Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant - page 8. (Read 58412 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Stage 1: Bitcoin doesn't have useful systems built for it.

Stage 2: Bitcoin has useful systems, but they are relatively expensive.

Stage 3: Bitcoin has useful systems, and they are relatively cheap.

Stage 4: Bitcoin takes over the world.

We're in Stage 2, building systems where none existed before. Give it time, and you will see prices come down. Bitcoin allows the baseline sending of money to be near-zero cost, and thus it is inevitable that affiliated service providers will tend toward cheaper rates than those available in non-Bitcoin systems.
Activity: 702
Merit: 503
The developing world is the key. There are a lot of people who don't have access to modern banking and/or are getting gouged by remittance services. Once bitcoins start flowing into those countries all of a sudden they'll have the ability to purchase products and services from overseas they couldn't before and that's how exporters in the developed countries start getting paid in bitcoins.
Not likely, i think. "Bitcoins will start flowing into those countries" Cheesy through the same or similar expensive middlemen. It might not be BitInstant, but some other local one.

So, even if exporters in the developed countries are willing to accept B from the developing world, the average consumer won't be able to afford to buy Bitcoins to spend.

If it's expensive for some of us in the developed world to buy B, it will not "start flowing" to the average consumer in the developing world...

It MIGHT be a new niche value store for the wealthy of both worlds, just as gold and such are today, but not a widespread payment system...

Doesn't seem promising to me.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
With the current fee structure, i think it will be a long time before Bitcoin, not to mention Bit-Pay, is widely accepted.

It's simply too expensive to convert fiat to Bitcoin, not to mention too complicated and time-consuming for the average consumer. So, even if pawn shops accept B, it's not cost-effective for the consumer to pay in B instead of paper, credit cards, and other current devils we already know.

Right now, there are so many expensive middlemen, such as BitInstant, Bit-pay, etcetera, that B is more costly to use than credit cards, not to mention cash.

Calculate for yourself how ridiculously expensive it is just to get fiat in your pocket to an xchange via this CVS/Walmart/blahBlah method. You might win OR lose due to the large xchange rate fluctuations. Plus, unlike paper, it's not anonymous whatsoever...

Due to these costs, i am done with using large xchanges to buy B, unless i absolutely have to.

In the existing environment, we simply replace expensive middlemen like credit card companies, with new expensive middlemen, such as Bitinstant, ZipZap, BitPay, bitcoin xchanges, etc.

The governments are allowing it, because the average consumer would have to be a fool to use B instead of fiat, and pay the Bitcoin middlemen. So, B isn't a threat to fiat now, or in the foreseeable future. IIIFFF and WHEN it ever becomes one, the governments will just make it so that the middlemen have to charge even higher fees to xchange fiat to B...

Until i can get paid in B, i would only buy B privately, and you all know that's not easy, cheap or convenient either for most people. There isn't a private exchanger within 100's of kliks of me.

Good luck with widespread adoption given the current xchange middlemen!  Cheesy
The developing world is the key. There are a lot of people who don't have access to modern banking and/or are getting gouged by remittance services. Once bitcoins start flowing into those countries all of a sudden they'll have the ability to purchase products and services from overseas they couldn't before and that's how exporters in the developed countries start getting paid in bitcoins.
Activity: 702
If you are able to use Bitcoin to send remittance through payment centers and banks, then it will add an order of magnitude of legitimacy to Bitcoin. Before long we'll be seeing Bitpay at pawn shops.
With the current fee structure, i think it will be a long time before Bitcoin, not to mention Bit-Pay, is widely accepted.

It's simply too expensive to convert fiat to Bitcoin, not to mention too complicated and time-consuming for the average consumer. So, even if pawn shops accept B, it's not cost-effective for the consumer to pay in B instead of paper, credit cards, and other current devils we already know.

Right now, there are so many expensive middlemen, such as BitInstant, Bit-pay, etcetera, that B is more costly to use than credit cards, not to mention cash.

Calculate for yourself how ridiculously expensive it is just to get fiat in your pocket to an xchange via this CVS/Walmart/blahBlah method. You might win OR lose due to the large xchange rate fluctuations. Plus, unlike paper, it's not anonymous whatsoever...

Due to these costs, i am done with using large xchanges to buy B, unless i absolutely have to.

In the existing environment, we simply replace expensive middlemen like credit card companies, with new expensive middlemen, such as Bitinstant, ZipZap, BitPay, bitcoin xchanges, etc.

The governments are allowing it, because the average consumer would have to be a fool to use B instead of fiat, and pay the Bitcoin middlemen. So, B isn't a threat to fiat now, or in the foreseeable future. IIIFFF and WHEN it ever becomes one, the governments will just make it so that the middlemen have to charge even higher fees to xchange fiat to B...

Until i can get paid in B, i would only buy B privately, and you all know that's not easy, cheap or convenient either for most people. There isn't a private exchanger within 100's of kliks of me.

Good luck with widespread adoption given the current xchange middlemen!  Cheesy
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I've seen it mentioned before on this thread that people outside of the US can still pay through Walmarts if they're available in their country, is this correct? Does anyone know if this would work in England within the ASDA stores? (Since they're a subsidiary of Walmart).
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Great job guys. This will fill one major hurdle in Bitcoin which is the difficulty in actually getting Bitcoins.

Thanks  Grin

Now if we could have the opposite. Go into Walmart with Bitcoins and exchange them for dollars you would have the perfect setup for wire transfers of money that could instantly compete with Western Union.

At least bit-pay can do a direct deposit of cash from BTC...

Should have that launched within 4 weeks or so.

Any chance there is an update?  Not being pushy with the time frame, just very excited!

We have something coming but I can't go into full details just yet
If you are able to use Bitcoin to send remittance through payment centers and banks, then it will add an order of magnitude of legitimacy to Bitcoin. Before long we'll be seeing Bitpay at pawn shops.
Activity: 721
Great job guys. This will fill one major hurdle in Bitcoin which is the difficulty in actually getting Bitcoins.

Thanks  Grin

Now if we could have the opposite. Go into Walmart with Bitcoins and exchange them for dollars you would have the perfect setup for wire transfers of money that could instantly compete with Western Union.

Any chance there is an update?  Not being pushy with the time frame, just very excited!

We have something coming but I can't go into full details just yet
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
So, on the Newbies thread someone posted (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.983040) regarding an issue of not getting their coins for more than 12 hours.

I just came here to ask about BitInstant. I have used them before and it was indeed 'instant', but I did $1200 in deposits with them yesterday and I still haven't received anything from them! Nor have they responded to my support email.

I have recently suffered from the same problem, I thought it was caused by writing a check rather than depositing cash directly, but I could be wrong.

I paid by cash on Wednesday and received my coins in <20 minutes from the time I deposited. Today I deposited (<$1000) by check, and I haven't received my coins yet, for 3 hours now.

I have also received exactly one email regarding my recent transaction, that is my invoice to take to the bank from TrustCash.

Does anybody happen to know what the matter is? Who should I contact here?

Hey,

Your issue is you wrote a check, now we have to wait 3 days until it clears. It's not TrustCASH for nothing  Wink

The customer in the newbies thread and I have been speaking via email.

Thanks!

Charlie

Ah. That makes sense. I don't need the coins immediately, I can wait. Wink

Is that business days or just (regular?) days? Will I receive the coins on Wednesday or Monday?

Hey,

Ok, but please use cash next time, and let us know when you do.

We operate 24/7 so as soon as it clears, we will send the coins.

Im sending you a PM, pelase read ASAP

Charlie

I'll definitely pay with cash next time.  Wink

So, does it take about three business days for the check to clear?
(Also, responded to your PM.)
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
So, on the Newbies thread someone posted (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.983040) regarding an issue of not getting their coins for more than 12 hours.

I just came here to ask about BitInstant. I have used them before and it was indeed 'instant', but I did $1200 in deposits with them yesterday and I still haven't received anything from them! Nor have they responded to my support email.

I have recently suffered from the same problem, I thought it was caused by writing a check rather than depositing cash directly, but I could be wrong.

I paid by cash on Wednesday and received my coins in <20 minutes from the time I deposited. Today I deposited (<$1000) by check, and I haven't received my coins yet, for 3 hours now.

I have also received exactly one email regarding my recent transaction, that is my invoice to take to the bank from TrustCash.

Hey,

Your issue is you wrote a check, now we have to wait 3 days until it clears. It's not TrustCASH for nothing  Wink

Thanks!

Charlie

Is that business days or just (regular?) days? Will I receive the coins on Wednesday or Monday?

Hey,

Ok, but please use cash next time, and let us know when you do.

We operate 24/7 so as soon as it clears, we will send the coins.

Im sending you a PM, pelase read ASAP

Charlie

Hey,

Thanks!

Charlie

legendary

Hey,

Thanks!

Charlie

legendary
Activity: 1008

Thanks  Grin

Any chance there is an update?  Not being pushy with the time frame, just very excited!
Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
...[edit] they also required ID and phone number.
In that case my number is 555-1212.  Roll Eyes
It drives me crazy when a store demands phone or even SS#. I would never even consider giving them real info. I keep several identities just for this purpose. Or I ask for the teller's SS# in return. They never go for that. 

Go with 867-5309 instead, most cashiers are too young to get the joke.

When I was 11 I was still too cool to get this joke - I was listening to 2 tone
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
It drives me crazy when a store demands phone or even SS#. I would never even consider giving them real info. I keep several identities just for this purpose. Or I ask for the teller's SS# in return. They never go for that. 

Damn, a Tutone reference. You beat me.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Activity: 449
Hey,

We get 50+ orders a day from this.

Which store did you go to? Did you go to the Moneygram desk? There are instructions on the slip!

Should have called/email support from the store

Charlie

I went to a local, independently owned convenience store that was listed on the Zip Zap website as the closest one to me. They were not a moneygram location AFAIK.

When I got home I emailed zipzap support and they told me to pick a different location near me and go there.

I picked one that happened to also do Moneygram payments and everything there went off without a hitch.
legendary
How have people's experiences been using this new feature? I just tried for the first time today to deposit at a convenience store and got blank stares from the tellers. They told me to come back later when their boss wasn't too busy to talk to me because they had never heard of zip zap payments before.

I only tried at one place, so maybe my experience was unusual.

Hey,

We get 50+ orders a day from this.

Which store did you go to? Did you go to the Moneygram desk? There are instructions on the slip!

Should have called/email support from the store

Charlie
Activity: 449
How have people's experiences been using this new feature? I just tried for the first time today to deposit at a convenience store and got blank stares from the tellers. They told me to come back later when their boss wasn't too busy to talk to me because they had never heard of zip zap payments before.

I only tried at one place, so maybe my experience was unusual.
Pages:
Jump to: