Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now! - page 62. (Read 174428 times)

legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
You need to be taking a cut of publishers profits, not advertisers.

I feel like there is some misunderstanding here. What is publishers' profits, where do they come from? Publishers don't deposit anything, it is advertisers' money anyway.

Dropping $10,000 and a-ads taking $4000 id rather just use adwords..

We know our fee is high, but it is not 40%. As I said, it is 10-36% depending on the particular use case.

We take a deposit fee of 20%, half of it is a reward for publisher that attracted advertiser.

Then we distribute remaining 80% to ad units that satisfy advertiser's criteria (with respect to Daily Budget set by advertiser) and take 20% fee from it. In return advertiser receives proportional share of impressions of those ad units.

But advertiser can set Daily Budget to 0 and spend campaign's balance via Goal Tracking API without that 20% fee.

So the principle is simple: money gets distributed from advertisers to publishers (either we distribute it according to some simple internal algorithm for a 20% fee, or advertisers distribute them via Goal Tracking API without a fee). In return advertisers get proportional share of impressions from ad units they pay to. No absolute numbers of clicks/impressions are guaranteed though, CPC and CPI are just rough estimates.

Also if advertiser is at the same time a publisher, then instead of depositing money s/he can redirect his earnings to campaign with only a 10% fee.

Thus minimum fees we take from advertiser is 10%, maximum is 36% and our fee model encourages advertisers to reward ad units that work best for them thus minimizing incentive for fake traffic. But we might consider to change it.

Thanks for your feedback!
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

AnonymousAds takes fee of 20% from each deposit, 80% goes to Campaign #339. No thanks, you should be taking profit from publishers, not advertisers.

What's the difference? Please note that advertisers don't pay per click or per impression. They just send their money to publishers via AnonymousAds, and get a proportional share of their impressions (no matter what the absolute amount of clicks/impressions are).

But you are right, fees are quite noticeable, 10-36% depending on the specific use case. Normally AnonymousAds takes 20% from deposits (half of them goes to referrers thus encouraging efficient publishers) and 20% from daily budget (though you can set daily budget to 0 and use Goal Tracking API to distribute campaign's balance between efficient publishers without a fee).

Thanks for your questions and for interest in AnonymousAds!
[/quote]

Please explain further, I don't see anywhere on site where it explains how it works, I'm just seeing cost per click, and cost per thousand views.
Charging 20% to deposit, now I'm reading 20% to spend also? That's crazy..

You need to be taking a cut of publishers profits, not advertisers.

Dropping $10,000 and a-ads taking $4000 id rather just use adwords..
legendary
So to be clear, does this mean that It is fine, or likely optimal to place my ad in a generic category (or completely uncategorized?) when I want to spread it over several domains?
Due to the payout issue below, it sounds like I need to forego the niche targeting for now and just have 4 ads in total then; one for each of the four sizes of banners that are on most every site. If I do this, which is the best general category for them all to go in? (For maximum earnings). A single category like "Lifestyle," the three most relevant categories, or just leave it uncategorized?

Just choose 3 categories that better describe your audience. The reason to select categories is to have a better match of your ad places with advertisers' ads (thus potentially increasing your income). The most paying categories currently are Bitcoin/Gamblers and Bitcoin/Miners. Many advertisers compete for them. But if miners & gamblers don't visit your sites, then efficiency of your ad units will be low and you won't earn rewards from advertisers.

AnonymousAds takes fee of 20% from each deposit, 80% goes to Campaign #339. No thanks, you should be taking profit from publishers, not advertisers.

What's the difference? Please note that advertisers don't pay per click or per impression. They just send their money to publishers via AnonymousAds, and get a proportional share of their impressions (no matter what the absolute amount of clicks/impressions are).

But you are right, fees are quite noticeable, 10-36% depending on the specific use case. Normally AnonymousAds takes 20% from deposits (half of them goes to referrers thus encouraging efficient publishers) and 20% from daily budget (though you can set daily budget to 0 and use Goal Tracking API to distribute campaign's balance between efficient publishers without a fee).

Thanks for your questions and for interest in AnonymousAds!
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
I was going to dump some money here til I saw this:

AnonymousAds takes fee of 20% from each deposit, 80% goes to Campaign #339

No thanks, you should be taking profit from publishers, not advertisers.
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
Oh Jeez... I didn't see that each ad had to be restricted to a single domain.

Is there no way around that?
some of them concentrate on particular ad units or subcategories, but most of them don't.
So to be clear, does this mean that It is fine, or likely optimal to place my ad in a generic category (or completely uncategorized?) when I want to spread it over several domains?

it needs some time to get statistics and it doesn't send money to ad units that don't generate globally unique traffic every day (unless advertisers reward those ad units via Goal Tracking API). In the long term quality & targeting of traffic can affect earnings since some advertisers do reward for sales.
Due to the payout issue below, it sounds like I need to forego the niche targeting for now and just have 4 ads in total then; one for each of the four sizes of banners that are on most every site.

If I do this, which is the best general category for them all to go in? (For maximum earnings)

A single category like "Lifestyle," the three most relevant categories, or just leave it uncategorized?

2. Yes, you can either use 1 ad unit (easy, frequent payouts), or you can create 1 ad unit per domain (better targeting & income, but payouts are tiny and less frequent). Unfortunately AnonymousAds doesn't combine payments currently, but I know it should be implemented.
Guess I'm forced to just use the four ads for now... But when you've got that implemented I'll be happy to put unique ads on every site to give your advertisers much more targeted placements.

Thanks again
legendary
1. When you put your ad unit in category, you get advertisers that select that category or any upper level category (including the root category). Advertisers compete with their money for the share of impressions, some of them concentrate on particular ad units or subcategories, but most of them don't.

Regarding earnings...

Publishers' earnings are just money paid by advertisers. Advertisers pay to ad units either explicitly via Goal Tracking, or indirectly via Daily Budget, and only after that they possibly receive impressions. Publishers embed their ad code and only after that they possibly get advertisers. Nothing is guaranteed and you can see that traffic and earnings fluctuate.

AnonymousAds distributes money to ad units in small fractions with respect to their unique traffic. Thus it needs some time to get statistics and it doesn't send money to ad units that don't generate globally unique traffic every day (unless advertisers reward those ad units via Goal Tracking API). In the long term quality & targeting of traffic can affect earnings since some advertisers do reward for sales.

2. Yes, you can either use 1 ad unit (easy, frequent payouts), or you can create 1 ad unit per domain (better targeting & income, but payouts are tiny and less frequent). Unfortunately AnonymousAds doesn't combine payments currently, but I know it should be implemented.

Thanks for this truly innovative solution. I'm enjoying it already.

I'm a publisher with hundreds of domains to try AAds on, on every niche ever imagined, but first I've got 2 questions for you before I do any kind of large roll-out.

I've read your faqs and this thread, and neither of these two have been answers anywhere before:

1: About ad relevancy, let's assume I find a category that has some ads in it, such as Health->fitness. I generate an ad indicating that category, and the ad matches my fitness site well... But then the advertiser placing that ad stops running his ad for whatever reason, and you've got no more relevant inventory. I assume the generic ad for AAds will take its place... If so, do I get paid the same rate (PPV) for displaying that ad at least?

Or does using a category other than "bitcoin" always require major risk of not getting paid at all for my pageviews?  

If so, is there a way to have a backup category like "bitcoin" always display whenever relevant content can't be matched?

2. About payments, I'm planning to send you thousands of eyeballs a day... But not many a day from the same domain. So if I am reading your FAQs correctly, it would appear that each ad a generates its' own separate campaign that has it's own threshold that must be met for payment to take place. (Ex: If I have 100 domains with 100 different ads, then I'll only get paid when ONE of those 100 ads have displayed enough to meet the payout threshold... Even if I've sent you 9,999 Imps already.)

Some ad positions on some sites are going to collect Imps at a rate of 1 every month... Taking decades to pay me the threshold on them!

I know I could make all 728x90 banners across all domains a single ad, but then I wouldn't get any relevancy targeting for each domain, nor any meaningful stats for it either.

So I guess what I need here is a way to combine the payment threshold pool from all my ads. Or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Luke
legendary
FYI (since I receive many micro-payments from a-ads):
WARNING! Bitcoin will soon block small transaction outputs
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/warning-bitcoin-will-soon-block-small-transaction-outputs-196138

edit: Bitcoin will soon block small transaction outputs (less than 54.3 uBTC):
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/2577#issuecomment-17138223

Ok, we will set a minimum withdrawal threshold. Thanks you!
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
FYI (since I receive many micro-payments from a-ads):
WARNING! Bitcoin will soon block small transaction outputs
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/warning-bitcoin-will-soon-block-small-transaction-outputs-196138

edit: Bitcoin will soon block small transaction outputs (less than 54.3 uBTC):
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/2577#issuecomment-17138223
legendary
How long does it take the health to go from 0% to 100%?  Just switched from CoinURL and losing out on clicks Smiley

It may take quite a while, sorry about it. It may take days to have health ~5% and weeks to have it ~100%, that's a shame and we'll optimize it.

But please note that health doesn't have direct impact on your income and AnonymousAds doesn't pay per click. It just distributes advertisers' money with respect to publishers' globally unique traffic. And it also allows advertisers to reward ad units for reaching their goals (e. g. generating sales) thus setting the positive feedback loop.

So your income depends mainly on the volume on your unique traffic, its quality and advertisers' behavior. And it may fluctuate significantly, so I would suggest to embed ad unit on your site and see if it generates enough income during several months.

Thanks for your question and for trying out AnonymousAds!
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
How long does it take the health to go from 0% to 100%?  Just switched from CoinURL and losing out on clicks Smiley
legendary
We started using your network and it seems to be the best compared to your competitors. The only issue is it seems to be predatory. Isn't 36% fees too much? I would guess a normal rate should be 10-15%...

Well, you are right, and it is done on purpose: we don't want to give too much incentive for fake traffic and we want to reward efficient publishers that attract real customers, so we take significant part of money from advertisers that don't discriminate ad units.

As stated in Terms of Use, our fee model consists of 2 components:
1) 20% of deposit fees (or 10% if you redirect traffic from campaign)
2) 20% from daily budget

If you combine those 2, you get 36%, however advanced advertisers can actually pay as low as ~10-20%, here is how:

1) they can set daily budget to some small value to test ad units, and then reward the ones that generate sales via Goal Tracking API thus avoiding additional 20% fee and at the same time improving targeting of their campaign.

2) instead of depositing funds to their campaigns, advertisers can redirect earnings from their ad units (thus saving 10% on deposit fees), or they can "cheat" the system and refer themselves before ad creation to receive a 10% rebate from their deposits.

We are considering changing the fee model and reducing the fees, but I am not sure when it happens. As I said, advertisers that really want to pay just 10%, can achieve it in the current model (and at the same time they give incentive for publishers to generate high-quality traffic).

Thanks for your feedback and for using AnonymousAds!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
We started using your network and it seems to be the best compared to your competitors. The only issue is it seems to be predatory. Isn't 36% fees too much? I would guess a normal rate should be 10-15%...
legendary
To minimize flooding of your wallet with tiny transactions, we increased time intervals between automatic withdrawals:
1. minimal interval between withdrawals of 0.01 btc and more is set to 1 hour
2. minimal interval between withdrawals below 0.01 btc is set to 1 week of inactivity
legendary
I think some bot/script is trying to rip you / us off. I am getting a gazillion requests per second on bitbattle.me index page, without anyone clicking anything else. All are referring from "http://ad.a-ads.com/504". Requests come from different IPs, so probably a botnet producing clicks.

This is really annoying, the site was basically DDos'd by these requests. Now I am rejecting all requests with that referrer...

Is there any chance to stop that campaign? I have a feeling that most of my ad budget will be taken by that script kiddie...

Thanks for your question. In fact, this is a very important question for AnonymousAds too.

There should not be much sense in producing fake clicks because we don't pay per click.

Here is the stats for that ad unit: https://a-ads.com/ad_units/504/stats . Even if we assume that 100% of traffic is fake, it rips the whole advertising network for only 0.004 btc/day (~0.5$/day). Is it really worth of producing fake clicks from 50k unique ips/day at that rate? I don't know.

I wouldn't really worry about budget, but DDoS could be a problem.  You can set daily budget to 0 and reward efficient publishers to get more impressions from them, but there is probably no easy way to stop botnets from sending HTTP requests to your server anyway. Maybe cloudfare could help?

If you really worry about your budget, you could carefully select only ad units you trust and/or disable anonymous sources of traffic. It is possible only upon campaign creation currently, but we plan to provide more control over existing campaigns in future too.

Thanks again for your question and for using AnonymousAds. Please PM me or write an email to [email protected] if you need further help with your particular case.
Activity: 488
Merit: 500
I think some bot/script is trying to rip you / us off. I am getting a gazillion requests per second on bitbattle.me index page, without anyone clicking anything else. All are referring from "http://ad.a-ads.com/504". Requests come from different IPs, so probably a botnet producing clicks.

This is really annoying, the site was basically DDos'd by these requests. Now I am rejecting all requests with that referrer...

Is there any chance to stop that campaign? I have a feeling that most of my ad budget will be taken by that script kiddie...
legendary
We got some problems with email notifications about new ads, so ad moderation may take longer than usual. Please don't send emails to [email protected] because there is no guarantee they will be delivered. I hope we fix it soon.
legendary
Current advertisers pay ~ 0.0013 Ƀ per thousand unique impressions in average (this is quite cheap, but may change anytime).
legendary
Hi,

Although the no fee no minimum payout is nice in a way, I just received a payout of 1 satoshi (I think this is how we refer to 10^-8 BTC), which will clearly cost me a lot more to spend than what it's worth. It's not the first tiny payout I've received, although usually they were at least in the 100-ish satoshis. Something should really be done about that, all the more so since they'll likely become more frequent with the raise in BTC value.
How also about, for instance:
- pooling payouts from different ad units sharing the same BTC address
- not making payouts more frequently than once every 7 or even 14 days if balance is below 0.01 BTC (or maybe 0.001 BTC if 0.01 is too unbearable to some people)

Good ideas. Probably it would be nice to allow users to customize it. Thanks for your feedback!
Pages:
Jump to: