Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AEON [2019-09-27: Upgrade to version 0.13.0.0 ASAP HF@1146200 Oct 25] - page 4. (Read 625085 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Where are i can find peers to synchronizing with network?
I started aeond, but he can`t find peers
Code:
WARN    cn      src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_core.cpp:1738    There were 0 blocks in the last 90 minutes, there might be large hash rate changes, or we might be partitioned, cut off from the Aeon network or under attack. Or it could be just sheer bad luck.

If you build from source you will get the updated seed list if not then add some of these using the command line

full_addrs.insert("104.168.163.221:11180");
      full_addrs.insert("74.91.23.186:11180");
      full_addrs.insert("192.187.114.114:11180");
      full_addrs.insert("188.166.75.158:11180");
      full_addrs.insert("209.126.84.37:11180");
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
Where are i can find peers to synchronizing with network?
I started aeond, but he can`t find peers
Code:
WARN    cn      src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_core.cpp:1738    There were 0 blocks in the last 90 minutes, there might be large hash rate changes, or we might be partitioned, cut off from the Aeon network or under attack. Or it could be just sheer bad luck.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 535
a lot of questions pending.
we need at least some guidelines.
Activity: 346
Merit: 23
decentralized markets

This is good input. We should extend bounties to integration on DeFi bridges and swap platforms.

We can make this a generalized push for robust liquidity, rather than focusing on legacy centralized exchanges.

What ideas do you have in mind for listing aeon?

Please discuss what you want to do or are trying to do.
Recall that Cam has the aeonfunding.com that has been inactive for 2 years we used for bounties but still recoverable and still has the 10k or so Aeon in there for the “community fund”. You would need to contact him to get this back online since he got new servers and I don’t think migrated it yet.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2480
Sad news for AEON, AEON is delisted on Bittrex. So until 20 May, pull all AEON from Bittrex. Here is the current announcement for the delisting.

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/5050294907291-Wallet-Removal-Notice-05-20-2022

AEON is now unfortunately no longer represented on any major exchange and is falling further and further behind, hopefully not into insignificance?

Maybe we could offer a bounty structure for community members to recruit exchanges?
[/quote]

Yea do you remember www.aeonfunding.com run by Cam? How well did that work for proposals to fund listing fees for exchanges in 2017/2018/2019?
I even had exchanges like atomicdex (one of the first large-scale dex) that nobody wanted to fund, back when Aeon was 10x and 50x its current price.
There is little to no community left for this and the leg work will have to be done by you and or stoffu, or designate a specific person who is considered a dev team member for marketing and exchange contacts (will need KYC 100% to do this with legit exchanges)

RE: atomicswaps
Did you ever see how many Aeon users actually used BisQ? 3 people.
Nobody wants to actually use this. It's a great concept but worthless for anything more than PR stunts. Want to pump the coin price? Market Atomicswaps integrated.
Want to add actual value to the project? Get listed on some larger DEX and centralized exchanges or finish ledger/trezor support.

If you want to get on larger exchanges, you will need a minimum of $100k each unless you have inside access like Bittrex. Kraken, Poloneix, Coinbase, Binance, Huboi.

Just trying to help here because you know, been there done that.
citation: This is good input. We should extend bounties to integration on DeFi bridges and swap platforms.

We can make this a generalized push for robust liquidity, rather than focusing on legacy centralized exchanges.

[/quote]
good move.

from haveno site:

https://haveno.exchange/faq/#what-currencies-will-be-listed

What currencies will be listed?

We plan to launch with support for at least:

Cryptocurrencies: Monero (XMR), Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH) , Ethereum (ETH)

Fiat: Euro (EUR), US Dollars (USD), British Pounds (GBP)

This list is not final. We will have a small set of currencies at launch, but more will follow shortly after.
legendary
decentralized markets

This is good input. We should extend bounties to integration on DeFi bridges and swap platforms.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Perhaps we should also try to get some more centralized exchanges, though I agree time may be passing them by. But for now they are still useful.

During the 2021 bull market, many of the most spectacular small cap runs happened on smart contract based markets. Centralized exchanges listed them _after_ their success on decentralized markets.

These markets have the advantage of incentivized participation from new generation of small cap traders (who are very different in nature from 2017, but also larger in number).

Monero is already integrated to secretswap, which has inferior privacy compared to atomic swaps, but it opens to an entirely new user base and liquidity structure. The integration with thorswap afaik is still ongoing, but that opens the possibility to trade Monero directly against native tokens of other chains (btc, eth, doge, ltc, bnb, luna, and some others).

Privacy is worse in both cases, compared to atomic swaps, but at this point lack of liquidity is a more pressing issue.

There is going to be a privacy themed bull run, and it will likely happen on a newer generation, more decentralized cross-chain platform. Aeon is so cheap right now, that even the promise of future integration there could spark some interest and activism - as it did for other projects.
legendary
devs, tradeogre is fully functional,
but please find another solution, DEX or swap structure;

@stoffu, do you know if the atomic swaps that exist on Monero are feasible for AEON?

Perhaps we should also try to get some more centralized exchanges, though I agree time may be passing them by. But for now they are still useful. Maybe we could offer a bounty structure for community members to recruit exchanges?
Activity: 806
Merit: 423
Speaking of bittrex, they still have 1 xmr of mine that I deposited years ago and they never let me withdraw because kyc
Activity: 236
Merit: 10
Because bittrex is on the brim of extinction. They are antsy about new listings and are purging the existing ones. My nose smells big drama. Centralized monoliths of crypto vanish from space making users rush out as they see it, and in turn flow of capital dwarfs as market makers do not longer see the advantage of making fake volume on the account of user exodus.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/tu1p1p/aeonbtc_pending_market_removals_delisting_notice/

Although I don’t use Bittrex myself, this seems like a major loss. Can this be prevented somehow?

I asked them if they would reconsider, but based on a past experience my guess would be that they won't. They seem to have been removing a lot of low volume coins as well as privacy-enhanced coins. I don't have any information as to why they made this decision and I doubt they would provide any beyond the referenced policy.

I will report back if I have any other info.

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/5049540514459-Pending-Market-Removal-s-Delisting-Notice-04-15-2022
https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/tu1p1p/aeonbtc_pending_market_removals_delisting_notice/

Although I don’t use Bittrex myself, this seems like a major loss. Can this be prevented somehow?

I asked them if they would reconsider, but based on a past experience my guess would be that they won't. They seem to have been removing a lot of low volume coins as well as privacy-enhanced coins. I don't have any information as to why they made this decision and I doubt they would provide any beyond the referenced policy.

for sure, it is a great loss.
but time is not at centralized exchanges. the good period has elapsed.
devs, tradeogre is fully functional,
but please find another solution, DEX or swap structure;

i have noted but neither explored or used,
xchange.me appears ready to use aeon.

what about aeon.to revival?
legendary

Activity: 203
Merit: 166

legendary
@smooth

Have you heard anything from Bittrex about the Aeon wallet that has been offline for 2-3 weeks now?

I was told the Bittrex wallet is working again. I didn't confirm myself.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 19
@smooth

Have you heard anything from Bittrex about the Aeon wallet that has been offline for 2-3 weeks now?

They're aware of it, I don't know any more than that.

Would be great to clarify from developer/owner perspective. They are not replying to ticket at least to regular user.
Pages:
Jump to: