian'' in the address ?
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Yeah, but that is an address controlled by the collector and not the beneficiary of the donation.

Are you suggesting AA will scam fund money? If yes, how come someone with VIP status here don't know yet who is who in Bitcoin community?  Huh

d00d, it is just a money grab scheme. Relax, chill out. Someone will have several free lunch for a good period of time.

I'm celebrating here actualy, see why at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/if-you-missed-to-buy-physical-in-2013-you-have-a-chance-to-buy-digital-in-2023-361155 another money grab, maybe?

Wow! I am sincerely impressed by the art. If that are real paintings they are well made and is not a money grab scheme. You are going to acquire something real which you are going to appreciate your own eyes. Quite different that just send money to another-yet-Bitcoin-Jesus-pre-order donation-scheme.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
Yeah, but that is an address controlled by the collector and not the beneficiary of the donation.

Are you suggesting AA will scam fund money? If yes, how come someone with VIP status here don't know yet who is who in Bitcoin community?  Huh

d00d, it is just a money grab scheme. Relax, chill out. Someone will have several free lunch for a good period of time.

I'm celebrating here actualy, see why at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/if-you-missed-to-buy-physical-in-2013-you-have-a-chance-to-buy-digital-in-2023-361155 another money grab, maybe?
vip

Are you suggesting AA will scam fund money? If yes, how come someone with VIP status here don't know yet who is who in Bitcoin community?  Huh

legendary
diamond-handed zealot
will folks please stop quoting Mr. Crappo

I, for one, don't want to expose myself to the toxic stupidity.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Here is a suggestion, as we need bitcoin to move around, why not give the guy a paper backup instead?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
I just donated enough so he can get another free lunch  Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Personally I have no idea who this guy is (certainly not the bitcoin founder, who has enough btc already) but what I do know is that I can throw this guy a dime from the other side of the planet  Cheesy

That is great, I agree with you. But why not send to him directly?

Umm, I thought I did... didn't the address say 1Dorian...?

I know, but only AA is nuts enough to come up with something like this, and I expect him to do what he said
vip
Personally I have no idea who this guy is (certainly not the bitcoin founder, who has enough btc already) but what I do know is that I can throw this guy a dime from the other side of the planet  Cheesy

That is great, I agree with you. But why not send to him directly?

Umm, I thought I did... didn't the address say 1Dorian...?

Activity: 700
One would have thought security expert like Antonopolous would have signed the OP with a PGP key or something for a project such as this.  Oh well, go figure...

I don't know of the OP is Andreas, but at least check the entire post.

EDIT: Find the donation address and the terms, signed by my PGP key, at the pastebin below
http://pastebin.com/4MHvpaeN

Nope, I'm not Andreas, but I did backtrack the info before I posted this and Andreas is tweeting about it also, as others have noted.

https://twitter.com/aantonop

Now, I have a serious fucking problem!

I just learnt that you're NOT Andreas, but made the mistake, as many others probably have, that you were, giving the first line of your OP.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/

Hi everyone, Andreas M. Antonopoulos here.
I'm fundraising for Dorian Nakamoto, the person named in the newsweak article.

I safely assumed (at least thought so) that since quote tags weren't use, you were indeed Andreas. Hell, I even spend about an hour looking over my posts to see if I've accidently ever crossed you, believing then that you were Andreas, a Bitcoiner I admire.

I'm a little pissed off right now!

well, I'm sorry.  ::sniffle::

PG you've met me in person.  you are literally the only person on this forum that knows I am NOT AA.

My apologies if I've violated the tenets of internet jibber-jab by not posting a disclaimer or a scan of my passport, but I was certainly not trying to mislead anybody into thinking I was AA.

To make up for it I'll buy you dinner.  Again.   And you can explain how to do this properly next time.   Cheesy

Pages:
Jump to: