Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] <808% apr> Drop the Bass!! 17%+ eligible after 8.08+ days - page 28. (Read 111427 times)

Activity: 397
Merit: 253
woow nice Roi percent for POS coin. I will buy now to POS.
And Dev, you have plan to run masternode ?

No plans to us maternodes for 808. We are working on something to reward the faithful 808 holders though, hopefully we can share more news soon.

Always exciting to see what the community comes up with, some good ideas getting posted lately on the forum.

Maybe we can do a new logo contest/bounty?

YouTube video bounty campaign?
Activity: 994
Merit: 263
PassiveIncomeHunter
The coin falling in price isn't because of Nova closing down, anyway I never saw much volume on that exchange at all. Most of the volume comes from Cryptopia which it always has been ever since I can remember. I have done all I can to help promote 808coin on Twitter, I even brought in a lot of Japanese which helped the coin to grow a lot. I think we need more people promoting 808coin, maybe the dev can start some campaigns, signature, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube campaigns along with Steem and other blog sites.

Marketing is good and right, but what should it promote? The annual coin rate? Many people burned at this, pecking at 1,000 - 10,000%, as investors in EMB or B3 - and lost a lot of money. If the cryptocurrency has no goal, a clear road map and it does not help to solve something in the real world, the number of investors will decrease steadily.
The world has changed a lot, technologies and platforms are growing, like mushrooms after the rain, now - there are too many cryptocurrencies and very few of them will survive - those who connect the cryptospace with something in the real world. That's what you need to think about, if you seriously discuss this topic.

First, the idea, the project and the team - then marketing and advertising. Otherwise it's just an attempt to inflate the HYIP.
Activity: 56
Merit: 10
woow nice Roi percent for POS coin. I will buy now to POS.
And Dev, you have plan to run masternode ?
Activity: 994
Merit: 263
PassiveIncomeHunter
a swap with a certain ratio is also something we need to think about.

maybe to the model roland 909 with 909% apr:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCDro4YerY

In the current conditions, in my opinion, it would be a killer move for the 808.
Now I will make some suggestions that someone might not like here, but are not we here for discussion and including constructive criticism for the development of the future 808?

Imagine that I'm new to the 808 and then I ask the following questions?

1) Why this coin? What is its utility? Than it is fundamentally better than tens and hundreds of others, the same useless?
I have no answer.

2) Where can I use this coin (games, shopping, payment of communication or internet, etc.)?
The answer is obvious: nowhere.

3) Why should the value of the coin grow? It will never be incomplete, because its supply is not limited, the roadmap with a reduction in the rate, too, no. Hence, it is waiting for hyperinflation in all laws of the economy. Nobody buys 808 for dollars, rubles or euros, only bitcoin, basically. And it will not be more than 21 million, as you know. Therefore, before our eyes, the cost of almost all coins with unlimited supply and high rate of price falls below the plinth (examples: IFLT, NKA, 1337, EMB ...).

So, resumming all of the above: why should I invest in a little-known and useless coin? Just for the sake of a small chance to sell it on the pump? Huh
Activity: 118
Guys, cheer up!!

GO!! GO!! GO!!

Mooooooon 808 !!!
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Did some edit's on the website, more updates soon http://808bass.space/

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
price is up by 75% keep on promoting!!!

Yes this is very encouraging signs for 808 i believe it should go back to around 20 to 25 sats very soon we need to spread the message and believe that this is a very unique and special pos coin lets all keep up the good work guys and spread awarness of 808 coin
Activity: 168
Pos Altcoins Club
price is up by 75% keep on promoting!!!
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
No miners at CryptoHub , should I remove the pool?
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
Huge buys on 808, only 58 million left for sale, was up to around 120 million yesterday on cryptopia https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=808_BTC

-snip-

That went too fast.  Grin . I'm just thinking of buying more and adding some to my stack with these cheap prices and my window of opportunity just vanished in just a matter of hours. I can't believe that it would go up this fast. Yes, our price is still low but if you take into consideration the support it has in the lower sats, you could already tell that the community behind this coin is quite formidable. Take note also that this coin still isn't doing any advertisement at all (aside from its Twitter handler).
Huge buys on 808, only 58 million left for sale, was up to around 120 million yesterday on cryptopia https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=808_BTC

Activity: 70
One of the most promissing projects for me… Will see)
I agree with the notion that we need to increase marketing.  However there is still an underlying problem alluded to in some earlier posts.  If the only purpose of this coin is staking, then it is not sustainable.  The only way to keep the value up (esp in light of the increasing supply) is to bring in new investors.  Those investors will only be able to realize their profit (i.e. sell their coins) by selling to new investors coming in.  When you run out of investors, and you will, there will be lots of sellers but no more buyers and the price crashes.  (Note: That doesn't mean 808 is dead, it could sit at a low level for some time until a fresh group of people come in and want to invest/stake.)

Marketing alone isn't the answer.  If you really want this coin to be successful over the long term, there needs to be uses for it other than staking.  

I agree 100 %. As I mentioned before the person who is in charge about the webse can contact me because I am willing to improve it. But someone has to care about a whitepaper/roadmap/blockexplorer/onlinewallet. Otherwise stacking will not be enough to get new investors.
That's a great idea..how do you do that? I might be willing to pitch in a bounty if I see this done.

I made a typo...I was asking: "Who is in charge about the 'website'." Because the access-codes are necessary to bring new content to the website. I think we have to organize the work to be effective. Some people are working on the whitepaper, some on an online-application, this would be much more effective.
We have to be present on

• bitcointalk.org
  • slack
  • steemit
  • twitter
  • facebook
  • reddit
  • a good designed website
  • github
  • etc
The coin has real advantages :
- Wallets are easy to use and functional (with a a Mac wallet as well, that's not that common on HighPos coin)
- skating is really easy, you dont need to worry that much about coin control and do your maths
- it's been around a while and still running.
So I think it can be marketed as the easiest coin to stake (something like that), through forums like this one or twitter (and everybody can retweet and reinforce) and word of mouth can do wonder in crypto land.
However I would wait until after the fork, people should have extra coins (At least I expect most people to sell bitcoin gold for BTC as soon as they get it and even if they are tempted to hold both chains, I expect some play money to go back into alts after the fork). I think that if we have a coordinated campaign then (Your dont know what to do with you extra BTC ? Have you thought of staking ?), that might add to our chances.
And of course a second exchange would be very important, even if it is a small one, because that means more nodes running, even something like tideX would help.

Sorry, this is [at the moment] nonsense.
- Almost all wallets are based on bitcoin-core and some qt gui.
- Staking is very is: This is right for every proof of stake coin.
- it's been around a while and still running? Compare with bitcoin.

--> Vision is missing
--> Coin amount limitation is missing
--> Something outstanding is missing
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
I agree with the notion that we need to increase marketing.  However there is still an underlying problem alluded to in some earlier posts.  If the only purpose of this coin is staking, then it is not sustainable.  The only way to keep the value up (esp in light of the increasing supply) is to bring in new investors.  Those investors will only be able to realize their profit (i.e. sell their coins) by selling to new investors coming in.  When you run out of investors, and you will, there will be lots of sellers but no more buyers and the price crashes.  (Note: That doesn't mean 808 is dead, it could sit at a low level for some time until a fresh group of people come in and want to invest/stake.)

Marketing alone isn't the answer.  If you really want this coin to be successful over the long term, there needs to be uses for it other than staking. 

I agree 100 %. As I mentioned before the person who is in charge about the webse can contact me because I am willing to improve it. But someone has to care about a whitepaper/roadmap/blockexplorer/onlinewallet. Otherwise stacking will not be enough to get new investors.

I am willing to help improve 808, work on the website and improve the marketing and the messaging. I am doing this already for a small $100K market cap coin.

But before we go out market this like crazy we need to create a vision for the coin. What does this coin want to be when it grows up?  What are the use cases? The best use case seems to me to be raising money for the music industry or music education, e.g. helping fund education for music teachers. http://www.wqxr.org/story/173373-five-charities-devoted-music-education/ How does the community feel about using this coin for charitable donations? My two nieces play the piano and this has been a life changing investment and I am sure others may be supportive of this idea. Are there are any business owners on this forum that would consider accepting 808 for their goods and service? How does the community feel about using this coin for charity donations in general? 

We need some tie to the real world, staking alone is not a use case otherwise this coin begins to resemble a Ponzi scheme where early investors earn good returns and late investors are left holding the bag once the price collapses due to excessive supply like what happened with Embercoin and InflationCoin that are both now in death spirals. 

Sounds like great ideas. Maybe a music streaming platform that pays artist in 808coin every time they post music or something?

I really like all these ideas and will be willing to support them as much as I can. I would like to see the dev share his input on all these great ideas that the community is coming up with as we haven't even seen him in here for a while. Not sure what the reason is because not too long ago the dev was always in here posting and answering people but now nothing. Pink coin has a good concept when it comes to charities so maybe we can do something similar to Pink coin, even 1337 coin has Holding at home which seems to be working well which is to do with helping world causes. There is so much we can do with 808 coin but the dev needs to chime in and start getting active again.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
What the hell happened to the market? It crashed!! Sad
Activity: 57
I agree with the notion that we need to increase marketing.  However there is still an underlying problem alluded to in some earlier posts.  If the only purpose of this coin is staking, then it is not sustainable.  The only way to keep the value up (esp in light of the increasing supply) is to bring in new investors.  Those investors will only be able to realize their profit (i.e. sell their coins) by selling to new investors coming in.  When you run out of investors, and you will, there will be lots of sellers but no more buyers and the price crashes.  (Note: That doesn't mean 808 is dead, it could sit at a low level for some time until a fresh group of people come in and want to invest/stake.)

Marketing alone isn't the answer.  If you really want this coin to be successful over the long term, there needs to be uses for it other than staking. 

I am willing to help improve 808, work on the website and improve the marketing and the messaging. I am doing this already for a small $100K market cap coin.

But before we go out market this like crazy we need to create a vision for the coin. What does this coin want to be when it grows up?  What are the use cases? The best use case seems to me to be raising money for the music industry or music education, e.g. helping fund education for music teachers. http://www.wqxr.org/story/173373-five-charities-devoted-music-education/ How does the community feel about using this coin for charitable donations? My two nieces play the piano and this has been a life changing investment and I am sure others may be supportive of this idea. Are there are any business owners on this forum that would consider accepting 808 for their goods and service? How does the community feel about using this coin for charity donations in general? 

We need some tie to the real world, staking alone is not a use case otherwise this coin begins to resemble a Ponzi scheme where early investors earn good returns and late investors are left holding the bag once the price collapses due to excessive supply like what happened with Embercoin and InflationCoin that are both now in death spirals. 

Sounds like great ideas. Maybe a music streaming platform that pays artist in 808coin every time they post music or something?
Activity: 182

I'm in, we'll need Multisend feature for it - Stake 4 Music Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Pages:
Jump to: