Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now! - page 63. (Read 174428 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Hi,

Although the no fee no minimum payout is nice in a way, I just received a payout of 1 satoshi (I think this is how we refer to 10^-8 BTC), which will clearly cost me a lot more to spend than what it's worth. It's not the first tiny payout I've received, although usually they were at least in the 100-ish satoshis. Something should really be done about that, all the more so since they'll likely become more frequent with the raise in BTC value.
How also about, for instance:
- pooling payouts from different ad units sharing the same BTC address
- not making payouts more frequently than once every 7 or even 14 days if balance is below 0.01 BTC (or maybe 0.001 BTC if 0.01 is too unbearable to some people)
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015
Sure, here it is:

Hmm, I guess it didn't work properly in Opera, I haven't seen it. JavaScript bug, maybe?

I am not sure what you mean when you say about cost effectiveness, but maybe the answer is that we don't pay per click.

Well, I mean I get much more clicks for the same sum of money Smiley. CTR is also 50x higher
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
The password is shown only once upon campaign creation.

I've just created another campaign, carefully inspecting each page... Haven't seen password. If it is there, you have hidden it well.

Can you, like, show a screenshot with a big red arrow pointing to a password?

Sure, here it is:

Can I set daily budget to zero and reward only particular ad unit, or it needs to be a positive value?

You can set zero budget. If your balance is untouched during 30 days, it will be refunded to your refund address.

BTW, what happens if I click deauthorize? Will balance be refunded after some time?

Your balance will be automatically refunded only if it is not touched for 30 days and your daily budget is 0. Deathorize = Logout (probably we need to rename it).

Thank you too! Anonymous Ads seem to be about order of magnitude more cost effective than CoinURL. Is that because of its limited size?

I am not sure what you mean when you say about cost effectiveness, but maybe the answer is that we don't pay per click.
legendary
The password is shown only once upon campaign creation.

I've just created another campaign, carefully inspecting each page... Haven't seen password. If it is there, you have hidden it well.

Can you, like, show a screenshot with a big red arrow pointing to a password?

AnonymousAds doesn't provide a way to recover/change password, but you can create a new campaign for the same ad and register goal for that campaign.

Can I set daily budget to zero and reward only particular ad unit, or it needs to be a positive value?

Also I can reset a password for you, please PM me if you need it.

OK.

BTW, what happens if I click deauthorize? Will balance be refunded after some time?

Thanks for using AnonymousAds!

Thank you too! Anonymous Ads seem to be about order of magnitude more cost effective than CoinURL.
legendary
Where the fuck is password? I've registered new ad/new campaign and I see no way to get or set password... But it asks for a password to create a goal.

The password is shown only once upon campaign creation. AnonymousAds doesn't provide a way to recover/change password, but you can create a new campaign for the same ad and register goal for that campaign. You can also use API to automate goal creation.

Also I can reset a password for you, please PM me if you need it.

Thanks for using AnonymousAds!
legendary
Where the fuck is password? I've registered new ad/new campaign and I see no way to get or set password... But it asks for a password to create a goal.
legendary
Anuncie su empresa

Recently AA2 got a lot of Spanish traffic. Since we don't have much Spanish ads, this traffic is really cheap.

If you have something to advertise for Spanish visitors, please create Spanish ads and campaigns (before that publisher gets disappointed in AnonymousAds Smiley)
legendary
Thank you all for your feedback, we take it seriously and plan to implement most of the requested features.

AA2 network served over 1 million unique impressions so far. And now we want not only to grow in volumes, but also to grow in quality of traffic.

So we are searching for advertisers that are willing to use our trivial Goal tracking API to pay for sales. Such advertisers will get all the required support and attention from me. I am even willing to implement it on their side for free if they need it and plan to spend few btc on aa2 campaign with goal tracking.

Here is a simplified (i. e. without optional parameters) example of how API call looks like:
Code:
https://a-ads.com/api/v1/goals/create?unique_id=&partner=&amount=&password=

When new goal is created, amount will be deducted from campaign's balance (if it is sufficient). That amount will be divided into smaller fractions and sent to ad unit during 30 days (that is default duration).

Thus ad units that bring sales to advertisers are likely to generate more traffic for those advertisers (and earn more too).

Advertisers can use web interface to create goals manually too, so they can play with it and see how it works.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
Congrats on the new version of AA!

Please allow me to make some suggestions:

- All the options of the campaign should be editable. It seems I can't change the option on the right side (Language, Rating, Traffic sources). I understand that I can create a new campaign with the correct settings but that would create a mess; bitcoins can't be transferred from one campaign to another (can they?) moreover if I have ad units that deposit profits to campaign X, then I need to create new ad units to point to the newly created campaign Y.

- Ads should be editable. I don't see an option to change an ad which means that if someone deposits BTC and starts a campaign, he can't change the banner for example, without creating a new ad and campaign, and pouring more BTC in.

- There should be a mention somewhere in the FAQ, that we need to turn AdBlock off to be able to see all the site's options.

- Since referrals get a cut, you should mention that in FAQ along with the fact that an ad unit's link contains the referral code. Advertising this, might bring more peeps to your service.

Keep up the good work!
legendary
EDIT: Aaaaaah I get it. I can withdraw coins from my campaign by creating a fake (or not) ad unit and then pay up that unit directly and the withdraw the money for free since withdrawals don't cost anything.

Yes, withdrawals are free. We take fees only from money that go to campaign, and from daily budget.
Activity: 640
Merit: 500
Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...
2. Can you withdraw money from a campaign if you choose to send your money there? I suppose not since that could be exploited unless it had a fee >>10%.

You can't do it directly (maybe it will be possible in future), but you can register a goal to your ad unit (thus withdrawing funds from your campaign without a fee). How can it be exploited?
Instead of withdrawing 1BTC of earnings to a Bitcoin address I choose to deposit that 1BTC to a fake campaign I own that has a 0 budget and I pay a 0.1BTC fee for that. Then (if you make it possible in the future) I withdraw the money from the campaign paying x% fee on the 0.9BTC. If 0.9*x%+0.1<0.2 then I will always use this method instead of directly withdrawing money. So if you implement a way to withdraw money from campaigns you should choose an x% fee that doesn't encourage people to go through this to avoid fees. Forget this, you can withdraw money without paying a fee...

What are goals in relation to ad units? I though ads had goals, not ad units.

BTW if you intend to explain all these stuff in your FAQ then there is no need to answer here too, I can wait. On the other hand this QA is free bumps... Hehe.

EDIT: Aaaaaah I get it. I can withdraw coins from my campaign by creating a fake (or not) ad unit and then pay up that unit directly and the withdraw the money for free since withdrawals don't cost anything.
legendary
You are right, the whole system is not documented yet, I am working on it.

Alice is referred to AA by Tom. Alice creates an ad unit so that she can earn money on her blog. She set's up her ad unit to automatically deposit that money to one of her campaigns in order to advertise her blog too. She sets her daily budget to 0.1BTC. She does NOT deposit any money directly, she just wait's for her earnings.

Bob is referred to AA by Timmy. He creates a campaign to advertise his company and he deposits 1BTC to his campaign but sets daily budget to 0. Of that deposit 1BTC*80%=0.8BTC get credited to his campaign, 1BTC*10%=0.1BTC go to AA and 1BTC*10%=0.1BTC to Timmy. Bob then hand picks Alice's ad unit to put his ad in by paying all 0.8BTC to her ad unit. No fee is subtracted from those 0.8BTC at this point.

Alice receives 0.8BTC which, as instructed, get directly transferred to her own campaign to advertise her blog. During that internal transfer 0.8*10%=0.08BTC go to AA. 0.8*90%=0.72BTC get credited to Alice's campaign. AA starts to automatically match up Alice's ads to various ad units. After 0.72/0.1=7.2 days Alice's balance is exhausted. At that point AA has charged additional 0.72*20%=0.144BTC fees and 0.72*80%=0.576BTC ave been paid to the ad units that displayed Alice's ad.

This is correct, thank you for explanation!

1. In the previous example, doesn't Tom get any money? Alice didn't deposit any money, she chose to do an internal transfer from her ad unit earnings to her. Referrals get a cut from the deposits, right?

Right. Only bitcoin deposits are counted.

2. Can you withdraw money from a campaign if you choose to send your money there? I suppose not since that could be exploited unless it had a fee >>10%.

You can't do it directly (maybe it will be possible in future), but you can register a goal to your ad unit (thus withdrawing funds from your campaign without a fee). How can it be exploited?

3. Which ways do we have to refer people and where do we receive our referral fees?

Your ad already contains a referral link (it is shown when you hover AA icon). It has the following form:
Code:
http://a-ads.com?partner=
You can also advertise any campaign via links of the form:
Code:
http://a-ads.com//
If campaign pays per sale, you will be rewarded for attracting buyers. It looks like currently only campaign #1 pays for goals. But later we plan to have a list of such campaigns.
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that you kept the old payment system. (Being able to pay directly to your best ad units) You should probably clarify this on the FAQ and highlight that there is no fee for doing that (it's one of the best features of the old and the new AA).

EDIT3 is fixed on stage IMO. The "than to withdraw to bitcoin address and then deposit to campaign" explains why I would want to select that option. ;-)

So to verify that I fully understand how it works. (use that or something like that in your FAQ if you'd like)

Alice is referred to AA by Tom. Alice creates an ad unit so that she can earn money on her blog. She set's up her ad unit to automatically deposit that money to one of her campaigns in order to advertise her blog too. She sets her daily budget to 0.1BTC. She does NOT deposit any money directly, she just wait's for her earnings.

Bob is referred to AA by Timmy. He creates a campaign to advertise his company and he deposits 1BTC to his campaign but sets daily budget to 0. Of that deposit 1BTC*80%=0.8BTC get credited to his campaign, 1BTC*10%=0.1BTC go to AA and 1BTC*10%=0.1BTC to Timmy. Bob then hand picks Alice's ad unit to put his ad in by paying all 0.8BTC to her ad unit. No fee is subtracted from those 0.8BTC at this point.

Alice receives 0.8BTC which, as instructed, get directly transferred to her own campaign to advertise her blog. During that internal transfer 0.8*10%=0.08BTC go to AA. 0.8*90%=0.72BTC get credited to Alice's campaign. AA starts to automatically match up Alice's ads to various ad units. After 0.72/0.1=7.2 days Alice's balance is exhausted. At that point AA has charged additional 0.72*20%=0.144BTC fees and 0.72*80%=0.576BTC have been paid to the ad units that displayed Alice's ad.

So MOAR questions for you:

1. In the previous example, doesn't Tom get any money? Alice didn't deposite any money, she chose to do an internal transfer from her ad unit earnings to her. Referrals get a cut from the deposits, right?

3. Which ways do we have to refer people and where do we receive our referral fees?
legendary
1. On the top right of the site I see this:  Ad #97, up to ~26752 impressions per day Cart
What is that supposed to be? I would expect to see some high traffic low cost Ad Unit at that place so if I wanted to avertise something I could easily add it to my cart. But this one is an Ad, not an Ad Unit. So why am I seeing this?

That means you have created or selected the ad #97 and added some categories or ad units to cart. You can proceed to checkout to create a campaign with up to ~26752 impressions/day according to your language/filtering settings (the expected number of impressions will depend on your daily budget).

2. The fee system needs to be explained a little better I think.
20% of each deposit to campaign (or 10% of transfers from ad unit’s balance)
20% of campaigns’ daily budget.
If I understand correctly that means that if Bob want's to advertise his website on Alice's website, he deposits 1BTC and sets a 0.1BTC/day budget. In the end 0.4BTC (40%) will be charged by AA.
The other case is if Bob also has income from advertising other sites on AA and he transfers the money internally from his Ad Unit to his campaign. In that case 0.3BTC (30%) will be charged in total by AA.
Am I right?

Almost right. Maximum fees: 20% + (20% of the remaining 80%) = 36%. Please note that 10% goes to the referrer of the ad creator. So AA gets <= 26%.

If daily budget is set to 0 then AA gets 10% (advertiser can spend his balance to pay for goals thus getting impressions from efficient publishers without additional fees). If advertiser sends traffic from his ad unit to his campaign OR advertiser is a referrer of himself (that can't be verified since everybody is anonymous) then he gets a "discount" of 10%.

IMO you should put a text like "If you are also advertising through AA and you want your earnings to be deposited directly to your advertisement campaign, please specify your campaign ID here." so that users realize this is only useful if they are also advertising things on AA.

Thanks for your suggestion! Something similar has already be done on our staging server: http://s.a-ads.com/ad_units/new (is it clear enough?).

I think you should lower your fees a bit. Take a look at your competition:
Operation fabulous charges 5% of withdrawals.
Adf.ly charges ~50% IIRC but they are using PayPal which ads risk and fees on it's own.
BitcoinAdvertising.com charges 2% although I'm not sure if that site has any users.
Project Wonderful charges ~25% but is also using PayPal.
I know they are all different services and you cannot compare directly to them but still...

As I explained above, AA gets 10-26% from advertisers' money. 10% of deposits goes to referrers, so they can be thought as additional earnings for efficient ad units (see http://a-ads.com/campaigns/1/goals). We will consider lowering the fees. Maybe we should issue shares and ask shareholders to vote on it Smiley

Thanks for reporting bugs (EDIT1, EDIT2) - we fixed them! Regarding ad unit code constructor (EDIT3) - it probably will be improved when I understand how to do it better.

Thanks again for your participation!
I just made three units. But I have a few questions.

1. On the top right of the site I see this:  Ad #97, up to ~26752 impressions per day Cart
What is that supposed to be? I would expect to see some high traffic low cost Ad Unit at that place so if I wanted to avertise something I could easily add it to my cart. But this one is an Ad, not an Ad Unit. So why am I seeing this?

2. The fee system needs to be explained a little better I think.
20% of each deposit to campaign (or 10% of transfers from ad unit’s balance)
20% of campaigns’ daily budget.
If I understand correctly that means that if Bob want's to advertise his website on Alice's website, he deposits 1BTC and sets a 0.1BTC/day budget. In the end 0.4BTC (40%) will be charged by AA.
The other case is if Bob also has income from advertising other sites on AA and he transfers the money internally from his Ad Unit to his campaign. In that case 0.3BTC (30%) will be charged in total by AA.
Am I right?

And some suggestions:

I was very confused when I saw the option to withdraw my BTC from my Ad Unit to a campaign. It took a trip to the fees section for me to realize what it means to send money to a campaign (it is done to take advantage of the lower fees). I was at a page that was supposed to setup an ad unit, the last thing I was expecting to see was an option for users that want to advertise. IMO you should put a text like "If you are also advertising through AA and you want your earnings to be deposited directly to your advertisement campaign, please specify your campaign ID here." so that users realize this is only useful if they are also advertising things on AA.

I think you should lower your fees a bit. Take a look at your competition:
Operation fabulous charges 5% of withdrawals.
Adf.ly charges ~50% IIRC but they are using PayPal which ads risk and fees on it's own.
BitcoinAdvertising.com charges 2% although I'm not sure if that site has any users.
Project Wonderful charges ~25% but is also using PayPal.
I know they are all different services and you cannot compare directly to them but still...

Good luck with the new site. I really like your service! :-)

EDIT: Also why is there a "health: 0%" stat for ads that are not associated with a website? (eg: http://a-ads.com/ad_units/347) Is therea way to make this health go up?

EDIT2: I already got ads on two of my units. And I think I found a bug: The add has an underlined title, a line of text and a url on the bottom. Clicking on the title opens a new tab (as it should) but clicking on the url in the third line opens the advertiser's website INSIDE the ad iframe!

EDIT3: Create new ad unit. Click custom colors. Type a value in one of the color text fields. Click another field. Now how do I turn the first field back to "default"? If I clear its contents it types #ff0000 by itself.
Activity: 488
Herbert, Lethn: if you see the exact places interface features that can be improved, please let me know (I see some of them too, but your feedback is precious). If you have any specific questions, please ask. We need to know what topics should be better explained. Thanks!

It's not really about the UI. I am missing the basic information, some kind of tutorial how the advertising system works.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
You just need to explain what ad units and ads are and things like that, after clicking around it was obvious what the ads and ad units are but most ordinary people I suspect will be wtfing all over the place especially with the cart system which I'm a bit baffled by.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
My site's health is 100% and then down to 0%. What happened?
http://a-ads.com/ad_units/35

I opened your site. There is no ad unit code there. Did you remove it?
Ops~,Sorry, It's my fault.
legendary

I opened your site. There is no ad unit code there. Did you remove it?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: