Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant - page 10. (Read 58412 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015
Strength in numbers
Is BitInstant ever planning on supporting PNC Bank (or other smaller banks)? I know they're mainly an east-coast bank, but for me (And I'd hope some others), there is a PNC within 5 minutes of work, home, AND school.

Must be a walmart, CVS or 7-11 nearby too right?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Is BitInstant ever planning on supporting PNC Bank (or other smaller banks)? I know they're mainly an east-coast bank, but for me (And I'd hope some others), there is a PNC within 5 minutes of work, home, AND school.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Because Bitinstant isn't (currently?) an exchange; they only facilitate you getting money into the existing exchanges.

In other words they aren't interested in converting USD to Bitcoin for customers.  No wonder there's no indication of an exchange rate.  I checked the coinapult option and they charge 1% for conversion, but don't indicate how coinapult determines the exchange rate.

Hey, we actually do tell you the exchange rate and how we determine it.

If you make a quote, on the second page it says:

Within 60 minutes of your payment, an equivalent amount of Bitcoin will be purchased at the current market price, automatically. These coins will then be sent to you via our partner, Coinapult.com. The email will come from Coinapult with instructions on how to send your coins wherever you'd like.

Please note, Coinapult will charge an extra 1% for the USD to BTC conversion.

The current best estimate for the amount of BTC you will receive from this transaction is ____ BTC

Thanks
Activity: 444
I prefer evolution to revolution.
Because Bitinstant isn't (currently?) an exchange; they only facilitate you getting money into the existing exchanges.

In other words they aren't interested in converting USD to Bitcoin for customers.  No wonder there's no indication of an exchange rate.  I checked the coinapult option and they charge 1% for conversion, but don't indicate how coinapult determines the exchange rate.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
I looked through the FAQ for "bitcoin address" because it makes sense to me for one of the options under "PayTo?" at BitInstant to be "My Bitcoin address", but that option isn't there.  Why is that?
Activity: 444
I prefer evolution to revolution.
I looked through the FAQ for "bitcoin address" because it makes sense to me for one of the options under "PayTo?" at BitInstant to be "My Bitcoin address", but that option isn't there.  Why is that?
legendary
Oh, and Charlie, if you could make it so that I could bring Bitcoins to Walmart and have them give me dollars, pounds, euros, reais or whatever, that would close the circle quite nicely!

But it might be asking a bit much, maybe  Cheesy

Previous comments states this is coming within 4 weeks.

I hope within that time.

Will update soon. We have some new features before we do that.
Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
Oh, and Charlie, if you could make it so that I could bring Bitcoins to Walmart and have them give me dollars, pounds, euros, reais or whatever, that would close the circle quite nicely!

Previous comments states this is coming within 4 weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

Yes this!!  I would be willing to pay a fee for it...
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

legendary
I love you guys, and hope you're being wildly successful... but:

Plugging in "Deposit $200, get $192" for a cash deposit and then finding out I'll actually have to bring $204.95 or $201.58 because of an extra third-party processing fee feels like bait-and-switch to me. Don't you know in advance how much the payment processors will charge?  Does it vary based on location or something?

Thanks Gavin.

We're still negotiating with our partners on the fee's. The past 3 days, the $3.95 fee actually wasn't there, and zipzap brought it back.

We will adjust the formula so it shows accurately.

Are you coming to Vienna next week?

-Charlie
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2222
Chief Scientist
I love you guys, and hope you're being wildly successful... but:

Plugging in "Deposit $200, get $192" for a cash deposit and then finding out I'll actually have to bring $204.95 or $201.58 because of an extra third-party processing fee feels like bait-and-switch to me. Don't you know in advance how much the payment processors will charge?  Does it vary based on location or something?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
@Yankee . You are going to get rich off this.  Kiss
legendary
I think that you should make the bitinstant website more mobile friendly. Maybe create a bitinstant app for android or something. I tried to make an order from my smartphone and could not fill the form to generate the payment. It would be perfect if i could make the order from my phone right at walmart and just use the numbers in the zipzap receipt to fill the moneygram slip and receive the funds instantly on my Mtgox mobile app.

1 day at a time my friend, 1 day at a time.

This is in development!
legendary
Activity: 1274
I think that you should make the bitinstant website more mobile friendly. Maybe create a bitinstant app for android or something. I tried to make an order from my smartphone and could not fill the form to generate the payment. It would be perfect if i could make the order from my phone right at walmart and just use the numbers in the zipzap receipt to fill the moneygram slip and receive the funds instantly on my Mtgox mobile app.

Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
Another thing I was annoyed by was the addition of the moneygram fee.  It would be nice on the quote page to have an asterisk* saying that an additional Moneygram fee may apply if the deposit location you choose utilizes moneygram.  Or something like that with better wording Wink

I dont know that that is exactly the case.. I had opted for "bitcoins-to-email" and used the red money gram phone at my local albertson's super market. I was not charged a convenience fee.. Both me and the cashier were suprised there was no convenience fee  but everything went through super fast. Bitcoins arrived in my inbox within 2 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Support phone number goes to a google voicemail box.

Edit: I hope its not costing anyone anything for me to be creating lots of "payment slips" I never intend on paying...

We were on the phone when you called. Email support is MUCH faster, only use phone is its an emergency please as we have limited lines.

Email support was VERY quick.  And although I had much confusion in my experience, I had $$ sitting in my MtGox account before I got home from the store.

Another thing I was annoyed by was the addition of the moneygram fee.  It would be nice on the quote page to have an asterisk* saying that an additional Moneygram fee may apply if the deposit location you choose utilizes moneygram.  Or something like that with better wording Wink
legendary

Edit: I hope its not costing anyone anything for me to be creating lots of "payment slips" I never intend on paying...

We were on the phone when you called. Email support is MUCH faster, only use phone is its an emergency please as we have limited lines.
legendary
Activity: 1008

legendary
Thanks for the reply.  This is my first time using your service.

I think it would be great to change the button from saying "send funds" to "get quote".  That send funds button scares me.

So to confirm, I can only deposit at one of the "Payment Center" locations that show up on the zip zap page?

Edit: Also videos are better than PDF's.  But PDF's showing screenshots of the whole process is better than nothing. Smiley

Pleasure! And thank you for the suggestions.

I agree with the text change, we will discuss it today and come up with the best text but I like 'Get Quote'

You can deposit at any of them! However, if you choose Moneygram is has to be a MG location. If you choose 7-11 it has to be a 7-11 location.
You can see ALL locations here: https://www.cashpayment.com/#paymentcenters

I agree, video's are a tad more expensive. We had a cool video maker at the office the other day, so we should knock out a deal hopefully within a few days.

It's a shame that there isn't a way to make it completely integrated so no one ever leaves the Bitinstant site. That would be totally the best solution, but I'm assuming the only reason you haven't done that is because ZipZap won't let you.

Great minds think alike!

The reason we haven't done the complete white label integration is because it would have delayed the launch a few weeks for extra development.
We wanted Bitcoiners to utilize new locations as fast as possible. We're working on it as we speak.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Charlie
Pages:
Jump to: