Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] <808% apr> Drop the Bass!! 17%+ eligible after 8.08+ days - page 29. (Read 111427 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
I think a day after the hardfork we should ALL post on twitter, facebook, and instagram about 808coin at the same time. I think this will help bring new investors in with their new found money and also to remind people that 808 is still strong. Im also going to look into running facebook and instagram ads for that day.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Pos Altcoins Club
here is a reminder to keep calm until btc fork. 808 situation is the same as most altcoins right now:

https://twitter.com/CryptoKirby/status/927199718324752384
Activity: 183
I agree with the notion that we need to increase marketing.  However there is still an underlying problem alluded to in some earlier posts.  If the only purpose of this coin is staking, then it is not sustainable.  The only way to keep the value up (esp in light of the increasing supply) is to bring in new investors.  Those investors will only be able to realize their profit (i.e. sell their coins) by selling to new investors coming in.  When you run out of investors, and you will, there will be lots of sellers but no more buyers and the price crashes.  (Note: That doesn't mean 808 is dead, it could sit at a low level for some time until a fresh group of people come in and want to invest/stake.)

Marketing alone isn't the answer.  If you really want this coin to be successful over the long term, there needs to be uses for it other than staking. 

I agree 100 %. As I mentioned before the person who is in charge about the webse can contact me because I am willing to improve it. But someone has to care about a whitepaper/roadmap/blockexplorer/onlinewallet. Otherwise stacking will not be enough to get new investors.
That's a great idea..how do you do that? I might be willing to pitch in a bounty if I see this done.
Activity: 56
I agree with the notion that we need to increase marketing.  However there is still an underlying problem alluded to in some earlier posts.  If the only purpose of this coin is staking, then it is not sustainable.  The only way to keep the value up (esp in light of the increasing supply) is to bring in new investors.  Those investors will only be able to realize their profit (i.e. sell their coins) by selling to new investors coming in.  When you run out of investors, and you will, there will be lots of sellers but no more buyers and the price crashes.  (Note: That doesn't mean 808 is dead, it could sit at a low level for some time until a fresh group of people come in and want to invest/stake.)

Marketing alone isn't the answer.  If you really want this coin to be successful over the long term, there needs to be uses for it other than staking. 

I agree 100 %. As I mentioned before the person who is in charge about the webse can contact me because I am willing to improve it. But someone has to care about a whitepaper/roadmap/blockexplorer/onlinewallet. Otherwise stacking will not be enough to get new investors.
Activity: 1

Activity: 183
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
The only issue I see with coinsmarkets is that they will stake millions of 808 coins if people decide to stake with them. Then what's to say they don't sell most of the coins staked and only share a small amount with the people storing their coins on there. This could hurt the price even more as the exchange won't care about keeping the coin price steady if they can make a quick buck.

Might have to take right now what we can afford.  We don't have to limit it to them, we can try to get on others as well.
Activity: 257
Merit: 108
The coin has real advantages :
- Wallets are easy to use and functional (with a a Mac wallet as well, that's not that common on HighPos coin)
- skating is really easy, you dont need to worry that much about coin control and do your maths
- it's been around a while and still running.
So I think it can be marketed as the easiest coin to stake (something like that), through forums like this one or twitter (and everybody can retweet and reinforce) and word of mouth can do wonder in crypto land.
However I would wait until after the fork, people should have extra coins (At least I expect most people to sell bitcoin gold for BTC as soon as they get it and even if they are tempted to hold both chains, I expect some play money to go back into alts after the fork). I think that if we have a coordinated campaign then (Your dont know what to do with you extra BTC ? Have you thought of staking ?), that might add to our chances.
And of course a second exchange would be very important, even if it is a small one, because that means more nodes running, even something like tideX would help.
Activity: 18
What currency do you use in your trade?

you can buy 808 with btc ... from here https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home , enjoy !
Activity: 49
Do you have any competitors on the market now? What is your advantage comparing to them?
Activity: 20
Where can I find ur wp?
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
The only issue I see with coinsmarkets is that they will stake millions of 808 coins if people decide to stake with them. Then what's to say they don't sell most of the coins staked and only share a small amount with the people storing their coins on there. This could hurt the price even more as the exchange won't care about keeping the coin price steady if they can make a quick buck.
Activity: 46
When will your Wallet App be fully ready?
Activity: 3
I agree about submitting it to CoinsMarkets.com.  Thats a pretty cool sight. You get payed staking and you can trade their too. It would be like another exchange for 808.  Its been one of my best coins up till recently. I just bought more at 4 sats.  Whats the deal with the Explorer? Is showing friday.
Activity: 19
I am interested in the concept offered by this REAL project, I will invite my friend to invest a bit here and support the real project. Good luck!
Activity: 168
Pos Altcoins Club
we need to decide not to sell 808 at any price. if everyone will devote the next few months to not selling any of 808 coins, but to hold the stakes at your wallet than the price will slowly climb up.

dont count on external factors like forks, btc price and etc.... if we will trust the things that we can control which is keeping the coins in the wallets than the future is bright.

otherwise the only things that will save 808 is a swap, burning coins, lowering apr and / or raising transactions fee to an extreme level.  Shocked

Activity: 56

There is no minimum of 808 coins you have to have to stake. You need to wait at least 8.08 days before you're coins are mature for staking but with that low amount of 38k it might take weeks before you stake you're coins. That is why its best to stake at least 500k to 1 million coins which yirld the best results in a shorter amount of time.

Thanks for the reply. As soon as a movement upwards is coming I will consider buying more coins. But on a long perspective I see several issues:

1) This coin currently does not have any vision. It's just about staking without any additional benefits. To be successful on a medium time scale there has to be just more input. Otherwise it's just a tool for some folks to gather money in a period of a couple of months after the market caps drops to zero.

2) There must be much more marketing, especially a better website.

3) An indicator for the time till the next staking would be extremely useful.

Totally agree.  There are a lot of coins out there.  Without marketing this coin will sadly implode because some people have brought the value down from 20 sat to 5 sat in a week.   I believe that more people will learn about staking and start to buy in greater numbers.   Hopefully, those with deeper pockets can hire some people, buy some banner ads, to repay for what they've received.

I could help design a new homepage. The problem is, that the devs are not know, right?
No one even heads over to our website, 10 people every month? If you wanna edit it I have the info for it, but look how far we've gotten already, a website did not contribute to any of it. Feel free to "enhance" our website though. The vision is to share you're beats produced by you and other's around the world for a share of 808, honor the music industry & the Tr-Roland 808 itself which helped revolutionize a new genre of music. If we need more marketing, then perhaps all of us should market more, I market each day, our twitter grows by the minute, all we do is promote.
Yes, I could install a content management system. That looks muuuch better and is done in a small amount of time. Still 2 things are critical for this coin:

1) Roadmap
2) Coin limitation

Otherwise there is nothing I can put on the homepage!

I also would like to mention: If the price is very low, this also can be a great opportunity earn much interest in a short amount of time.....
Activity: 308
Merit: 24
Interesting project. I will follow him. Developers well done.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
I agree with the recent sentiment about buying the dip. This coin existed for a long, long time. More and more people are getting into staking and I expect them to find their way to 808.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
Right now, the price of this coin is in 4-6 sats range. It is true that 1 week ago, it's in the 20 sat area but due to heavy selloff (maybe because of fork), the price went down drastically. But, we can'h hide the fact we have a great support for this coin as more people are still buying it at this cheap price. It is not too late to accumulate this coin and stake. The moment that we have right is an opportunity that we should take advantage and stack up more 808 coins.
Pages:
Jump to: