Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 22. (Read 99167 times)

Activity: 925
Merit: 1000
It's nice to see that a serious development is ongoing. Duke, have you ever requested to add this coin to Polo so that it get's more noticed?
legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
It's true that we are actively considering a re-brand to GIFTcoin -- we'll put it to a stakeholder vote when we get closer.

All functionality will remain intact especially support for charities and pro-social causes

legendary
legendary
Just posted a new pix over on the FB page that shows the updates coming to the Gift page which includes a "Balance" column and likely a "Date" as well.

These will be useful to let stakeholders know if their Gift*cards have been redeemed or not and will make it easy to "reclaim" them when they haven't.

This makes it VERY SAFE to do MASSIVE air-drops of paper wallets in the real world -- like hand them out at bars and events.

This way you can help bring more people into the ecosphere and not worry if they end up in the rubbish or garbage bin.

The BIG news is that this system no longer leverages the 'wallet.dat' file and instead adds in a 'wallet.sqlite3' file that will become the NEW wallet system in the future.

We'll be working on moving the Contacts over there next and adding in support for "email address" and name too like a proper contact system should have.

THEN we can do the first cut at the new Donate page, where we will pull a list of YOUR our stakeholders voted top charities and causes into the wallet directly.  The plan is to have a little logo/thumbnail picture, a name, a description, a 2GIVE address and a click-able URL that will launch the browser.

FINALLY, we'll officially release V2.0 and begin doing a ton of press releases in the mainstream media as well as sending out paper wallets to known charities that were using the Do A Bit of Good screen saver system.

As always, we really appreciate your support by holding and staking your coins in your own wallet.  Bittrex still has the bulk of the available float and we'd like to see that number shrink.

With less supply and more demand coming we should see a more true valuation of the coinbase emerge.

It's Better 2GIVE

-dvd
legendary
As long as you have you wallet enabled to "Compete for Block Rewards (POW)" and its running you have the same chance to win any of the 1% rewards from the 100k blocks being sent between the seed nodes every 30 minutes --> that is increasing now to every 20 minutes

-dvd

Good day to all! My question is: mining wallet has ended? Huh Huh Huh
Because I wrote that no Mature coins. Wallet updated to RC-5. On balance 2162,59 coins.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Good day to all! My question is: mining wallet has ended? Huh Huh Huh
Because I wrote that no Mature coins. Wallet updated to RC-5. On balance 2162,59 coins.
legendary
After just two months of going "live" the 2GIVE blockchain is now showing signs of being self-sustaining, thanks to our stakeholders who are holding coins in their wallets (where they belong and not at exchanges). 

Strength in Numbers Foundation (SNF) is going to continue the "air-drop" and increase the cadence from a 30-minute window to a 20-minute window, shifting the drop again to build future staking opps to increase chain velocity.

-dvd
legendary
Sounds awesome dude! Im fomoing hard!!  Cheesy I think this can be the next XEM and go from 20 satoshi to atleast 1500  Cheesy We just have 2 give it enough btc first!

If you think that's HAWT...wait until you hear what we have planned for Release Candidate 7 (RC7)...

"In wallet exchange support leveraging API keys and withdrawal in fiat"

Our goal is to make it as close to a "one-button cash out" model so that non-profits (who are not staffed with computer savvy, let alone crypto-savvy people) -- the easiest and safest way to convert 2GIVE => BTC => deposits at their bank.

Initially we're planning on wiring in support for Bittrex and BitPay.

By using API keys (that we might eventually make easy to register from within the wallet) -- we avoid being classified as a "money transmitter" -- it's all peer-to-peer and controlled by the individual.

This also means we do not have to register in the state of New York for a BitLicense either :p

This is the ultimate in "removing friction" and "hiding complexity" as it gets

It's Better 2GIVE

-dvd
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
Sounds awesome dude! Im fomoing hard!! Cheesy I think this can be the next XEM and go from 20 satoshi to atleast 1500 Cheesy We just have 2 give it enough btc first!
legendary

Quick update on RC6 in case you're not following the project on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/projectgivecoin/

We've added in a "Fund" button on the Gift*Card page as well as a "right-click" option to instantly copy the address and label over into the Give (send coin) page.

For fun we added a similar feature to the Contacts page which is also available on the Receive page as well!

This means you don't have to cut-copy-paste addresses to send, or pull the Address book up to find an address from within the Give page.

This is one more way we are "removing friction" from the system to make it easier for non-crypto users to join us!!

We have some housekeeping to attend to, specifically removing the Gift* addresses from the wallet.dat db4 file, as well as the Contacts in favor of storing them in a wallet.sqlite3 database file in preparation for a future release that will remove that dependency once and for all.  This will give us a much more powerful system that can even support an in-wallet block explorer if the stakeholders deem it important.

The BIG thing in RC6 will be a complete re-vamp and upgrade of the Donate tab to leverage a downloaded file of approved charities and causes from the https://2Give.Info site based on your submissions and votes.

We have put the https://doabitofgood.com site into maintenance mode and disabled further registrations until we can migrate all that functionality over to the 2GIVE site and make it an example of how we use 2GIVE to power up social tipping and charitable giving.

In the meantime, please consider supporting 2GIVE by introducing our wallet and sending coins to your friends!!  It's the easiest way to explain what a crypto-currency is and can do.

Also, please remember that exchanges do not earn 5% interest since they do not stake coins for you -- instead pull them from the exchanges and hold them in your wallets directly where they are safer.

It's Better 2GIVE!

-dvd
legendary
What's up dudes, when will we add this coin to Polo?

I did submit a request earlier.  Right now I'd like to focus on enhancing the value of the system and build out our stakeholder community portal.

Also interested in swapping other ALTS:2GIVE -- so if you have any favorites let me know?

-dvd
Activity: 925
What's up dudes, when will we add this coin to Polo?
legendary
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
Just announced on the FB page...

https://www.facebook.com/projectgivecoin/photos/a.365496850266757.1073741828.300593876757055/636640436485729/?type=3&theater¬if_t=like¬if_id=1466452372230015

SQLite is coming to 2GIVE in a big way.

First, we'll swap out using "wallet.dat" as the address book for Gift*cards

Then we'll move Contacts over, and enhance the data elements

The BIG thing coming in RC6 will be the in-wallet Donate tab changes to get a live list of approved charitable causes from the https://doabitofgood.com website directory.

It's Better 2GIVE ;-)

-dvd

Looks great, can't wait 2Give some really COOL Gift*cards & be easily redeemable by anyone. The ability to be able to sweep the ones that don't get redeemed would be a great update to have, almost like handing people flyers & 90% just get thrown away (way better 2Give)  Cool
legendary
Just announced on the FB page...

https://www.facebook.com/projectgivecoin/photos/a.365496850266757.1073741828.300593876757055/636640436485729/?type=3&theater¬if_t=like¬if_id=1466452372230015

SQLite is coming to 2GIVE in a big way.

First, we'll swap out using "wallet.dat" as the address book for Gift*cards

Then we'll move Contacts over, and enhance the data elements

The BIG thing coming in RC6 will be the in-wallet Donate tab changes to get a live list of approved charitable causes from the https://doabitofgood.com website directory.

It's Better 2GIVE ;-)

-dvd
legendary
Yes, it's low power Proof of Work and equitable power Proof of Stake.

The POW mining is strictly competing for the 1% TXFEE block rewards -- and is open to everyone who runs the wallet in that mode, REGARDLESS of number of coins held.

For stakeholders the staking period is 30 days for a 5% ROI per annum and follows the same coin-age weight rules as PeerCoin et al.

And you're right, the top wallet is Bittrex and they are not staking and with the exception of the Donation wallet, neither are any of the other SNF "GiveCoin" wallets either. 

Bittrex had one hiccup and donated the ~400K coins they accidentally staked to SNF directly:

https://www.blockexperts.com/2give/tx/de25bd98cdd7833d774fb8e93a5808f39b5585913102c31904b95a2892f83ad3

And SNF has tested POS staking on at least one other wallet to assure that "difficulty" would rise appropriately when a lot of staking blocks started entering the chain, but otherwise they all have "mint=0" set in their config files.

The smart move would be for people to pull their coins out of the exchange and keep them in their own wallets where its safest.  Plus you don't earn interest on exchange accounts.  

At the time of the V1->V2 swap Bittrex about a month ago, they held 272M!   As of this morning it's closer to 165M

So I'm encouraged that over a 100M coins have been withdrawn -- some sent to other exchanges I suppose, but the bulk appear to be in individual holders wallets.

If you haven't read the white paper/value prop, I would encourage you to check it out:

http://bit.ly/2GiveCoin

It has a lot of information about what's going on and where we're going with 2GIVE.

There's a lot of stuff that is being shared on the FB page -- like progress with our mobile wallet and the use of the Gift* card system for social tipping and "air dropping" in the real world.

In the mean time, what other questions can I answer for you?

-dvd

Hang on, Low power?

I have top 15 wallet and quite a few are around the same amount of coins as me ALOT of coins are in exchange wallets (assuming they don't stake)

And I got 100 coins 5 days ago?

I understand how it works, So assuming the 180 mill odd wallet isn't an exchange or they are staking they would get everything and the rest of us just sit on our hands hoping for the best?

Riiggght

Activity: 924
I AM
the POW isnt much chop, Had over a mil in a wallet for a week have been paid 1100 coins out,
Not worth being open for that, And now isnt.

That's how POW works -- especially at so low power -- someone else beat you to the solution or had a higher proof of work.

Clearly there some UI work to help minimize the confusion.

Thank you for your feedback.

-dvd

Hang on, Low power?

I have top 15 wallet and quite a few are around the same amount of coins as me ALOT of coins are in exchange wallets (assuming they don't stake)

And I got 1 coins 5 days ago?

I understand how it works, So assuming the 180 mill odd wallet isn't an exchange or they are staking they would get everything and the rest of us just sit on our hands hoping for the best?

Activity: 924
I AM
the POW isnt much chop, Had over a mil in a wallet for a week have been paid 1100 coins out,
Not worth being open for that, And now isnt.

That's how POW works -- especially at so low power -- someone else beat you to the solution or had a higher proof of work.

Clearly there some UI work to help minimize the confusion.

Thank you for your feedback.

-dvd

Hang on, Low power?

And I got 100 coins 5 days ago?

Riiggght
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
how exactly is the distribution for 2GIVE happening? most other PoS coins have quick PoW mining period to distibute coins, or maybe sig campaign etc, then PoS cuts in. How is the initial distro happening?  I like the tx reward model, but if that's how the whole distribution is happening then that implies the foundation must have a hell of a lot of coins for a long time

Thanks for asking.

The initial distribution was to the holders of V1 (GIVE) held at Bittrex which accounted for about 80% of the total mined coins, of which SNF held 22%.

From here SNF is distributing the coins via block rewards by bouncing coins between seed nodes, this is actually one of the first equitable "air drops" to date -- all it requires is running the wallet in mining mode to help secure the network -vs- marketing gimmicks like gather email address, asking for tweets etc.  Stuff we'll also likely do for existing stakeholders when we launch the community portal and our "Get Confirmed" campaign.

After the original contract was fulfilled (500M coins) -- SNF held an approximate 58% stake which we use in the seed network as well as doing "coin swaps" -- WATER, KARMA, PMP, CAT, and now CAPT.

All of the foundations addresses are publicly known as "GiveCoin*" and can easily be monitored by the stakeholders.

The goal is 2GIVE it all away by building a vibrant, passionate, and engaged community of stakeholders.

The value and utility of this coin lives largely outside of the classic "miner-speculator" symbiotic and largely dysfunctional relationship and moves it to a "stakeholder" and "underwriter" model that will hopefully bring about a virtuous cycle in charitable giving and social tipping.

I hope you'll join us!

-dvd

Great answer, I'm impressed!!
Pages:
Jump to: