Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] a new coin based on Litecoin - CHNCoin - page 38. (Read 181137 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I'm mining at the EU pool and getting avg 88 CNC every ten minutes from the UK, pretty good at the moment.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
So, I have seen multiple diff jumps from when this was released. The OP says it should be a 60sec block target, I think he must have screwed up tho, I have never seen it less than a few seconds. Is this correct?

If it is always going to be just a few seconds, then the mining will slowly migrate to a specific location / country and mining outside of that area will not be worth it due to latency, rejects and orphans.
Activity: 42
We need to get a hold of the OP and help him improve his site, forum, image, promote, advertise. etc.

https://github.com/CHNCoin

^_^
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
First time solo here... I have a quick question about it.

my miner is connected to my solo server, so... finding new blocks are purely based on luck? is it normal that i have nothing for like 20minutes?

Yep, I have had 2 blocks in 20 minutes and at the moment I'm on zero blocks for about 2 hours. Complete luck, this coin is particularly bad due to the amount of orphans that are generated. Think I get roughly 1 in 3 confirmed block as genuine and not an orphan

A moment ago, I just got 3 rejected, 1 Accepted... anyhow it is good to know it is working fine Tongue
Activity: 33
Thanks man I am finding coins now that im using reaper instead of cgminer.

No worries, glad I could help  Grin
Activity: 515
Merit: 101
I use reaper since I've always had issues with cgminer

QT settings
Code:
rpcuser= ****
rpcpassword= ***
rpcallowip=127.0.0.*
rpcport=8844
daemon=1
server=1

reaper config

host 127.0.0.1
port 8844
user xxxxx
pass xxxxx

protocol litecoin

worksize 256
aggression 17
threads_per_gpu 1
sharethreads 32
lookup_gap 2
gpu_thread_concurrency 22392
long_polling yes

Thanks man I am finding coins now that im using reaper instead of cgminer.
Activity: 33

my miner is connected to my solo server, so... finding new blocks are purely based on luck? is it normal that i have nothing for like 20minutes?

Yep, I have had 2 blocks in 20 minutes and at the moment I'm on zero blocks for about 2 hours. Complete luck, this coin is particularly bad due to the amount of orphans that are generated. Think I get roughly 1 in 3 confirmed block as genuine and not an orphan

Yes, completely normal. It depends a lot on your hashrate how long it is expected to take to find a block.

Thanks! I was afraid of i did something wrong.
Activity: 686
Bitbuy

Yes, completely normal. It depends a lot on your hashrate how long it is expected to take to find a block.
Activity: 42
https://i.imgur.com/Yu5OuCN.png

Pool is going nicely, thanks Tittiez

Finally got going however it says....

"Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart"
"Straturm from pool 0 detected a new block"

The difficulty is really high on P2Pool. You won't see shares very often.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
well after 5 hours with 1000khs +  i still have 0 coins.

Welcome to the club  Cool

When the blocks are moving this fast you really need to be using long poll, or your miners will be spending a considerable amount of time hashing away at stale blocks.

I wrote a small guide for setting up a private pushpool  for feather coin when it was brand new and the same issues arose.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1867412

If you take time to set it up, it can vastly improve your solved rate, especially in this type of situation.

Is it possible to use Stratum on a private pool instead? Maybe via Stratum proxy?

You can, I do it quite often when working with/changing/testing pool software.

Will a person running a private pool for a few personal rigs see any benefit?

Not really. Look at how long LP has been around and how large pools grew and hash rates increased before the introduction of stratum was needed.

But then again , there is always the coolness factor of running the latest protocol... Cool     Cheesy

But will you still need pushpool? Or can Stratum Proxy connect to Bitcoind directly?

It might be possible, however there are larger concerns. Using pool software based on getwork makes for a  fairly easy shift/mod  to use between coins.  The daemon handles most of the work outside hashing the header.

With the modern block template protocols (GBT-Stratum),  the pool software is relying on template information from the daemon about the construction of the whole block.  This makes switching between coins, especially those with new concepts and data fields and coinbase transactions much harder and often requires changing hard coded values and/or adding code.

Many times one will not know that the pool software is not ready for a particular coin (before, during or even after modification) until your rigs solve a block and it goes off into the void. Either rejected with an error or I have some cases where the pool software just will not submit the block to the daemon...(Dealing with that one now...grrrr).

So, if you go that  route, make sure to test your config on the test net for the coin you want to mine. Better to discover an issue quickly there, then after hours of mining only to have the block rejected because of pool software/coin incompatibility.
legendary
Activity: 1442
After trying the pools for last 5 hours I switched back to solo mining and found a block after less than 5 minutes Smiley
Activity: 68
Anyone else's wallet syncing backwards! I think China just woke up...
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
GPUDude
Finally got going however it says....

"Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart"
"Straturm from pool 0 detected a new block"

And repeats that (the work restart one is more common).

Can you see if you are generating any shares at all? (i.e; actually mining)

Note:

This is on blastbob by the way...

--scrypt -o pool01-cnc.coinloot.com:8400 -u yourCNCaddress -p x -s 5 --expiry 5 --queue 0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have tried to solo mine and followed instructions, but when I click on SoloMine.bat the CMD window flashes up quickly and disappears... (cant see what the message says).... Any ideas how to get it working?
Bitbuy

When the blocks are moving this fast you really need to be using long poll, or your miners will be spending a considerable amount of time hashing away at stale blocks.

I wrote a small guide for setting up a private pushpool  for feather coin when it was brand new and the same issues arose.

If you take time to set it up, it can vastly improve your solved rate, especially in this type of situation.

Is it possible to use Stratum on a private pool instead? Maybe via Stratum proxy?

Not really. Look at how long LP has been around and how large pools grew and hash rates increased before the introduction of stratum was needed.

But then again , there is always the coolness factor of running the latest protocol... Cool     Cheesy

But will you still need pushpool? Or can Stratum Proxy connect to Bitcoind directly?
legendary
Activity: 1064

ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

I wrote a small guide for setting up a private pushpool  for feather coin when it was brand new and the same issues arose.

thx!

although i thought that with --expiry the miner starts looking again after 1s anyways?
Bitbuy

I wrote a small guide for setting up a private pushpool  for feather coin when it was brand new and the same issues arose.

Pages:
Jump to: