Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 27. (Read 99014 times)

legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
It turns out my laptop something can. Himself in shock. Shocked Shocked Shocked  All the link: http://prnt.sc/b6smzx   Shocked Shocked Shocked

wow...

how long?

It's totally random -- really really -- it depends on the number of wallets online at any given moment -- I can tell you that we're averaging around 80 connections on our seed nodes, but that doesn't tell us how many people have POW mining enabled...

I hope what has been demonstrated here by our newest stakeholder kseroks is that EVERYONE can contribute to securing our chain.

And how cool is that?

We can use basic SCRYPT and strip the advantage from ASIC miners and POOLS !?

It's Better 2GIVE!
legendary
It turns out my laptop something can. Himself in shock. Shocked Shocked Shocked  All the link: http://prnt.sc/b6smzx   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Say it with me:

It's Better 2GIVE!

legendary
Hi!

I'm also new in 2GIVE! How to compete for PoW Blocks? is it enough to use the CPU for mining?

Console: setgenerate true

I tried this and the wallet showed an activated PoW Blocks Icon but still hardly used the CPU?

You're discovering why we say:

It's Better 2GIVE!

The wallet is UBER efficient -- it ONLY mines when there is something to work on!  In 2GIVE, we do not support "Proof of Waste" mining since the chain will not accept zero value blocks!

The wallet sleeps until something shows up in the mempool and then will SPIKE hashing to find the NONCE to solve the POW block, which is ONLY based on the 1% TXFEEs that ride with it.

This means many things for 2GIVE stakeholders:

1. Your transactions are going to be confirmed initially in a lightning fast manner, which builds confidence by recipients
2. EVERY WALLET can participate in mining with an "equitable" chance of winning the block reward
3. There is almost ZERO incentive for a pools or even ASIC miners to compete for most blocks unless the reward is sufficient
4. There is no penalty for leaving your wallet open and even mining 24x7 -- its not gonna burn up your CPU!

All the details can be found in our whitepaper/design document/value proposition:

http://bit.ly/2GiveCoin

-dvd
Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

wow...

how long?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Hi!

I'm also new in 2GIVE! How to compete for PoW Blocks? is it enough to use the CPU for mining?

I tried this and the wallet showed an activated PoW Blocks Icon but still hardly used the CPU?

Yes that is correct it will only mine blocks that have tx fees in them as that is the reward the 1% tx fee so if the block has no tx fee's your cpu will basically be a sleep , so it very energy officiant  only uses power when it needs to, so for example if the block is a pos block it basically just bypasses  it and has a snooze ..then if a block comes thru that has a tx fee in it , it grabs a quick coffee and get to work and competes against every one else , SO MAY THE BEST CPU WIN!!!
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001
Hi!

uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
Ok, that answers my second question, how many confirmations you need once you stake in order to have your coins back in the operable state.
But my original question was: how old your blocks have to be so that you are able to stake (maturity)?

Sorry, staking is a 30 day minimum holding period and a 90 day maximum

Coins are eligible to stake 5% per annum every 30 days.

If you wallet is shutdown for more then 90 days it won't stake -- you'd have to send the coins back to your self ( or some transaction making change) to restart.

Basically it encourages people to fire up the wallets -- and hopefully to just leave them running since it takes SO LITTLE CPU -- and you can compete for block rewards ;-)

-dvd
ok, thanks for the clarification and answers to my both questions.
legendary
Ok, that answers my second question, how many confirmations you need once you stake in order to have your coins back in the operable state.
But my original question was: how old your blocks have to be so that you are able to stake (maturity)?

Sorry, staking is a 30 day minimum holding period and a 90 day maximum

Coins are eligible to stake 5% per annum every 30 days.

If you wallet is shutdown for more then 90 days it won't stake -- you'd have to send the coins back to your self ( or some transaction making change) to restart.

Basically it encourages people to fire up the wallets -- and hopefully to just leave them running since it takes SO LITTLE CPU -- and you can compete for block rewards ;-)

-dvd
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
Sorry for a newbie question, but how much time (confirmations) does it take to get coins mature for staking (PoS)?
On the PoW front, have the wallet on for the last 2 days and still wasn't lucky to get the tx fee. There are a lot of people competing, which is great!

4 confirms for normal sends, and 10 confirms for POS and for POW block rewards

We're just 5 days away from the first non SNF POS eligible stakes and 7 away from when we first started the "air drop" of 1K block rewards every half hour.

We'll see how self sufficient the chain is then and if necessary either allow more SNF genesis wallets to start staking and/or continue the "air drop" but shift it forward by 15-mins to start filling in cadence to yield a minimum 15-minute target blocktime for stakers.

-dvd
legendary
Sorry for a newbie question, but how much time (confirmations) does it take to get coins mature for staking (PoS)?
On the PoW front, have the wallet on for the last 2 days and still wasn't lucky to get the tx fee. There are a lot of people competing, which is great!

4 confirms for normal sends, and 10 confirms for POS and for POW block rewards

We're just 5 days away from the first non SNF POS eligible stakes and 7 away from when we first started the "air drop" of 1K block rewards every half hour.

We'll see how self sufficient the chain is then and if necessary either allow more SNF genesis wallets to start staking and/or continue the "air drop" but shift it forward by 15-mins to start filling in cadence to yield a minimum 15-minute target blocktime for stakers.

-dvd
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder

RC5-DEV has been pushed to GIT with a display fix, hopefully for both self-sends and for staking blocks

I may need to release a RC4.1 since staking is about to kick in for everyone else starting on the 25th...

-dvd

I'm buying a shitload of this coin so that I'm ready for steaking and then I'll have a juicy steak in my garden. Smiley

LOL -- thanks for your support -- POS mining is actually VERY beneficial for the network and helps secure the chain.

I don't consider it to be a selfish activity at all.

You'll earn 5% per annum, and everyone else gets a chance to compete for 1% of your coins when you decide to send some to the exchange.

;-)
legendary
Is this coin at a good entry point now you guys think or should i buy at 20-30 level?

"The worth of a thing is the price it will bring"

Generally the standard investing advice is to "average cost it over time"

At a minimum you should get the wallet and turn on POW rewards
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
Is this coin at a good entry point now you guys think or should i buy at 20-30 level?
In General, something I have with mining as it is not very goes. In the screenshot you can see everything http://prnt.sc/b6e1b0
 Huh Huh Huh
Maybe all the same I something not so made...

You're currently competing with at least 84 other people at the moment -- according to the number of connections on our seed nodes.

At a minimum you have a chance to earn 1000 coins every half hour -- and anytime someone else sends coins around on the network -- the 1% TXFEE is what you have a chance to earn.

Good luck!

Well, with my laptop to get coins it will be very difficult...I Think that he is already old for such Affairs.

You might be surprised!

Or you could post your Give* address here and maybe someone in the community would send you a "welcome gift" ;-)

The hint. Grin Grin Grin  Give4ubvL1krXdX77pWnajdFe6uc42p5B5
legendary
In General, something I have with mining as it is not very goes. In the screenshot you can see everything http://prnt.sc/b6e1b0
 Huh Huh Huh

You're currently competing with at least 84 other people at the moment -- according to the number of connections on our seed nodes.

At a minimum you have a chance to earn 1000 coins every half hour -- and anytime someone else sends coins around on the network -- the 1% TXFEE is what you have a chance to earn.

Good luck!

Well, with my laptop to get coins it will be very difficult...I Think that he is already old for such Affairs.

You might be surprised!

Or you could post your Give* address here and maybe someone in the community would send you a "welcome gift" ;-)

Huh Huh Huh

Good luck!

legendary
 Huh Huh Huh

Good luck!
 Huh Huh Huh
legendary
Just announced on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/projectgivecoin/

Development has begun on the "Gift*" paper wallets!!

Soon you'll be able to create your own GiftCards inside of the 2GIVE Desktop wallet 🎁

We envision this as a template driven system open to anyone to create (and sell!) so that we can start doing "social tipping" in the real world ❤️

This could be one of the first 2GIVE MarketPlace offerings -- where anyone can create custom paper wallet templates and then sell them -- more details soon.

Pages:
Jump to: