Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] a new coin based on Litecoin - CHNCoin - page 7. (Read 181103 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
Are there ways to earn this coin without mining, maybe by writing?
Activity: 148
Crazy!
Completely dead, I can't even sync my (new installed) client, stuck at 0 blocks:
chncoind getblockcount              

The exchange rate is SO low (cf http://coinplorer.com/Charts?fromCurrency=CNC&toCurrency=BTC&fromDate=) (10 times lower than what it was in june) and difficulty so high, I don't think this will ever come back...
There was 15 days between block 59735 and 59736!!! (see http://coinplorer.com/CNC)

Does anyone have a seed node I could use to sync my client?

thanks!
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
From looking at the source code on github, I see the Chinese devs committed a change to the difficulty adjustment formula 2 months ago!

They changed the difficulty adjustment from +/- 400% every 3.5days, down to +/- 150% every 24hours. Not terrific, still too aggressive and infrequent, but way better than it is at the moment.

The change is programmed to take effect at block 60,500 which is a long way off.

Make sure your client is updated to version 0.6.4 as this is a hard fork

Windows QT Client: http://sourceforge.net/projects/chncoin/files/0.6.4/CHNCoin-0.6.4-Windows-QT.zip/download
    Mac QT Client: http://sourceforge.net/projects/chncoin/files/0.6.4/CHNCoin-0.6.4-Mac-QT.zip/download
    Linux Client: http://sourceforge.net/projects/chncoin/files/0.6.4/CHNCoin-0.6.4-Linux.zip/download

Essentially what will happen is at block 60,480 the next old style 400% difficulty adjustment will occur as usual, which will cause a massive drop in difficulty, so the next 20 blocks, until the new less aggressive formula kicks in, will pass rapidly.

Activity: 236
OMG, Seriously, there is no support, there is no Dev, This coin is Dead. Get Real...
erk
Seems the next difficulty adjustment is at block 60,480 we are at block 59,739  so still months off unless more people start mining again.

I can't seem to find any peers on my client, can anyone tell me an addnode IP that's still working?

Activity: 236
LOL, Its Dead, Let it Die...
erk
So what's the story with CHNcoin, is there going to be an updated client with a faster diff correction to fix this high diff lock problem?

What block was the next diff adjustment scheduled for?

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
As much as I hate to ask it:

Is the last block created truly 2013-08-07 08:13:29?

The daemon on CCE is reporting that date as the last block also, so the explorer is correct in the sense it is reporting what the daemon is reporting.

Is the daemon on a fork, or has it truly been almost two weeks since the last block.

If so, I will have to consider taking CHNCoin off CCE.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
CNC is right now a telltale for exchanges that don't mind exposing their users to the potential liabilities of a dead coin with an unsafe network.

Which as of now seems to be all of them (except Gox)

Did Vircurex support this coin once upon a time? I don't recall, possibly it was one of the crapcoins it did try for a brief time then threw out?

-MarkM-
Activity: 218
Could anyone please explain in detail which files to update in the client? I am using v0.6.4.0-g0edcafa-beta and it's out of sync. Thanks in advance.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Is CHN dead now?

I sent a significant amount from btc-e to cryptsy on 07-11 and the tx is still pending. Last block seems to be from a few hours before my tx.  Undecided

Nobody mining anymore? Is my money lost now?

I have not coins,..., but I can say you high diff/low prices/low support are killing the coin.
The power it's too low compared with difficulty. You should help miners with some power if you want your tx arrive to cryptsy this month, you should join to a pool some days or weeks depends of your power.... You can offer a bounty/pay if you do not have a rig, or wait that some "big guy" miner needs change coins of address,...,

Pool example: http://chnpool.com

thx for your answer.

I would love to do so but i only have laptops and a fpga single that cannot be used to mine scrypt-based.

I guess I'll just wait then ... and never buy coins without up-front research  again. too bad that btc-e dropped them.

however ... waiting now
Activity: 206
Merit: 102
step forward
Is CHN dead now?

I sent a significant amount from btc-e to cryptsy on 07-11 and the tx is still pending. Last block seems to be from a few hours before my tx.  Undecided

I have not coins,..., but I can say you high diff/low prices/low support are killing the coin.
The power it's too low compared with difficulty. You should help miners with some power if you want your tx arrive to cryptsy this month, you should join to a pool some days or weeks depends of your power.... You can offer a bounty/pay if you do not have a rig, or wait that some "big guy" miner needs change coins of address,...,

Pool example: http://chnpool.com

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Is CHN dead now?

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
CNC traded @ Cryptsy

thats where coins go to die.
Activity: 770
CNC traded @ Cryptsy
Activity: 228
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The cryptocoin watcher
CNC is right now a telltale for exchanges that don't mind exposing their users to the potential liabilities of a dead coin with an unsafe network.

Which as of now seems to be all of them (except Gox)
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
if he mines all current blocks the say i implement a fix for this coin, traded volumes may go up as people regain interest....guess who'll be holding the most? most likely because it is on the larger exchanges it will rise the way FTC rose when people pumped. but the real key to a plan working is getting the exchanges to update to your version of the client, agreeing on which block to use as last checkpoint.
Activity: 708
So what is actually going on with this coin?  There is just one guy (presumably the guy posting under chncoinsavior) who is the only person mining 95% of all blocks.

Chncoinsaviour can you please explain yourself?  Why do you use all of your mining power to mine this coin, at the same time killing it?  What is being done to fix the client?  It seems that the litecoin blockchain is floating around the chncoin network and causing clients to become desynced with the main chain.  I think there are some other forks floating around the network as well.

Is this coin dead?

assumption is the mother of...
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
So what is actually going on with this coin?  There is just one guy (presumably the guy posting under chncoinsavior) who is the only person mining 95% of all blocks.

Chncoinsaviour can you please explain yourself?  Why do you use all of your mining power to mine this coin, at the same time killing it?  What is being done to fix the client?  It seems that the litecoin blockchain is floating around the chncoin network and causing clients to become desynced with the main chain.  I think there are some other forks floating around the network as well.

Is this coin dead?
Pages:
Jump to: