Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 1Broker.com - Trade forex, indices, stocks and commodities - page 37. (Read 103052 times)

Activity: 547
Merit: 500
Decor in numeris
So if I open an order with a leverage of 1, I'm still charged interest, even though I'm not "borrowing" any BTC to place the order?
But you are borrowing as many BTC as you have placed in your margin account.  That is why you can win on the price going up.  If you were not borrowing, you would just have been moving your BTC from your own wallet to 1Brokers.  If you place one BTC as margin and go long at leverage 1:1, then you borrow and additional BTC and can win or lose depending on what happens to the price.

If you were posting USD as margin and going long at 1:1, then you would not be borrowing but just buying.  Leverage where you post margin in the same currency as you trade is a bit strange, essentially the leverage is one higher than normal when going long, and one less than normal when going short.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
I remember when Exxe just announced his business while the biggest 2012 Bitcoin business were falling apart. At that time many forum members were quite afraid of new Internet pages hosting financial platforms. I even promised a report about Exxe internal business operation to ensure his was offering a honest service. I did not delivered the promised report (I am sorry Exxe!) because there was many unexpected events happening in my personal and professional life. However I made some inquires to Exxe by electronic mail and he was quite responsive. At some point I decided that there was no incentive to Exxe build his business based on deception. The young man from Austria is quite dedicated to his endeavors and I never had any reason to even become suspicious of his activities.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
So if I open an order with a leverage of 1, I'm still charged interest, even though I'm not "borrowing" any BTC to place the order?
Right, but keep in mind that you can profit from these interest rates depending on the current market situation. We implemented this to encourage a balanced volume of long and short positions and reduce our risks.

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
The web platform was developed from scratch to avoid security problems of frameworks or libraries.
Although we are confident about our security know-how we will hire 3rd party penetration testers from time to time.
What? Did you hire D.J.Bernstein or such luminary to develop secure web platform from scratch? With periodic pentests, gun-guarded DC, etc, etc... and that all from some students' savings?
[...]
I don't know what you understand in developing a web platform from scratch, but in this context it means that we don't use abstract web frameworks like RoR or Zend.
Periodic pentests are not that expensive if you know the right people and most DCs have security guards here in Europe. (See here)

No software is perfect, but the fact that nobody has found a single security problem (we even give out bounties) shows that we are not technical amateurs.

PS: The BTC/USD market is now open!
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov
BTC/USD and new order types!

Congrats, it made me want to try it.. but then I found hard to believe claims on your Security page: https://1broker.com/?c=about_security

The web platform was developed from scratch to avoid security problems of frameworks or libraries.
Although we are confident about our security know-how we will hire 3rd party penetration testers from time to time.

What? Did you hire D.J.Bernstein or such luminary to develop secure web platform from scratch? With periodic pentests, gun-guarded DC, etc, etc... and that all from some students' savings?

Either you got serious investment and then the question is, why the investor cannot reveal themselves .. or above claims are just delusions, like the "godaddy secured" seal. I know well how much approximately can bitcoin platform with 9k orders and 300 users make, so am inclined to assume the latter.
how about a demo-account?
It's on the TODO list, but new users can play around with very small amounts in the meantime.
legendary
Activity: 2413
Merit: 1003
how about a demo-account?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Any chance of getting a few more indices, and a lot more stocks?
Decor in numeris
For the BTCUSD CFD on 1Broker I think I have good news is the near future Smiley
How near is the near future? :-)
ok, I understand; but how do I know how much spread I will pay for a trade?
The spread is the difference between the bid and ask price. It heavily depends on the market and on the leverage you use, but usually it costs you far below 1%. Contact me if you would like to have specific calculations.

plus500.com is now offering a CFD on the BTC/USD price, but they have the severe handicap of not handling deposits/withdrawals in bitcoin but in USD
Perhaps you can work out how they prevent the manipulation problem, and then do the same.  (Or perhaps they have not solved the problem and will close that instrument soon.)
Honestly I think they did not solve the problem, but we will see soon. For the BTCUSD CFD on 1Broker I think I have good news is the near future Smiley
Decor in numeris
plus500.com is now offering a CFD on the BTC/USD price, but they have the severe handicap of not handling deposits/withdrawals in bitcoin but in USD  Grin

Perhaps you can work out how they prevent the manipulation problem, and then do the same.  (Or perhaps they have not solved the problem and will close that instrument soon.)
legendary
perhaps this is a dumb question but I don't get it:

Since prices are in dolars; how do I know how much I buy for a Bitcoin? For example, if Facebook is $500 and I buy it for 1 coin....how do I know how much I will buy? Sure, after closing the position, it doesn't realy matter....if it goes up 1% it goes up 1%; but it is dificult to see how much % I will pay with the spread giving
You never buy any shares. You buy a contract for difference.

ok, I understand; but how do I know how much spread I will pay for a trade?
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻

Since prices are in dolars; how do I know how much I buy for a Bitcoin? For example, if Facebook is $500 and I buy it for 1 coin....how do I know how much I will buy? Sure, after closing the position, it doesn't realy matter....if it goes up 1% it goes up 1%; but it is dificult to see how much % I will pay with the spread giving
You never buy any shares. You buy a contract for difference.
legendary

Could you set it up so that it must be held for at least 1 hour?
Sorry for the delayed response: No. This doesn't fix the root of the problem. The BTC/USD market has not (yet) enough volume for providing a CFD in this way. Therefore we can't bring back BTCUSD in the near future. Sorry.

However, today we finally added smsTAN, our SMS-based two-factor authentication along with other updates:
Platform update (March 2013)

SMS-based two-factor authentication
We are always striving to continually improve the security of our customers and we are happy to announce the implementation of smsTAN, our two-factor SMS authentication system for all customers. We hope this will give you piece of mind whilst improving your user experience and security. Once you have enabled this system it will send you a private code via SMS text when a withdrawal is requested, this keeps you safe in the unlikely event your log-in credentials are compromised. You can enable this feature in your account settings, for no additional costs.

Other things that were updated:
- Multiple visual improvements
- Updated the Terms of Service
- Login is now possible with the email address too
- Added some frequently asked questions
- Dozens of minor bug fixes

We are currently working on lot's of other cool new features, like Stop-Loss/Limit orders and new markets. But this takes a few more weeks...

Thanks for using 1Broker.

This raises the question, if we should abandon our Master Key system to avoid that customers feel secure with the old system. (which is still the default one)
What do you think?
Any ETA for when it will reopen?
I still can't guarantee that this market comes back at all.

Sorry.

Could you set it up so that it must be held for at least 1 hour? It's highly unlikely the market could be manipulated against you with the probable volume in that amount of time. (or more than 1 hour, whatever you deem safe).

Basically, I want to go long on BTCUSD and hold for a while.
Any ETA for when it will reopen?
I still can't guarantee that this market comes back at all.

Sorry.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
Ok. Here I come with my report:

1st --> 'exxe' have been far away the most serious administrator of all this BTC investment sites. His site is not a gambling site, and by the way, the code under the site is truly a genius piece of art. The refresh are faster from any other site, even when dealing with all stocks, indexs, commodities, btcs, all at same time. The values showed are always correct and updated.

2nd --> My comunication with 'exxe' really have leveraged myself as a trader and as a person. I fully recommend this service(1broker), since all my experience with him leads to confidence and trustfull.

Just my 2 cents  Cool

Couldn't agreed more. exxe is very responsible for his own site and have quick response, he is open for suggestion and ideastoo. Thou Leverage service for Bitcoin is closed now becuase of market manipulations , but you can still play with other indexes and forex. Perhaps he is thinking of new method to prevent manipulations and things to relaunch in farther future. Really look forward to his news
Got it, I had clicked directly on the long/short buttons from the Forex tab. Any ETA for when it will reopen?
Pages:
Jump to: