Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 57. (Read 99005 times)

legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
I'm delighted to announce that just a few minutes ago we were able to successfully build a brand new Mac OS X GiveCoin-Qt wallet and have begun testing it!

Once tests are done and the build environment has been backedup/imaged (so that we can clone it) - we will start work on building out our Windows Development environment.

Once we can successfully demonstrate our ability to reliably produce production equivalent wallets we will begin enhancing the codebase for a Givecoin 2.0 aka "2Give" release.

In the meantime we appreciate the network hashpower you are giving the project <3

Sincerely,

David V Duccini
Executive Director
doabitofgood.com
legendary
Just put it out on Twitter a moment ago that doabitofgood.com now has a functioning Mac OS X build server capable of generating Qt based wallets!

Just have a config issue to deal with regarding header files and libraries, but the good news is that I was able to use brew to install qt-4 and then built Qt Creator 2.5 from source without error.  Even fires up nice and pretty ;-)

More as it happens!

-dvd

PS: This also means we will be able to assist other coins in building Mac versions of their wallets!   PM me for details
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
legendary
Hit a roadblock this weekend trying to get Qt 4.8.6 to build the i386 libraries on the native 32-bit iMac -- ran out of memory while linking the webcore archive.

Now trying for a cross-compile from a 64-bit machine with an -arch i386 compile flag set.

Also, soliciting Windows 7/8 build advice -- the consensus suggests that cross-compiling it from a Ubuntu Linux MinGW environment is "less frustrating" than trying to do it on a native Windows box.

More as it happens!

-dvd
legendary
UPDATED

I'm happy to report out that doabitofgood.com was able to successfully rebuild Givecoind under Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" on a 32-bit iMac (the official Litecoin released wallet is built on this config)

The Givecoind is online and syncing with the network at the moment (up to 30K blocks so far).

Required a couple of tweaks to the makefile.osx that I've noted.

And one stupid bug in net.cpp

The Mac wallet is fully sync'd up and I've just run a test send of 1,000 coins from a cloud linux wallet to the Mac Wallet in the lab and it appears to have worked!

http://explorer.givecoin.info/tx/8f100fe0e6eb4a0c4e29296f1eb7002bd3b5f73d3d91b1cf8f4934323f21a171#i0

Once confirmed I'll send the coins back as part of exercising the daemon.

Next up?  Attempt to build a -QT version

Stay tuned!

-dvd
Activity: 548
Merit: 501
looking forward for new wallet release  Grin
legendary
give every for free lol

That's actually our plan!  To use our 2Give as a source of matching-donor funds.

Check out

https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit

Our first campaign is centered on high school robotics teams!

-dvd
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
give every for free lol
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I surely hope this works out !  Cheesy
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: