Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 1Broker.com - Trade forex, indices, stocks and commodities - page 38. (Read 103052 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Bad News:
We have to close BTCUSD market (at least temporarily)
https://1broker.com/?c=news&newsid=5

While these are really bad news this opens the possibility that we redefine us and offer a DMA (Direct market access) trading in the future and solve the "bucket shop" discussions.

Is it still closed? I'm not seeing anything that indicates that it is on the trading screen, but I haven't seen an announcement that it's open again.

on BTC/USD tab it shows:

"BTC/USD
Characteristics
Type Forex    WKN -    Symbol BTCUSD
Currency BTC/USD    Max. Leverage 5    Current Spread 0.151
Description
*** This market is currently closed.***

This is the exchange rate between Bitcoin and the U.S. Dollar. The rate is calculated with market data from Mt.Gox, the biggest Bitcoin exchange available. If other exchanges reach a similar level of volume and stability they will also affect the price of this CFD.   
Bid    Ask    Update
12:41:16 PM"
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Bad News:

While these are really bad news this opens the possibility that we redefine us and offer a DMA (Direct market access) trading in the future and solve the "bucket shop" discussions.

Is it still closed? I'm not seeing anything that indicates that it is on the trading screen, but I haven't seen an announcement that it's open again.
Activity: 70
Ok. Here I come with my report:

1st --> 'exxe' have been far away the most serious administrator of all this BTC investment sites. His site is not a gambling site, and by the way, the code under the site is truly a genius piece of art. The refresh are faster from any other site, even when dealing with all stocks, indexs, commodities, btcs, all at same time. The values showed are always correct and updated.

2nd --> My comunication with 'exxe' really have leveraged myself as a trader and as a person. I fully recommend this service(1broker), since all my experience with him leads to confidence and trustfull.

Just my 2 cents  Cool
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
My suggestion would be to stop trying to be a serious trading platform, but basically admit to being a bucket shop and target your service to gamblers. ie http://financials.williamhill.com/
I think I gave honest and clear answers about this in my previous posts. I think there is nothing to "admit".

Of course CFDs can be used as a pure gambling instrument, but especially with low leverages it is definitely possible to trade in more "serious" way.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
My suggestion would be to stop trying to be a serious trading platform, but basically admit to being a bucket shop and target your service to gamblers. ie http://financials.williamhill.com/

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
In other words, people were buying/selling a penny on gox and changing the price.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
Just for the posterity:
Quote from: 1broker.com/?c=news&newsid=5
Dear customers,
 With much regret we have to announce that we will temporarily close the BTC/USD (Symbol: BTCUSD) market. A user successfully demonstrated the possibility to win constantly on our platform by moving the underlying market. This problem was known but thought to be not profitable because of position limits, market fees, and spreads. This issue is, with our current system, not trivial to fix and as a result we are forced to close this market. All opened positions on BTCUSD will be automatically closed on Tuesday 12th March, 6 p.m. UTC. Of course you can also close your positions manually until this time.

Since 85% of all trades were made on BTCUSD this is a backlash for 1Broker, but in the interest of our users and their funds there is no way around this decision. We are currently thinking of new strategies with this CFD, but we cannot guarantee a solution yet. We hope you enjoy trading on our other 14 markets, in the future.

All the best,
 exxe
Bad News:

Due to small MtGox market manipulations we had to increase the spread on BTCUSD a little bit.

Sorry for this inconvenience, but currently there is no way around.
Whoever made this is engaging in sockpuppet advertising, take care.
This is a nonsense-statement, which contains no information for readers and for me to answer your accusation.
We would never do something like this.
Activity: 84
Weighted companion cube
Links / sources please? I'd be very interested.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Activity: 547
Merit: 500
Decor in numeris
1broker lies about market prices because they are a bucket shop:

Mt Gox Last: $34.39798
1Broker: 34.0242/34.2302
We are using MtGox bid and ask price (not the last price) for the calculation.
The last price had to be a former bid/ask price.
On any sensible platform, yes.  But not on MtGox!!!

The last price is often above the daily max too.  This is apparently because the bid, ask, max and min prices all refer to a single market (BTC/USD) but the last price may come from a much smaller market with a huge gap (BTC/CHF for example), translated into USD.
vip
👻

The last price had to be a former bid/ask price. Maybe there was network problems but I did not observe $34.39 for ask on 1broker.

Either way, I suggest using the API to automatically buy BTC on Mtgox when someone longs, and vice versa, and get rid of the 50BTC limit..

vip
👻
Withdraw fee is 0.005 btc which is $0.15 instead of 0.0005 btc which is $0.015..
Right.

We will not raise this fee for the upcoming smsTAN system, however. (The cost for the SMS is included in the fee)
vip
👻
Withdraw fee is 0.005 btc which is $0.15 instead of 0.0005 btc which is $0.015..
No problem. By your (and en.wikipedia's) definition we are partly a bucket shop because we only hedge when it's necessary. However, the German Wikipedia defines Bucket Shops as a scam which manipulate live prices to their advantage.

I fully understand your worries of trusting us. I was scammed myself in 2011: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.467674
Thank you very much for your clear and honest answers.  I am not too worried about getting scammed, I am more worried about you guys folding when everybody goes long on BTC and the price skyrockets.  This will not keep me away, but it will certainly limit the how much I am willing to gamble on your site.  I would be very worried if I were you, you could end up loosing a huge amount of money very quickly.
It is unlikely that everybody goes long in a natural market. But even IF everybody goes long, the price skyrockets, we forgot to hedge and have no reserves left it will ALWAYS be possible to pay out at least the margins. I'm not very worried that this could become a problem with the current system, however.

Thanks for the questions and for giving us a try, btw  Smiley

Is there some way a third party can verify you indeed limit ALL accounts, and verify your total exposure on the markets? Is there some way a third party can verify you do indeed have the capital you're lending on margin?
It's hard to prove these things, since I could send you manipulated data, documents, screenshots ... The majority of our reserves are held in Euro and unfortunately there is no cryptographic proof that these reserves really exist, too.
However, the limits are hardcoded and not user specific. You can verify this by asking other users.

Knowing your identity helps nothing. We all know Pirate is Trendon Shavers.. but nothing's came out of it.
Partly true. But keep in mind that, unlike Trendon Shavers, we have working business model which is used by thousands of companies around the world.
vip
👻
Knowing your identity helps nothing. We all know Pirate is Trendon Shavers.. but nothing's came out of it.
Pages:
Jump to: