Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink - page 21. (Read 297651 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
The biggie that is merged mined with LTC is SYS.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Yessir.
Yeah. I don't see Edric being the one. It sucks cuz he's a cool guy.

As for merge mining with Litecoin: that's kind of interesting. besides Doge, there aren't any other coins merging with LTC correct? i wonder if a relaunch of the coin with a Litcoin merge mine would generate some news and interest?

thoughts?

as for what to do with the coin, DJSlick was talking about keeping the 888 and focusing on gaming/betting. i still think that's one of the best ideas. i mean, we probably don't have enough btc/888 to donate to get 8 applications but surely over some time some devs can come up with 8 games?

thoughts?
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
I think it would take a payment of some Bitcoin and donations of some Octocoins to find a decent dev that could dig us out of this.

Just curious, what is broken with Octocoin that requires a developer?
The block chain appears to be moving just fine as far as I can see.

The devs abandoned the coin. Then there was a double withdrawal issue at bittrex for the second time. It's something about the code being based on a certain version of Dogecoin. If you dig through the last few months posts which are fairly light, there was some discussion about it. I'm no dev so I don't know much about that part of it.

Either way we have a coin dead in the water, we are just now able to withdraw from bittrex and have no dev to take over and try to make something of this.

So if I merge with the latest Dogecoin, that should fix the issue?

Yes and no...

The devs ripped the Octocode from the previous Doge git (1.7) around 10 days before it was released, as they were trying to be one of the first to update to the latest BTC core. Doge added a few changes to the client between the time of the OctoCoin release and their own release. A couple of those changes deal with transactions...

The latest Doge Core, 1.8, has added merged mining with LTC, so a direct merge with it and Octocoin would not work, unless we want to add LTC merged mining to OctoCoin. If added there would need to be some changes to the merged mining portion of the code for it to work correctly, as well.

I've been through the code and the client looks to be an easy fix... Finding someone (team?) with the time for further development is the key to long-term success.

BTW... All of Edric's pools are down and he has been MIA for the past few weeks, so I doubt he will be providing an update.

Also the block explorer has been down for a while now, too. If the coin is to continue there will need to be a new one put into place as soon as the updated client gets done.
Activity: 778
Merit: 500
I think it would take a payment of some Bitcoin and donations of some Octocoins to find a decent dev that could dig us out of this.

The devs abandoned the coin. Then there was a double withdrawal issue at bittrex for the second time. It's something about the code being based on a certain version of Dogecoin. If you dig through the last few months posts which are fairly light, there was some discussion about it. I'm no dev so I don't know much about that part of it.

Either way we have a coin dead in the water, we are just now able to withdraw from bittrex and have no dev to take over and try to make something of this.

So if I merge with the latest Dogecoin, that should fix the issue?
Yessir.

Yessir.

we already had someone who offered his assistance to get us trading again. when he asked people to PM him to see if there was a community consensus apparently no one did. He's been offering for a month. PM Coinsolidation NOW and ask if he's willing to still help us.

the edric thing, well, it never was a thing. did you ever hear edric say anything about it? exactly.

we have a dev who's willing to FIX THIS COIN. we have until the end of the month. please PM Coinsolidation and tell him you're onboard! He didn't even ask for any bounties, although i think it would be in all of our best interest to give him a portion of something for his work.

WE HAVE A CONSENSUS PLEASE FIX OUR COIN.

I've already PM'd both him and Edric. If they want to do it I'm fine with it. But since then there hasn't been much said. And I agree.. if in fact they can fix and run the coin they do deserve some compensation.
Activity: 778

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

we already had someone who offered his assistance to get us trading again. when he asked people to PM him to see if there was a community consensus apparently no one did. He's been offering for a month. PM Coinsolidation NOW and ask if he's willing to still help us.

the edric thing, well, it never was a thing. did you ever hear edric say anything about it? exactly.

we have a dev who's willing to FIX THIS COIN. we have until the end of the month. please PM Coinsolidation and tell him you're onboard! He didn't even ask for any bounties, although i think it would be in all of our best interest to give him a portion of something for his work.

WE HAVE A CONSENSUS PLEASE FIX OUR COIN.
Activity: 364

I agree if the community wants someone to take over this coin there would definitely have to be some sort of payment in BTC to find a decent dev that would be willing to take on this project Smiley But the best of luck to the OctoCommunity Smiley

Ok, how much? I am down to give whatever if we can stop all this bs and ACTUALLY get something done. So much talk and absolute shit happens. VERY disappointed. So again, how much??? Let's get this back up and running and then back online.
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
octo wallet is now back online @bittrex.com

Please withdraw your funds.  We will be removing the wallet by 1/30.  We've put safegaurds in place so a double withdrawal can't happen, however, it may mean certain withdrawals will get stuck.  If that happens to you, please open a ticket with us.

thanks,
richie@bittrex
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

I agree if the community wants someone to take over this coin there would definitely have to be some sort of payment in BTC to find a decent dev that would be willing to take on this project Smiley But the best of luck to the OctoCommunity Smiley
Yessir.

Activity: 192
Will someone do something, anything pllllllleaseeeee? I wish I was a dev and I would just do it myself, but alas, I am not. So much talk, so many empty promises. I have a lot of octo and if someone would do something with this, I will give them half of what I have. Or tell me what I can do to help. I will help in anyway I can. Enough talk and pointing fingers now (I am guilty of this too) so can we all just come up a transparent plan of action by someone this community knows and will let us know what is going on? Again, PLEASE!!!

Thank you.

Yessir.
Activity: 159
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Happy New Year OctoBrothers   
Yessir.
I'm no developer. I'm just an Octo holder.

I thought they were already working on fixing the issue? I thought BTC had been given to edric to fix the wallet issue?

Oh well, if that wasn't the case, then I agree, go ahead. What is there to lose?

Activity: 392
member of GameCredits Dev team
I did not get an offer to trade octo for Dnotes. I did get a donation from them and I know they were donating Dnotes to some members of the Octo community. They sent PM's to some.

I got the PM and help from Dnotes and big thanks to them.
I mined Dnotes and octo in start days,been active there and here,holding notes and octos.
My only mistake is that one i decide to invest more in 888,but what i can say now....
If u are still have some money and you wonna invest in long term,Dnotes is the coin without stress....

That is all for this year,for me....Dnotes is coin of the year,i was in hope that was octo...but I was wrong.

Well i am wishing you all,
Happy New Year and more success in 2015.

Best regards

Nele

Activity: 392
member of GameCredits Dev team
well i PM'd coinsolidation (as i assumed you all did too, right?)

and he said he was still waiting on community concensus to fix the coin. soooooo i don't know what's happening anymore.

did we NOT have a consensus?

can you all just PM and post here that we want him to fix the coin please? like were we not all on the same page???

+1 gets my vote

+888 get my votes too
Activity: 159
If all this means that our octocoins will actually be worth something again, then imo. it´s a no brainer! What do we really have to lose, that we havent already? I hope we can get the ball rolling again and at least try to do something with it Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: