Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 23. (Read 99014 times)

legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
the POW isnt much chop, Had over a mil in a wallet for a week have been paid 1100 coins out,
Not worth being open for that, And now isnt.

That's how POW works -- especially at so low power -- someone else beat you to the solution or had a higher proof of work.

Clearly there some UI work to help minimize the confusion.

Thank you for your feedback.

-dvd
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I AM
the POW isnt much chop, Had over a mil in a wallet for a week have been paid 1100 coins out,

Not worth being open for that, And now isnt.
legendary
if you guys need a greek translation you know where to find me.

Appreciate the ask!  We'll likely look to spin up the great "translation-fest" later this summer when we finish with our "Release Candidate" cycle and officially launch 2.0

I'm assuming that you'll take 2GIVE for it ;-)

-dvd
legendary
It's really great to see this coin that active, I hold it till the first GIVE was released, and I will hold until it will surprise everybody

It's Better 2GIVE ;-)

Please consider getting the latest RC5 wallet and making a "Gift" -- a small amount, maybe 100 coins sent to a paper wallet that you HAND to a friend.

Find someone who has never been involved in crypto and invite them to join us!

We've started work on the mobile wallets, first on IOS and then we'll work on the Android wallet.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
how exactly is the distribution for 2GIVE happening? most other PoS coins have quick PoW mining period to distibute coins, or maybe sig campaign etc, then PoS cuts in. How is the initial distro happening?  I like the tx reward model, but if that's how the whole distribution is happening then that implies the foundation must have a hell of a lot of coins for a long time

Thanks for asking.

The initial distribution was to the holders of V1 (GIVE) held at Bittrex which accounted for about 80% of the total mined coins, of which SNF held 22%.

From here SNF is distributing the coins via block rewards by bouncing coins between seed nodes, this is actually one of the first equitable "air drops" to date -- all it requires is running the wallet in mining mode to help secure the network -vs- marketing gimmicks like gather email address, asking for tweets etc.  Stuff we'll also likely do for existing stakeholders when we launch the community portal and our "Get Confirmed" campaign.

After the original contract was fulfilled (500M coins) -- SNF held an approximate 58% stake which we use in the seed network as well as doing "coin swaps" -- WATER, KARMA, PMP, CAT, and now CAPT.

All of the foundations addresses are publicly known as "GiveCoin*" and can easily be monitored by the stakeholders.

The goal is 2GIVE it all away by building a vibrant, passionate, and engaged community of stakeholders.

The value and utility of this coin lives largely outside of the classic "miner-speculator" symbiotic and largely dysfunctional relationship and moves it to a "stakeholder" and "underwriter" model that will hopefully bring about a virtuous cycle in charitable giving and social tipping.

I hope you'll join us!

-dvd
It's really great to see this coin that active, I hold it till the first GIVE was released, and I will hold until it will surprise everybody
legendary
how exactly is the distribution for 2GIVE happening? most other PoS coins have quick PoW mining period to distibute coins, or maybe sig campaign etc, then PoS cuts in. How is the initial distro happening?  I like the tx reward model, but if that's how the whole distribution is happening then that implies the foundation must have a hell of a lot of coins for a long time

Thanks for asking.

The initial distribution was to the holders of V1 (GIVE) held at Bittrex which accounted for about 80% of the total mined coins, of which SNF held 22%.

From here SNF is distributing the coins via block rewards by bouncing coins between seed nodes, this is actually one of the first equitable "air drops" to date -- all it requires is running the wallet in mining mode to help secure the network -vs- marketing gimmicks like gather email address, asking for tweets etc.  Stuff we'll also likely do for existing stakeholders when we launch the community portal and our "Get Confirmed" campaign.

After the original contract was fulfilled (500M coins) -- SNF held an approximate 58% stake which we use in the seed network as well as doing "coin swaps" -- WATER, KARMA, PMP, CAT, and now CAPT.

All of the foundations addresses are publicly known as "GiveCoin*" and can easily be monitored by the stakeholders.

The goal is 2GIVE it all away by building a vibrant, passionate, and engaged community of stakeholders.

The value and utility of this coin lives largely outside of the classic "miner-speculator" symbiotic and largely dysfunctional relationship and moves it to a "stakeholder" and "underwriter" model that will hopefully bring about a virtuous cycle in charitable giving and social tipping.

I hope you'll join us!

-dvd
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
how exactly is the distribution for 2GIVE happening? most other PoS coins have quick PoW mining period to distibute coins, or maybe sig campaign etc, then PoS cuts in. How is the initial distro happening?  I like the tx reward model, but if that's how the whole distribution is happening then that implies the foundation must have a hell of a lot of coins for a long time
Activity: 377
Merit: 250
I am using the latest version of RC5 wallet. Everything works perfectly!
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Activity: 814
Merit: 1000
I am now using the latest RC and finally I am also able to stake Smiley

Everything is working smoothly!

legendary
As socialed out on our FB page tonight...

We have successfully built the latest RC5 wallet on both Mac OS X and Windows

Our usability testing has uncovered an issue with the file path (that whole "/" vs "\" thing)

Should be wrapped in the next 24 hours and then pushed to the main download site!

Stay tuned stakeholders <3

-dvd
legendary
THIS is what velocity looks like when you can offer remote updates to the Gift* templates <3

There is a new "Update Templates" button in the Gift tab that will pull the latest templates from the https://2Give.Info website!

legendary

I run a wallet from May 27 to 12-13 hours, but did not receive even a single coin. Why is this so? In my console started yet and the team "setgenerate true -1" What else do you need to do to get the coins?

2GIVE is does not mine if there is nothing to work on.   I need to get this into a FAQ ;-)

Every half hour (currently) the SNF seed nodes bounce 100K blocks of coins between each other at :15 and :45 past the hour -- this creates a block reward of 1,000 coins in the TXFEEs.

You are competing with on average 80-120 other wallets.

My recommend is just set it run in the background and check on it once a day.

Otherwise, if you want to get coins you can get them cheap on the exchanges and then hold on to them for a minimum of 30 days to start earning 5% interest.

-dvd
In General, something I have with mining as it is not very goes. In the screenshot you can see everything http://prnt.sc/b6e1b0
 Huh Huh Huh
Maybe all the same I something not so made...

Kseroks - look in PM

How can one join the airdrop? What are the instructions to follow to be part of the 2GIVE airdrop campaign?

Welcome Future Stakeholder!

1. Download the 2GIVE wallet software:

http://2Give.Info/#download

2. In the Options menu enable:

"Compete for block rewards by mining (POW)"

3. Leave the wallet running in the background

2GIVE takes on average 1-2% CPU so it's safe to leave running 24x7 !   It is unlike any other crypto out there <3

-dvd
I run a wallet from May 27 to 12-13 hours, but did not receive even a single coin. Why is this so? In my console started yet and the team "setgenerate true -1" What else do you need to do to get the coins?
legendary
Hey Stakeholders check this out!!

Our paperwallet "Gift*card" system is now fully powered by an external .html template system!!

Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
Good Morning Stakeholders!

Quick RC5 Update:

Hoping to have RC5 available for download by Sunday -- stay tuned!

-dvd

Great to see the improvements being constantly pushed, if you would need anyone to help with testing on Windows or Linux & Edge, FireFox, Chrome. Message me, I would like to help with testing if needed & also in the future maybe donate a very good portion of TechCoin & FireCoin? Thanks again for the daily updates dvd, looking forward to the weekend.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Thanks for all the info about the airdrop.

The gift cards feature is a nice addition to the 2give project. Glad to read this thread today.
legendary
Good Morning Stakeholders!

Quick RC5 Update:

We're working on a "deployment system" for the Gift*Card templates -- so that the wallet can get an updated list of approved templates from the 2Give.Info website directly.

Because the wallet uses the desktop browser to render and print Gift*Cards, the plan is to use the digital signature system to only permit approved SNF templates to be used since we do not want someone to try and use this feature as a means of attacking a user.*

This will be a key technology for us as we plan for RC6 which has a primary deliverable of downloading the "Donate" list from the DoABitofGood.com website <3

Hoping to have RC5 available for download by Sunday -- stay tuned!

-dvd

* While the wallet will have the download URL embedded in it, an attacker could trick your computer into pulling the templates from a different website -- or put poisoned templates into your wallet directory.  To protect you against this, we will digitally sign the hash of each template and use a public address compiled into the wallet to check that the file is recognized and has not been tampered with.
Pages:
Jump to: