Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 25. (Read 99014 times)

legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
SNF is pleased to announce that it has successfully incorporated the "vanitygen" source code into it's wallet to speed up the creation of Gift* card paper wallet addresses -- this SLASHES the time to find a matching address from minutes to a few seconds <3

We'll work to add this into command line / console so that you can leverage the power of the built in vanitygen tool to make custom addresses of your own!  Something like

getnewaddress [account] [prefix]

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

Mining is OPT IN by default (not set) -- we don't assume you want to POW mine.  We do assume you want to POS stake, but you can OPT OUT of that.

-dvd
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, now I'll know.
legendary
Yesterday I accidentally found out about your coin, download and run the wallet for a few hours, but did not "caught". Today also launched, but it is empty. Or you need to have coins there? Today I bought Yobit.net 1000 coins. I hope that soon get a few coins while running the wallet. Amazing you have created a wallet-running and does not load the computer ?! I have not seen such. Kudos to you!

Did you turn on "Compete for block rewards?" In the options?

No - check the settings I did not set. Who has disabled this function, Thank you.

Mining is OPT IN by default (not set) -- we don't assume you want to POW mine.  We do assume you want to POS stake, but you can OPT OUT of that.

-dvd
Yesterday I accidentally found out about your coin, download and run the wallet for a few hours, but did not "caught". Today also launched, but it is empty. Or you need to have coins there? Today I bought Yobit.net 1000 coins. I hope that soon get a few coins while running the wallet. Amazing you have created a wallet-running and does not load the computer ?! I have not seen such. Kudos to you!

No - check the settings I did not set. Who has disabled this function, Thank you.
legendary
Recent rise of Bitcoin is having a negative impact especially on new altcoins as 2GIVE. Let's see how the price rebounds, when the Bitcoin pressure releases a bit.

Agreed, except that at current rate, 18 satoshi (or what I call "noncents") -- is causing the marketcap to inflate ;-)

It's all good!  This is fueled by the crypto savvy.

2GIVE is for everyone else.

Especially when we start dropping 2GIVE in the real world to bring more people into the economy.  Think about it!?

2GIVE could be someones FIRST intro to crypto <3

-dvd
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
Recent rise of Bitcoin is having a negative impact especially on new altcoins as 2GIVE. Let's see how the price rebounds, when the Bitcoin pressure releases a bit.
legendary
Going down do 10 Sat, this coin is facing the same destiny as Water.

2Give has some unique features like the mining, once the markets realize this the price will go up. This is not just a random clone!

While I have a policy of not speculating on price (along with a ZERO daytrade agreement with our attorneys until some time in the future when we will publicly disclose any coin sales that would benefit Strength in Numbers Foundation well in advance of the sale on any public exchange) -- I can "hope" that all of the 2GIVE stakeholders are rewarded for their support!

My best advice to everyone (and this actually applies to ALL coinbases) -- pull your coins out of the exchanges -- especially any POS coins since the exchanges are not staking for you.   Its not only safer to prevent another exchange train wreck -- but it ALSO cuts the SUPPLY-SIDE down -- fewer coins at the exchanges has the most impact on price and its the only thing within your personal control.

When we complete the Gift* work we'll do a press release to mainstream media -- and then re-amplify again when we have the mobile wallets (work has already started on exploring if we can leverage the IOS "breadwallet" codebase) -- still exploring what our options are for Android.

We have also decided to explore putting a wallet on Chromebooks as well -- since its so low power anyone could mine with even the minimal hardware.

The Release Candidate Five (RC5) is being pushed to GIT as we make changes.  The most recent change I just pushed disables the RPC mining commands GETWORK, GETWORKEX & SUBMITBLOCK.    They along with the IRC bootstrap code are scheduled to be removed from the codebase.   This combined with our novel mining system of not allowing "Proof of Waste" mining will make it significantly harder for pools to try and spin up a 2GIVE pool.  It also makes it harder for anyone to try and leverage ASIC or GPU assisted equipment.

We WILL however be adding in AUXPOW support so that 2GIVE can be leveraged for other chains in the future <3

The CHECKPOINTS subsystem has been patched as well but not turned up just yet to make sure we do not break the RC4 wallets.  In fact its amusing how many "clones" out there did not implement their own keys (along with the alert keys) -- you can tell a crappy coinbase by the fact that you're getting checkpoint errors and a "getcheckpoint" command returns block zero  (I'm looking at you PMP & CAPT ;-)

-dvd
Activity: 814

2Give has some unique features like the mining, once the markets realize this the price will go up. This is not just a random clone!
legendary

legendary

Just added a secondary block explorer (pre-paid for a year):

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/2give/
I love this explorer, good job DvD..

Thank you :-)

I like that it gives us different summary statistics than the blockexpert version.

Tells me how the coins are distributed -- we have some work to do to 2GIVE it all away (that's the SNF goal) -- which we will do through on-going "air-drops" until we're no longer the majority holder.

The "Market Cap" is interesting, but I wouldn't obsess about it -- that's a wall street game.

The tokens are going to matter more when we get the Gift* card capability online combined with the mobile apps.  It will gamify 2GIVE in a way that no other coin has done to day.  It will introduce crypto to the next generation...

Think about Yelp! meets Social Tipping.

Put a small sticker in the window of your business and people can snap scan and then send them some coins to show support.  Businesses can buy blocks of coins and then give them away as part of their loyalty rewards programs.

When someone checks in at a location by sending 1 coin the system can reward them by sending back 10 coins if the merchant is participating -- or someone could make a geo-tagging game out of it by posting a little qr-code on a tree in a park and then for everyone who tags it with a coin could get more coins back.   Easy to create competition games to see who has the most street cred.

Right now the best thing everyone can do is to pull their coins out of the exchanges and keep them in their wallets where they can stake 5% interest and help us keep the network secure.  It's safer holding your own coins anyway right?

-dvd
Activity: 548
Merit: 501

I love this explorer, good job DvD..
legendary

legendary

LOL -- it's been trading for less than a week!

2GIVE has a strategic roadmap and backing.

The reality is that we are currently barred from trading and we have made ZERO buys/sells.  We have to maintain that to build confidence and transparency in the base.

I've been watching the Bittrex address and am pleased to see that people are moving them out of the exchange.

Economics are powered by "Supply & Demand"

Pull the Supply away -- it's the only lever you have.

Pull your coins out of the exchange and stake them!

Also consider introducing 2GIVE to more people!

I can relay that once the "Gift" system is working we'll be making some press release announcements in mainstream media...

-dvd
Activity: 925
legendary

That update on the Gift tab looks good Smiley

Thanks!  One of the things that is on the strategic road map is migrating the database to SQLite away from BDB -- something that the Bitcoin Core group has stated is part of their plans.

I think what I'm going to do is take the time to implement the GIFT system using SQLite as a first step to that migration.

-dvd
Activity: 76
Merit: 12
legendary
Activity: 925
When LISK pump is over, I wonder where all the profits will go.  Grin May here?
Activity: 548
Merit: 501
Thanks DvD, PMed my 2GIVE address  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: