Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant - page 9. (Read 58412 times)

Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
The teller at my chase bank told me I was the second person that day to make a deposit like that. I live in a quasi rural area, so I was surprised...

Wow. That is awesome... Just the other day I was thinking to myself... If I'm every out and about, and randomly overhear a mention of Bitcoin in some conversation, I think I will figuratively pull down my pants and take a shit in front of everyone right there. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but it made me laugh and hearing "Bitcoin" in a random venue will truly be a memorable day for me.
Lol.

BTW: it really helps wearing one of them bitcoin T-shirts. All of a sudden you get contacted by ppl who heard something and want to know more.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
The teller at my chase bank told me I was the second person that day to make a deposit like that. I live in a quasi rural area, so I was surprised...

Wow. That is awesome... Just the other day I was thinking to myself... If I'm every out and about, and randomly overhear a mention of Bitcoin in some conversation, I think I will figuratively pull down my pants and take a shit in front of everyone right there. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but it made me laugh and hearing "Bitcoin" in a random venue will truly be a memorable day for me.
vip
Activity: 571
Merit: 504
I still <3 u Satoshi
Has Chase Bank been pulled?  I tried to set an order up yesterday and they wont show up on the trustcash map.

Yup, Chase is down for a few days. We are setting up new accounts

Ah! I was wondering about that! I had to drive like a whole extra mile!

legendary
Activity: 1078
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Has Chase Bank been pulled?  I tried to set an order up yesterday and they wont show up on the trustcash map.

Yup, Chase is down for a few days. We are setting up new accounts
Activity: 662
Merit: 545
Activity: 826
I bought Bitcoin at Walmart. I had to pay $243.95 for $228.83937 worth of Bitcoin through Mt Gox.
[edit] they also required ID and phone number.

They are not supposed to ask for your ID, you could have declined.
I tried to decline, she would not process it without ID. I don't know if she put it into the system. Maybe she just didn't know any better.

She probably hasn't had to do that service for someone before. I worked at a truck stop, a good rule of thumb to protect your ass (and your job) is to ask for ID when it comes to things involving money transfers.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I bought Bitcoin at Walmart. I had to pay $243.95 for $228.83937 worth of Bitcoin through Mt Gox.

I tried to decline, she would not process it without ID. I don't know if she put it into the system. Maybe she just didn't know any better.
legendary

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
I just tried the Major Bank Branch -> Bitcoin address deposit method today. It took 19 minutes from the time the teller printed the deposit receipt until my Bitcoin client saw the transaction hit the network.

It's not the cheapest way to get bitcoins, since with the various fees involved I ended up paying $6.58 per bitcoin but it is certainly the fastest way to get them.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
How would we do this without 7-11's involvement? They would never go for it.

That is why I said "you will know Bitcoin has gone mainstream".  When Bitcoin is mainstream 7-11 will be happy to run the promo.  You pay for the slurpees (discounted), they get the more deposit fees, and maybe some of the customers pick up a "Big Bite".  Nothing to lose and everything to win.

I was just thinking ahead 5 years or so.
"People may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one ..."
Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
legendary
No one likes being on the radar  Undecided

Publicity is tempting but often it does not translate to the bottom line and can often harm it by attracting competition and scrutiny. Just keep plugging away. It is awesome being 'silent giant'.

I agree

Coming from the guy who owns 'How to Vanish'

I love this community!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1031

Publicity is tempting but often it does not translate to the bottom line and can often harm it by attracting competition and scrutiny. Just keep plugging away. It is awesome being 'silent giant'.
legendary
You don't know unless you try! Tongue

Of course, and we will!

The reality is this:

Everyone likes making money, everyone likes making money passively and under the radar.

Right now, 7-11 is making money, Walmart is making money, they are both passively making money under the radar.

Once they start actively promoting Bitcoin, now my friends they are on the radar.

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
You don't know unless you try! Tongue
legendary
There is, but bitinstant is about convenience, right?
And if I walk into 7-11 regularly, I'll start putting on slurpee weight Grin

dude I love slurpees lol

You know Bitcoin has hit mainstream when you run a slurpee promotion.  Make a deposit at participating 7-11 and get a free slurpee. 

do this!

Maybe if you email me the slurpee receipt...but that requires to much effort.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

dude I love slurpees lol

You know Bitcoin has hit mainstream when you run a slurpee promotion.  Make a deposit at participating 7-11 and get a free slurpee. 
legendary

dude I love slurpees lol
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Pages:
Jump to: