Pages:
Author

Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto - page 8. (Read 20578 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Nice work guys. That's a lot of free lunches.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
Andreas - I would suggest trying to get part of the funds already raised to him in the next 3 or 4 days, rather than wait to the end of March.

I'm sure he needs it now, not when the fuss has died down. Let's not collect all this cash and yet keep the guy waiting, so he has to sing for his sushi in the meantime  Undecided
+1

The 1 month period was chosen for a reason.  The Dorian story has played out with near scripted perfection, and I think bitcoin may have more up its sleeve with this chapter too. 
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Several times during the interview with AP, Nakamoto mistakenly referred to the currency as "bitcom," and as a single company, which it is not.

Which should be a red flag to anyone capable of some critical thinking.

You'd think that having been subject to a media frenzy he might have bothered to learn what it is he is supposed to have created. His 'I know nothing' routine smacked of someone trying to play the befuddled old man part a little too hard.

I have had the same impression.

And even more difficult to believe was that he has problems with speaking and understanding English - asking for Japanese-speaking reporter, talking in Japanese that he does not speak English ... This guy became US citizen around 1973, he went to college in US, have been living here for 40+ years ... His spoken English seemed completely fine, and his vocabulary broad and sophisticated

I am pretty sure that he pretended not to know English well. Of course, it does not mean that he is Satoshi. He may simply think that journalists would leave him alone faster that way Wink
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
41 bitcoin HOLY SHIT.

This is going to be VERY good for the bitcoin communities reputation once it hits the news. (providing the media portrays it correctly)
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
More than halfway to the goal I set of $50K.

I'm still pissed off at Pentax, though. (but I'll get over it, bud)
Activity: 407
This guy is in his 60's, has had a stroke and looks after his 93 year old mother. His privacy has been invaded and who knows how much stress he is under. I don't think anyone is wasting their coins by donating a few dollars to him.

Andreas - I would suggest trying to get part of the funds already raised to him in the next 3 or 4 days, rather than wait to the end of March.

I'm sure he needs it now, not when the fuss has died down. Let's not collect all this cash and yet keep the guy waiting, so he has to sing for his sushi in the meantime  Undecided
+1
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Good job, Andreas. Donated a bit.
Several times during the interview with AP, Nakamoto mistakenly referred to the currency as "bitcom," and as a single company, which it is not.

You'd think that having been subject to a media frenzy he might have bothered to learn what it is he is supposed to have created. His 'I know nothing' routine smacked of someone trying to play the befuddled old man part a little too hard.

I'll tell you what is a red flag to anyone capable of some critical thinking.

Satoshi went to extreme lengths to conceal his identity. Satoshi is obviously not stupid. Yet, Satoshi apparently used his real name for all communications involving Bitcoin.

Wut? o_O

Who said he went to extreme lengths? When all this started he never could have imagined Bitcoin would become so successful, thus his attempts to obfuscate his identity could well have been playful like using a previous name
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

What is with the uh uh? However, Dorian has a bit too many coincidences with the creator of Bitcoin(namely working for a cryptographic department in his old job).

The existence of coincidences doesn't mean there's evidence he's satoshi, it just means you have a conspiracy theory.

So?  There is no shame in having a theory or hypothesis and testing it.  Or at least it is not shameful to some people.  Quite the opposite to a lot of us.  Maybe the theory is wrong.  Many theories are and there is nothing wrong with that.  The only failure in my opinion is to fail to test a theory sufficiently before either abandoning it or accepting it.

The funny thing is that this is one of the very few theories which really cannot be considered a 'conspiracy' theory.  This because it does not involve more than one person since the suggestion here is that Satoshi/Dorian worked alone without being deceptive in his goals.

People are trained (and very effectively so) to recoil at the words 'conspiracy theory'.  It is designed to be something which abruptly halts analysis since doing so paints the analyst as automatically being a dangerous insane person.

This is much like the training in the U.S. to refer to people of African descent as 'African Americans'.  The training is so strong that you'll hear Africans being called 'African Americans from Africa.'

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

d00d, it is just a money grab scheme. Relax, chill out. Someone will have several free lunch for a good period of time.

No.  Its not.   Its far more likely its an "I want to meet Satoshi" scheme.  Andreas doesn't steal Bitcoins from people.  He has a long history of donating.

-B-
Andreas is pissed at the news media right now, and part of the reason for this campaign is illuminating and correcting the damage they do.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

d00d, it is just a money grab scheme. Relax, chill out. Someone will have several free lunch for a good period of time.

No.  Its not.   Its far more likely its an "I want to meet Satoshi" scheme.  Andreas doesn't steal Bitcoins from people.  He has a long history of donating.

-B-
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time

Satoshi went to extreme lengths to conceal his identity. Satoshi is obviously not stupid. Yet, Satoshi apparently used his real name for all communications involving Bitcoin.

Wut? o_O
It's called hiding in plain sight.

Uh huh.
What is with the uh uh? However, Dorian has a bit too many coincidences with the creator of Bitcoin(namely working for a cryptographic department in his old job).
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time

Wut? o_O
It's called hiding in plain sight.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

He did it on purpose!  It was to throw everyone off!  Grin
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
Already 36 BTC, I'm surprised.

I am not!!!

I am just glad  Smiley

Up to 38+ now and still rising....

Good moral stance aside, this is excellent positive publicity for Bitcoin that the media will hopefully pick up as a "happily ever after" epilogue to this mess they created in Dorian's life.

While I hope they won't, my only concern is the media responsible for this may try to spin it where they try and take the credit for this outcome. Sad
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

I am not!!!

I am just glad  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Activity: 581
Merit: 507
To the moon!
So now Dorian is involved with bitcoins.

We're going to hook him up with Google Glass next to enhance his hobby.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a correlation between blockchain and trains?
(I know I'm over thinking)
Pages:
Jump to: