Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 1GH.COM - HVC / MAX / MMC / PTS / VIA Anonymous Pool ★ - page 19. (Read 75161 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
The cgminer for max seems to crash a lot for me. I honestly have no idea why, but it seems to crash randomly, sometimes it can go for 10 hours, other times 1 hour and it crashes. Sometimes it says "failed to create postcalc hash thread" or something like that. Any fixes? I am not using any specific settings with it. 2 x 7950's.
Is it for version 3.7?

Yes. It started happening on scrypt as well on my other cgminer after I mined max, although it is working again now for scrypt.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Website is under kind of DDoS currently. It does not affect anything but the webinterface itself.
ok. thanks!  Cool
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Website is under kind of DDoS currently. It does not affect anything but the webinterface itself.
Activity: 210
What is with the site? It's giving 520 error!
Yeap, site dosnt work "Error 520", but pool is work.
Sometimes!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
What is with the site? It's giving 520 error!
The cgminer for max seems to crash a lot for me. I honestly have no idea why, but it seems to crash randomly, sometimes it can go for 10 hours, other times 1 hour and it crashes. Sometimes it says "failed to create postcalc hash thread" or something like that. Any fixes? I am not using any specific settings with it. 2 x 7950's.
Is it for version 3.7?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
IS PTS mining more profitable than MAX?
Probably not on the moment, if you autosell. For longer-term investment, it must be - you get a stake in Bitshares and other Invictus-spawned things.
Activity: 168
IS PTS mining more profitable than MAX?
Activity: 160

Yes, PTS mining may be even cooler than MAX. Regarding aticonfig, I can run it just fine on my headless Ubuntu (with X server started but no display connected to GPUs), just DISPLAY variable needs to be set. I am not a pro miner however, and cannot tell if I am doing it right and if I could lose some hps due to X running.

Ok, setting export DISPLAY=:0 lets me access the gpu temps via aticonfig. 

Great!  I'll play around with this a bit more to see if it makes sense to switch the farm from MAX to PTS

Not that I know of, the algorithm is too special to fit in cgminer. However, this algorithm also puts a different load pattern on GPU, so cards run much cooler and consume less power than with scrypt.

I like how when mining MAX my GPU temps are much lower.  Would mining PTS be similar?

I have a rather large farm and it bothers me I can't check temps.  All my rigs are run headless so there isn't any easy way to check their temps via aticonfig as I don't use a KVM switch.  I only use SSH.

BTW, don't sweat what that other guy was complaining about.  Been using you guys for weeks mining MAX and I have never had one issue with your pool.
Yes, PTS mining may be even cooler than MAX. Regarding aticonfig, I can run it just fine on my headless Ubuntu (with X server started but no display connected to GPUs), just DISPLAY variable needs to be set. I am not a pro miner however, and cannot tell if I am doing it right and if I could lose some hps due to X running.

Not that I know of, the algorithm is too special to fit in cgminer. However, this algorithm also puts a different load pattern on GPU, so cards run much cooler and consume less power than with scrypt.

I like how when mining MAX my GPU temps are much lower.  Would mining PTS be similar?

I have a rather large farm and it bothers me I can't check temps.  All my rigs are run headless so there isn't any easy way to check their temps via aticonfig as I don't use a KVM switch.  I only use SSH.

BTW, don't sweat what that other guy was complaining about.  Been using you guys for weeks mining MAX and I have never had one issue with your pool.

Sorry, not really, the miner is pretty basic. You are better off using amdconfig/aticonfig or overdrive5 for that anyway, even with cgminer.

Oh, thats too bad.  I can't use it then.  I really need to know if my GPUs are overheating.  Is there a PTS miner that I can compile that acts/works like cgminer?

Sorry, not really, the miner is pretty basic. You are better off using amdconfig/aticonfig or overdrive5 for that anyway, even with cgminer.

Oh, thats too bad.  I can't use it then.  I really need to know if my GPUs are overheating.  Is there a PTS miner that I can compile that acts/works like cgminer?
Isnt a 35% profit loss enough to investigate? Wink
Of course not, because others do not have this problem.

I have no intentions of continue this discussion because your arguments are not satisfying. Let me just add that we are 3 friends, all was mining at 1gh all experienced the same issues, all came to the conclution that they lot ALOT of coins using SCAMGH.com
As you will, just what would be a 'satisfying argument' for you? If you feel your money are stolen - just publish your stats url to prove that. If you do not want to publish it for whatever reason - send it in PM. What is wrong with this logic?
Activity: 56

I have no intentions of continue this discussion because your arguments are not satisfying. Let me just add that we are 3 friends, all was mining at 1gh all experienced the same issues, all came to the conclution that they lot ALOT of coins using SCAMGH.com
Activity: 56
Well im not interested. The pool is crap PERIOD. You should take my advice and try the other pool i just told you i have 0.0-0.2% reject.
And this is what you came to this thread for, to advertise the competitor?

Sorry i edited the post. Please read it again, i didnt see that you were a pool operator. But you can read it now. and NO i don't advertise, im simply supplying people with valueable information that i used days to gather. But go on, scam someone else.
Hey, we are not scamming, this is the point. You may dislike the fee and stales but calling us scammers not giving any details to investigate is not nice.
The miner only needs your PTS wallet address as a sole parameter, please run it like this:
Code:
./pts-miner PYi1qsSc4L99Lip5p3gMsgRtr2cExXXhHC

Great!  That did it!

Is there no way to see GPU temps with this miner?
Pages:
Jump to: