Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink - page 22. (Read 297651 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
well i PM'd coinsolidation (as i assumed you all did too, right?)

and he said he was still waiting on community concensus to fix the coin. soooooo i don't know what's happening anymore.

did we NOT have a consensus?

can you all just PM and post here that we want him to fix the coin please? like were we not all on the same page???

+1 gets my vote
Activity: 192
Hmmmm more bholzer lies from awhile ago.

Let's keep things rolling - really going to push to get the new website out next week as well. Fortunately, I am approaching a rare, brief window of additional free time so I'm going to really put some muscle into Murraycoin during that period and wrap some of these lingering items up.

On another note, I did just remove a few off-topic posts just to reduce confusion - if your post was deleted, it wasn't because you violated any rules/etc necessarily - people can post whatever they want whenever they want and, honestly, we encourage them to do so. At the same time, the Murraycoin thread needs to be (primarily) about Murraycoin, Bill Murray, and/or the Murray Bros. Foundation and anything that takes it completely off topic doesn't make sense. We have weathered an intense altcoin storm and came out on the other side so we're sitting well ~10 months after we launched.

Also, as I will be helping to build a new & improved OctoCoin wallet using the Bitcoin Core 0.9.3 source, I figured it would be a good time to roll out a new Murraycoin client as well while I'm digging into things. Before I start on that project, I'm certainly open to suggestions regarding a potential algorithm change/etc. If we're going to potentially set up another hard-fork, we'd ideally want to get that behind us as soon as possible in order to ease adoption by newcomers due to our steadily growing audience. I hate to admit it, but I'm a bit out of the loop right now on the latest/greatest algorithms and continue to mine MRY on my lone remaining GPU rig. While I feel it's important to keep payouts essentially the same/etc to maintain the integrity of the initial specifications, I'm certainly open to an updated difficulty adjustment and hashing algorithm if enough people feel it makes sense. I also have some ideas for a visual update and I'm considering implementing some gimmicks such as a "special edition" wallet which only kicks in when a minimum balance is reached (for example, 500,000 MRY). I'm also strongly considering a default donation charged on all transactions which automatically goes to the Murray Bros. Foundation (I would include the option to reduce or even disable the donation, of course, as an actual forced donation might not be appealing to everybody). Primarily brainstorming here but I don't think it's fair for me to simply make the executive decision here when this is becoming more and more of a community effort every day. Let's get the conversation started and I will start doing some research as well as soon as time allows.

Brian has been kicking ass as usual and more and more people are getting excited (or at least intrigued) about what we're doing here. I've said from the start we have something different and, despite my lack of steady presence here, we do have a solid plan that remains in motion and I'm as confident as ever that things are going to play out nicely.

You suck bholzer and you know it. Just come on here and say you fucked up. We would respect you more than hiding like a little bitch.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
well i PM'd coinsolidation (as i assumed you all did too, right?)

and he said he was still waiting on community concensus to fix the coin. soooooo i don't know what's happening anymore.

did we NOT have a consensus?

can you all just PM and post here that we want him to fix the coin please? like were we not all on the same page???
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
any new wallet yet?
Activity: 236
Did anyone get the offer in their email from the DNotes dev to convert theit octo to DNotes?

Not me

Nor me
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
yeah i read the PM wrong. it is a DNote deposit.
Activity: 378
Yessir.
I did not get an offer to trade octo for Dnotes. I did get a donation from them and I know they were donating Dnotes to some members of the Octo community. They sent PM's to some.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Did anyone get the offer in their email from the DNotes dev to convert theit octo to DNotes?

Not me
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
All,

We've been pretty patient about looking for a solution here, unfortunately, it seems the coin is dead.  At this point, the best course of action is to open the wallet for withdrawal, and we'll figure out what to do if we we run into more withdrawal problems.  Sorry a solution couldn't be found.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Why even bother??? So many promises and still nothing. Truly a scam coin from the beginning. I feel for all of you that poured your heart, soul, and savings into this shit coin. I can only hope that someday the fucks that did this to you the octo community have the karma that they deserve. I will be praying that vengeance comes swiftly and harshly to those that promised so many things to this awesome community and then abandoned it without a second thought.

Fuck you OCTO devs!!!! Suck it you faggot ass mother fuckers.

I think you're right, Richie. Might as well do what you can to get the coins off your books, so to speak, and into the hands of the investors.

I agree there's little hope for them, but for form's sake if nothing else I'd like mine back in my wallet, not on an exchange.
Activity: 630
Merit: 504
All,

We've been pretty patient about looking for a solution here, unfortunately, it seems the coin is dead.  At this point, the best course of action is to open the wallet for withdrawal, and we'll figure out what to do if we we run into more withdrawal problems.  Sorry a solution couldn't be found.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Why even bother??? So many promises and still nothing. Truly a scam coin from the beginning. I feel for all of you that poured your heart, soul, and savings into this shit coin. I can only hope that someday the fucks that did this to you the octo community have the karma that they deserve. I will be praying that vengeance comes swiftly and harshly to those that promised so many things to this awesome community and then abandoned it without a second thought.

Wow - people on here do have real lives right?  I mean you didn't put your life savings into a coin called Octo did you?

Activity: 172
there was only ever one octo dev (bholzer), the evidence is out there
Activity: 192
All,

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
All,

We've been pretty patient about looking for a solution here, unfortunately, it seems the coin is dead.  At this point, the best course of action is to open the wallet for withdrawal, and we'll figure out what to do if we we run into more withdrawal problems.  Sorry a solution couldn't be found.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
NO FUKS GIVEN AWARD 2014 from here... Cool

#wooot woot
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
What amazes me is the hashrate still on this coin!
Activity: 364
OK, looks like nothing is happening/will happen. I am very disappointed in Octo. Goodbye.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
... text removed...

1) find a dev who can build a poker app
2) get it back on bittrex

sounds like about as realistic gameplan as i can come up with. and i don't even think we could get this done. only edric has done anything with this coin, and he's AWOL.

so say "i sign off on this" and let's get it moving.

texas hold'em on the blockchain sounds like a good idea, now we just need to find someone who can code it, should be big in the US, if i remember correctly pokerstars and all that have banned US customers (due to legal issues, but if done on the blockchain they can't really stop it) so big open market if done properly

THIS
Activity: 172
... text removed...

1) find a dev who can build a poker app
2) get it back on bittrex

sounds like about as realistic gameplan as i can come up with. and i don't even think we could get this done. only edric has done anything with this coin, and he's AWOL.

so say "i sign off on this" and let's get it moving.

texas hold'em on the blockchain sounds like a good idea, now we just need to find someone who can code it, should be big in the US, if i remember correctly pokerstars and all that have banned US customers (due to legal issues, but if done on the blockchain they can't really stop it) so big open market if done properly
Pages:
Jump to: