Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant - page 11. (Read 58412 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Yeah I can see where confusion would set it for a new user. No user that I know of does a lot of reading before poking buttons, so what I would suggest is that you use the above suggestion to call the button "get quote" or something like that, and perhaps a popup help tip that tells the user they will be redirected to the ZipZap site to complete the transaction.

It's a shame that there isn't a way to make it completely integrated so no one ever leaves the Bitinstant site. That would be totally the best solution, but I'm assuming the only reason you haven't done that is because ZipZap won't let you.

Yeah I didnt want to start clicking buttons labled "send funds" before I knew what I was doing... but I sort of had to.  Also I had no idea I would be re directed to ZipZap.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Yeah I can see where confusion would set it for a new user. No user that I know of does a lot of reading before poking buttons, so what I would suggest is that you use the above suggestion to call the button "get quote" or something like that, and perhaps a popup help tip that tells the user they will be redirected to the ZipZap site to complete the transaction.

It's a shame that there isn't a way to make it completely integrated so no one ever leaves the Bitinstant site. That would be totally the best solution, but I'm assuming the only reason you haven't done that is because ZipZap won't let you.
legendary
Thanks for the reply.  This is my first time using your service.

I think it would be great to change the button from saying "send funds" to "get quote".  That send funds button scares me.

So to confirm, I can only deposit at one of the "Payment Center" locations that show up on the zip zap page?

Edit: Also videos are better than PDF's.  But PDF's showing screenshots of the whole process is better than nothing. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1078
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Sorry If I just made a silly mistake and dont understand but, I feel like this process could be much more straight forward...

I want to make a deposit at CVS.  I chose CVS to Mtgox filled in my information and hit "Send funds" (Very strange language to be at this step)
Then after hitting another ambiguous button "GO" I am brought to a new web page.
ZipZap... I thought zipzap was another different payment method... I wanted to do a cash deposit...
Furthermore the ZipZap page I was directed to doesn't list CVS as an available 'Payment Center'
I have not filled out anything on the ZipZap page as of now.

At this point Im not sure If I have created an order with you guys or what the status of my "Order" is.

So help?  Will choosing Walmart deposit also direct me to ZipZap? Does ZipZap charge a fee on top of the fees listed on your site?  At what point have I created an 'order' with you, at which point I would be required to go deposit money?

Hey,

You are over thinking it.

It works the same way our cash bank deposits work.

Simple enter your MtGox account, the amount, and email address and create a quote. On the next confirmation page hit Go and it will take you to our partner zipzap.

Simply generate a slip at any of the locations and as soon as you make the deposit, within minutes your funds will be at MtGox.

Feel free to have one of our support staff walk you thru it 716-712-4846 or [email protected]

We are working on some 'How it Works' PDF's which we can link to

Thanks

Charlie
legendary
Sorry If I just made a silly mistake and dont understand but, I feel like this process could be much more straight forward...

I want to make a deposit at CVS.  I chose CVS to Mtgox filled in my information and hit "Send funds" (Very strange language to be at this step)
Then after hitting another ambiguous button "GO" I am brought to a new web page.
ZipZap... I thought zipzap was another different payment method... I wanted to do a cash deposit...
Furthermore the ZipZap page I was directed to doesn't list CVS as an available 'Payment Center'
I have not filled out anything on the ZipZap page as of now.

At this point Im not sure If I have created an order with you guys or what the status of my "Order" is.

So help?  Will choosing Walmart deposit also direct me to ZipZap? Does ZipZap charge a fee on top of the fees listed on your site?  At what point have I created an 'order' with you, at which point I would be required to go deposit money?
legendary
Would there be a URL that would cause the page to load with the country already selected?

E.g., If I would llke to give the URL to someone from Brazil, I want them to see Boleto automatically on the drop-down.

Some will get confused after loading the site and not see any payment method they are familiar, not realizing they can use BitInstant just by clicking on the icon for their country.

e.g.,   http://BitInstant.com/br   or http://BitInstant.com/?country=br

Good idea.

I can go a step further and add on an HTTP header location lookup so if their browser allows, it can load Brazil default.

Already the Zipzap page does this.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Would there be a URL that would cause the page to load with the country already selected?

E.g., If I would llke to give the URL to someone from Brazil, I want them to see Boleto automatically on the drop-down.

Some will get confused after loading the site and not see any payment method they are familiar, not realizing they can use BitInstant just by clicking on the icon for their country.

e.g.,   http://BitInstant.com/br   or http://BitInstant.com/?country=br
legendary
Your spinning flash thingy at the bottom still says Bitcoinica. Also, none of them do anything when you click them, should either make them open an associated page in a new tab, or else change the cursor to a standard one and not a hand.

I did not remove Bitcoinica as they have told us they plan on reopening once they return all funds.

Yup, I agree.

We are fixing up the How it Works page right now, so will fix that right after
Activity: 832
At the bottom of the BitInstant page is the message:
"Temporary issues with our "bitcoin to email" service"

Does that mean don't choose that option, or just that there could be issues if you do?

We had a small issue with it, its fixed now and gonna change the message now. Thanks for pointing it out

Thank You Charlie for sharing a Beer with us!! You are a great guy!! Viva Bitinstant.com

Maria.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Your spinning flash thingy at the bottom still says Bitcoinica. Also, none of them do anything when you click them, should either make them open an associated page in a new tab, or else change the cursor to a standard one and not a hand.
legendary

Does that mean don't choose that option, or just that there could be issues if you do?

We had a small issue with it, its fixed now and gonna change the message now. Thanks for pointing it out
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

legendary
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Press release on this subject today... picked up in a few dozen small sites thus far, we'll see how it progresses throughout the day.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9553647.htm
Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
After a couple failed attempts (problems on my side), I just successfully did cash->bitcoins via email.

I paid the cashier $500 USD and by the time I had walked out to get back on my motorcycle, I received an email from coinapult that my Bitcoins were ready to pickup.

Overall, I paid about 5.15% fee ($25.73) .This service is unbelievably awesome compared to previous methods of getting Bitcoin. +10,000 Internets to BitInstant for this service. LOVE IT!

I highly recommend this service for purchases between $100-1,000 USD.. Above that, it starts to make sense to use International wire. Below that, probably dwolla, as shitty as they are, is probably still the most economical bet.
legendary
I was initially excited at the prospect of buying bitcoins at walmart, but if an ID is required, my enthusiasm is dampened.

Do all these CVS/walmart/7-11 type services require ID?

Does bitinstant accept cash-in-the-mail or money orders?

I've made several purchases via CVS moneygram -> bitcoin to e-mail, and I've never had to show any I.D.  The person on the phone does ask for my information however (name, address, and phone number).

Yup!
jco
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I was initially excited at the prospect of buying bitcoins at walmart, but if an ID is required, my enthusiasm is dampened.

I've made several purchases via CVS moneygram -> bitcoin to e-mail, and I've never had to show any I.D.  The person on the phone does ask for my information however (name, address, and phone number).
legendary

Thiago,

Yes, it is a small problem because it is only effecting some Boleto orders, including yours.

You made the transfer Thursday evening, and now its a holiday weekend so a bit of bad luck.

Like I said, your situation is under control. Feel free to make a new Boleto tomorrow.

Thanks

Okay Charlie! I know that was a bid of bad luck... No problem... I trust you.
Tomorrow morning I'll try it again!
Thank you!

-
 Thiago

Cool

I am speaking with Boleto right now, trying to get the issue resolved.

Will update you soon

Charlie
legendary
Activity: 1204
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

Thiago,

Yes, it is a small problem because it is only effecting some Boleto orders, including yours.

You made the transfer Thursday evening, and now its a holiday weekend so a bit of bad luck.

Like I said, your situation is under control. Feel free to make a new Boleto tomorrow.

Thanks

Okay Charlie! I know that was a bid of bad luck... No problem... I trust you.
Tomorrow morning I'll try it again!
Thank you!

-
 Thiago
legendary

No id is needed to deposit.  Only if you screw up and send $100 instead of $103.95.  zipzap will reject and then you have to call moneygram to get your money back.

There is a small issue with Zipzap's system at the moment. Some vendors are screwing up in the process.

I assure you this glitch is a temporary one and will be sorted within a few days.

Specifically, this is reference to the connivence fee. We've had a majority of successful payments, this is a rare issue.

If you have any issues, please email [email protected] with 24/7 service as soon as possible or call our local ny number.

Thanks!

Charlie

Charlie,

I think that there is a huge issue with Zipzap's system, not small.

Bitinstant is fine but, Zipzap does NOT have identified two of my payments, executed day 24... The money isn't in my bank account anymore, since day 24, of course... And Bitinstant does not receive anything from Zipzap yet...

Also, Zipzap tells me by e-mail, on day 25, that my two "boletos" was expired! And I have the payment vouchers in hands... So, not identifying two payments is a huge issue, at least for me, it is...

Anyway, the Bitinstant support (Charlie) is working with me to solve this and nothing bad will happen, I'm sure.

Keep the good work @ Bitinstant!

Can I try it again tomorrow?! Making a new Zipzap "boleto"?

I hope Zipzap works this time. Charlie, do you think that it is safe to use Zipzap again? Or it is better to wait a couple days?!

Also, Bitinstant is doing a "lowercase" at the string of the destination account logins!! If the exchange require a "case sensitive" login to identify its users, this will be a problem too.

Best,
Thiago

Thiago,

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1204
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

No id is needed to deposit.  Only if you screw up and send $100 instead of $103.95.  zipzap will reject and then you have to call moneygram to get your money back.

There is a small issue with Zipzap's system at the moment. Some vendors are screwing up in the process.

I assure you this glitch is a temporary one and will be sorted within a few days.

Specifically, this is reference to the connivence fee. We've had a majority of successful payments, this is a rare issue.

If you have any issues, please email [email protected] with 24/7 service as soon as possible or call our local ny number.

Thanks!

Charlie

Charlie,

I think that there is a huge issue with Zipzap's system, not small.

Bitinstant is fine but, Zipzap does NOT have identified two of my payments, executed day 24... The money isn't in my bank account anymore, since day 24, of course... And Bitinstant does not receive anything from Zipzap yet...

Also, Zipzap tells me by e-mail, on day 25, that my two "boletos" was expired! And I have the payment vouchers in hands... So, not identifying two payments is a huge issue, at least for me, it is...

Anyway, the Bitinstant support (Charlie) is working with me to solve this and nothing bad will happen, I'm sure.

Keep the good work @ Bitinstant!

Can I try it again tomorrow?! Making a new Zipzap "boleto"?

I hope Zipzap works this time. Charlie, do you think that it is safe to use Zipzap again? Or it is better to wait a couple days?!

Also, Bitinstant is doing a "lowercase" at the string of the destination account logins!! If the exchange require a "case sensitive" login to identify its users, this will be a problem too.

Best,
Thiago
Pages:
Jump to: