Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AEON [2019-09-27: Upgrade to version 0.13.0.0 ASAP HF@1146200 Oct 25] - page 5. (Read 625085 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
can devs comment on connection/sync issues in aeon daemon Chronos version?

after building, i notice sync errors now

daemon used to sync fine in years past, now it stalls a lot

https://github.com/aeonix/aeon/issues/265
Activity: 346
Merit: 23
@smooth

Have you heard anything from Bittrex about the Aeon wallet that has been offline for 2-3 weeks now?

They're aware of it, I don't know any more than that.

Was anyone ever set as the “ceo” or whatever they asked for?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
@smooth

Have you heard anything from Bittrex about the Aeon wallet that has been offline for 2-3 weeks now?

They're aware of it, I don't know any more than that.
Activity: 367
Merit: 41
@smooth

apparently you can buy and sell,
do you mean you can't receive and withdraw ?
@smooth

legendary
I see that you reported it on GitHub. Thank you.
plan support ubuntu 20?

coin should be switched to RandomX?

If you know of a problem with Ubuntu 20 please report it. I think the readme may just need to be updated.

There is no plan to switch to RandomX.

I run git submodule update --init --force --remote --recursive

fatal: Needed a single revision
Unable to find current origin/monero revision in submodule path 'external/miniupnp'
legendary
plan support ubuntu 20?

If you know of a problem with Ubuntu 20 please report it. I think the readme may just need to be updated.

There is no plan to switch to RandomX.
plan support ubuntu 20?

Activity: 11
Ok thank you for the discussion.

waiting patiently for the new release..maybe we come back from asic/fgpa friendly coin ? because benefit has been low..

Honestly, it doesn't make any sense to fork back to RandomX at this point. Supply is almost exhausted and with tail emissions kicking in soon its probably better to have very efficient FPGA running transactions than a bunch of CPU that may or may not be online 24/7. Yes, CPU mining is community-friendly but Aeon made the choice to go to FPGA and there haven't been any asics on the network since launch. I'm quite surprised at this as well but believe it's probably related in part due to supply chain constraints on chips and just overall lack of value to make chips for a low cap coin the last 2 years.

Monero and most of the rest of the CN community seem set on keeping RandomX indefinitely since it's secure as-is and everyone seems to like it noting the hash rate right now.
Activity: 11
Next release is incoming #soon

Do we have a timeline for the next release? Will it be v0.14.2.0 or v0.15.0.0?

waiting patiently for the new release..maybe we come back from asic/fgpa friendly coin ? because benefit has been low..
Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/status/1483454061038997508

could this new ultra-low-voltage asics apply in the case of aeon ?

Hi, guys.

Can Aeon be mined again?

It has always been mineable
Activity: 2

Hi, guys.

Can Aeon be mined again?
Activity: 1918
Merit: 535
It appears Aeon just needs the last commit merged then a version bump and should be good for a release.

good news.
It appears Aeon just needs the last commit merged then a version bump and should be good for a release.
legendary
Very sorry, it is easy to get aggressive on these faceless internet forums. I am angered from being ignored and told to leave when I am only asking for them to maintain the project like they promise. It is a simple copy and paste from monero. Now I cannot express myself sincerely so I will move on from this forum.

You are not ignored.

You just don’t have the approval for all of your ideas by the one person who owns the keys to the aeon project.

If the community approves them (whatever is left of that in 2021) and smooth as well then they get integrated. Technical discussion is more than acceptable however you MUST prove your point as being the more logical decision, even if it takes 6 months to convince anyone. Aeon isn’t some agile crypto project. Slow and steady wins the race sometimes.

I don't gatekeep on development, unless it got to a point were someone was being disruptive (hasn't happened, though some of the rebase discussions got close).

I participate in the discussions and when there is consensus* to move forward with a path of development, I merge the PRs.

As you say, not every idea will get consensus. Those that do may take some time.

*consensus is going to be weighted on the basis of people making substantive contributions for an extended period. If you show up, don't expect to have a big voice right away, but you will be welcome to contribute and offer input.
Pages:
Jump to: