Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] a new coin based on Litecoin - CHNCoin - page 37. (Read 181137 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
GPUDude

2.6MH @ chn.bounceme.net:44397

Hi how are you connected to that pool? Looks like via the wallet ?? Or are you using cgminer

The wallet doesn't connect to a pool, a mining program does. Now you could use the build-in mining program in the wallet client, but it's not very fast. Since he has a lot of hashpower, he's probably using CGminer or some other mining program.

Ok thanks

I just wondered why it says mined rather than transferred from a pool ??

By it saying mined I thought it looked like its been solo mined or done through the wallet client itself.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Bitbuy

Hi how are you connected to that pool? Looks like via the wallet ?? Or are you using cgminer

The wallet doesn't connect to a pool, a mining program does. Now you could use the build-in mining program in the wallet client, but it's not very fast. Since he has a lot of hashpower, he's probably using CGminer or some other mining program.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Difficulty just went up guys!

It's now 1.

I'm not at home to look at my mining PC. Has this new difficulty slowed the block rate at all? it was .6 when I left the house I think, and it was around 3 sec / block so I'm thinking it hasn't helped much
Activity: 290
Can someone explain one thing if i mine via p2poll i have to keep CHNCoin-qt.exe open? or i can close it?

If you are running a P2Pool node yourself, you will have to leave it open. If you are connected to another P2Pool (Such as Bob's), then it's safe it close CHNCoin-qt.

Thanks dude
Activity: 126
GPUDude

Bitbuy
Can someone explain one thing if i mine via p2poll i have to keep CHNCoin-qt.exe open? or i can close it?

If you are running a P2Pool node yourself, you will have to leave it open. If you are connected to another P2Pool (Such as Bob's), then it's safe it close CHNCoin-qt.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

It's now 1.

Wish I was home earlier to do some crazy farming for fun. Wink Alas. Home now though. Just gotta get my blockchain downloaded, and/or the server compiled on my pool server.
Bitbuy
So, I have seen multiple diff jumps from when this was released. The OP says it should be a 60sec block target, I think he must have screwed up tho, I have never seen it less than a few seconds. Is this correct?

If it is always going to be just a few seconds, then the mining will slowly migrate to a specific location / country and mining outside of that area will not be worth it due to latency, rejects and orphans.

I imagine it should begin to fix itself once the difficulty begins to rise significantly. I imagine an enormous amount of hashing power is joining the network constantly skewing the block rate. The difficulty has continued to rise considerably at each refocusing.

I thought this was the case originally, and correct me if I'm wrong, every time the diff jumps it should change to around 60 seconds and then, as hashing power come on board, gets back down to 1-4 seconds etc. But I haven't seen this, it always seem to be be continually 1-4 seconds per block, even right after a diff jump? Makes m think the code is wrong, 6 seconds instead of 60 etc

Difficulty cannot increase by more than a factor of 4. That's why the difficulty re-target cannot keep up at the moment with the ever increasing hashpower pointed to CHNcoin. It will catch up eventually, though.

Oh right, thanks, that explains it, I did not realize difficulty could only do a factor of 4, is that just a made up constraint, or something to do with how the crypto actually works? In that case, assuming the code is correct, I guess the constant 1-4 second blocks are just reflecting the insane increase of hashing power pouring in to CHNCoin!

It's a made up constraint, originally implemented in Bitcoin. They have created this limitation, so that the difficulty cannot spike very high too fast, because that might make mining very unprofitable in an instant, which causes many miners to shutdown, leaving the difficulty sky-high waiting for the next re-target. The next re-target will take very long obviously, due to the high difficulty and all the hashpower that left, since it retargets every so many blocks.
Activity: 42

It's now 1.
Activity: 33

Oh right, thanks, that explains it, I did not realize difficulty could only do a factor of 4, is that just a made up constraint, or something to do with how the crypto actually works? In that case, assuming the code is correct, I guess the constant 1-4 second blocks are just reflecting the insane increase of hashing power pouring in to CHNCoin!

This I didn't realise myself but it makes total sense, this prevent the difficulty from rising to ludicrous levels if for a brief period of time someone points an obscene amount of hashing power just before the retarget
So, I have seen multiple diff jumps from when this was released. The OP says it should be a 60sec block target, I think he must have screwed up tho, I have never seen it less than a few seconds. Is this correct?

If it is always going to be just a few seconds, then the mining will slowly migrate to a specific location / country and mining outside of that area will not be worth it due to latency, rejects and orphans.

I imagine it should begin to fix itself once the difficulty begins to rise significantly. I imagine an enormous amount of hashing power is joining the network constantly skewing the block rate. The difficulty has continued to rise considerably at each refocusing.

I thought this was the case originally, and correct me if I'm wrong, every time the diff jumps it should change to around 60 seconds and then, as hashing power come on board, gets back down to 1-4 seconds etc. But I haven't seen this, it always seem to be be continually 1-4 seconds per block, even right after a diff jump? Makes m think the code is wrong, 6 seconds instead of 60 etc

Difficulty cannot increase by more than a factor of 4. That's why the difficulty re-target cannot keep up at the moment with the ever increasing hashpower pointed to CHNcoin. It will catch up eventually, though.

Activity: 546
Aye its in EU so it's nice and close.
Activity: 42
Bitbuy

Activity: 546

Activity: 33

I imagine it should begin to fix itself once the difficulty begins to rise significantly. I imagine an enormous amount of hashing power is joining the network constantly skewing the block rate. The difficulty has continued to rise considerably at each refocusing, my mining rate has plummeted over the last few hours.
I'm mining at the EU pool and getting avg 88 CNC every ten minutes from the UK, pretty good at the moment.

What pool and how many kh/s
Bitbuy
I'm mining at the EU pool and getting avg 88 CNC every ten minutes from the UK, pretty good at the moment.

What's your hashrate? That's very good indeed!
Pages:
Jump to: