Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 10. (Read 137228 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
May 05, 2014, 04:14:12 PM
Who is trying to prop up the price with the buy orders of 10s?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
May 04, 2014, 10:32:16 PM
Hmm... new to crypto I see... thanks for the wise words of wisdom. xD

So how is DIEM doing? Dogecoin? Wait, I know.. RonPaulCoin...

Devs are not the ones who determine the value. Obviously, at this point, the value is still in our hands. As long as they are not dumping or screwing with our holdings... then the market is as valuable as any other market. (All of which, for the majority, are also on a down-trend.)

There is just over a month on the charts, and two-months is rolling around. Will not be long before someone sees an opportunity to make gains from direct manipulation. They already did it, to get it here. It didn't get here by dumping all holdings. The greatest majority of mined coins are still in the original wallets, and sitting off-exchange.

Gotta spend $1,000 to make $100,000. Someone will.

Run-up the diff, see what happens. xD.

Two months is hardly long-term. It is good that the hoppers left, and dumped. They got nothing on the way out. Why would we give them high values?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 04, 2014, 07:54:37 PM
I would disagree with you on that. Latest trend is to create POS (see BC for instance, or Sharecoin that you still have a few hours to register and get free coins) coin, then use whatever you have
(GPU, ASIC,SHA) to mine other coins, sell them right away to support POS coin. So whoever enters AIR pool to mine would most likely sell it for (keyword!) WHATEVER AT THAT MOMENT IS and will move on. AIR Coin as it is right now has absolutely nothing going for it, I just don't see how anyone at this point would keep it for future investment so don't get too excited.
You are waiting for cat in a hat AIR2.0 (which you have no idea of) while looking at 1st incarnation miserably failing on ALL fronts. Now, I don't exclude the fact that they will come with some sort of good idea, but chances are miserable so take your holdings at this point as what they are - gamble (with odds hugely against you).
May 04, 2014, 05:39:49 PM
Well, for what it is worth, the Diff is rising nice and slow... (As opposed to spiking up to unsustainable levels.)

Went from 0.45 to 0.55 to 0.65 to 0.75 to 0.85, and getting near 0.95... So support is still there, and real. Now, hopefully, price will come up to match the level of those mining it.

Each day the BTC hike draws nearer and nearer... Each day, more and more scrypt-ASIC's are being added to the market. They didn't invest to get less. They are investing to get more, which they will get, as everyone shifts from coin to coin. They are filling-up the low-diff gaps and avoiding the high-diff coins which have little chance of going up 1000% in value. They are smart, history is about to repeat itself for the 6th time.

Get what low value coins you can, while they are all still low. The lower, the better!
Activity: 742
May 03, 2014, 11:28:00 PM
God, 0.00003...
My 160AIR aren't worth anything...

Look at it this way. You had stake in probably the biggest fail in altcoin history (as did I).

That's really saying something.

Congratulations.

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
May 03, 2014, 09:50:35 PM
I hope to hear some news soon...
Activity: 140
Bored
May 03, 2014, 05:04:44 PM
God, 0.00003...
My 160AIR aren't worth anything...
Activity: 239
May 03, 2014, 04:48:42 PM

Scrypt-N won't change anything in my opinion. As a GPU miner myself, the arrival of scrypt asic is the death of me. However, to the overall future of crypto, it helps raise the coin's value due to the sustainability and commitment of the ASIC buyers/farmers. People who say ASIC is unfair and undermines the distribution aspect of Cryptocurrency are delusional. It is already unfair without ASIC. GPU farms with 100+ gpus are already considered as "small farms". Normal users just can't compete with that. In fact, the only way to compete with big GPU farms is to buy ASIC lol.

I was ANTI-ASIC cause it would give enormous hasrate to people with enough  money to buy KnC, KnC are a big step in hashrate compared to Gridseeds, however you really can't stop ASIC , and SCRIPT-N is already ASIC friendly... just look at this
https://www.flowertechnology.com/product/the-daisy/

I'm sure my mining days are over...from now on my graphic card is going to be used just to play games. Don´t think i would even buy something like the daisy, after all what is 10 Mh/s when there are already people with 1GH/s Scrypt mining power?
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
May 03, 2014, 04:33:04 PM
Sold all AIR, good luck to those who stay, I am out. I just don't see how AIR team is going to win in cryptoworld with this attitude to their investors.

+1

Can't believe people are still clinging on to this coin.

The devs actions or lack of action show that this coin is dead.

Sold all my AIR while it was still worth a little something.

Your loss of opportunity with other coins that have a future and are making profits today grows larger every day you waste hashes on this failed experiment.

Cut your loses and move IMHO.
Activity: 42
May 03, 2014, 03:35:16 PM
Sold all AIR, good luck to those who stay, I am out. I just don't see how AIR team is going to win in cryptoworld with this attitude to their investors.
Activity: 70
May 03, 2014, 01:20:23 PM
Premined won't be sold anytime soon. the volume is too low to dump anything. the average volume on poloniex is less than  $10 USD.

I do find the Aircoin team to be very professional in the beginning. However, when shit hits the fan, they backed off and disappeared. To me that is not a professional way to deal with anything in life. Without constant communication, FUD happens. That's is the nail to the coffin for any crypto that is losing steam. Even horrible politicians/ceo who lose the country/company billions can still remain in their positions... why? because they communicate and butter us up with what is coming in the future.

What the team should have done is to post regularly to comment the state of affairs of things, and any neutral and positive comments will do.

The amount of AIR I am holding was considered a lot in the beginning, but now it's a insignificant amount compared to what other's have mined.

It is really too bad that the community can't take over due to the premined coin. There were a lot of intelligent and passionate contributors on this thread, as a community we can probably revive it but I think it has passed that point.

Scrypt-N won't change anything in my opinion. As a GPU miner myself, the arrival of scrypt asic is the death of me. However, to the overall future of crypto, it helps raise the coin's value due to the sustainability and commitment of the ASIC buyers/farmers. People who say ASIC is unfair and undermines the distribution aspect of Cryptocurrency are delusional. It is already unfair without ASIC. GPU farms with 100+ gpus are already considered as "small farms". Normal users just can't compete with that. In fact, the only way to compete with big GPU farms is to buy ASIC lol.

Also, the Alliance the Aircoin team proposed seems like a bad idea to me. The investment pool was suppose to "pump and dump" other coins and return the profit back to AIRcoin's value. It's pretty genius because the Pump and Dump weakens competing coin while attracting buyers / investors to Aircoin's raising value. It is possible the most profitable pump and dumb is a coin that is part of the Alliance, if the investment pool attack it, the Alliance is no more.

ANyways, I'm done with my rant.

Bottomline, the idea of an investment pool is awesome, but the execution by the Aircoin team was horrendous.
Activity: 174
May 03, 2014, 01:07:02 AM
I'm back to check in on the depressing state of things.
Did the premine really get sold?
Are you fucking kidding me.
Premine Not sold read here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476383.1980
Activity: 70
May 03, 2014, 01:02:22 AM
I'm back to check in on the depressing state of things.
Did the premine really get sold?
Are you fucking kidding me.
Activity: 174
May 03, 2014, 01:00:27 AM
Poloniex is down, wallet server hacked. Busoni says all coins and deposits safe. Seems it will be back up by tomorrow.
Read here for more if you were wondering why you couldn't access your AIR coins or other.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6515293
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
May 02, 2014, 03:08:55 PM
I always felt the dev team came across as extremely professional, especially compared to some of the stuff which was coming out at the time Air came along.  If their initial vision/goals for the coin ever come to fruition, your insanity would hopefully be rewarded...  and mine too  Grin

I am still banking on that.

Literally. xD
Banking on it too but losing hope.........
May 02, 2014, 12:13:24 PM
I always felt the dev team came across as extremely professional, especially compared to some of the stuff which was coming out at the time Air came along.  If their initial vision/goals for the coin ever come to fruition, your insanity would hopefully be rewarded...  and mine too  Grin

I am still banking on that.

Literally. xD
Activity: 86
May 02, 2014, 11:50:44 AM
I must be out of my mind, I am back to mining this again. I just can't resist the low diff and tons of aircoin dropping into my wallet. I will either be patting myself on the back or calling myself a fool at some point.... whenever that may be. Too long and I may lose my sanity.   Tongue

heh, i come back to it every once in a while when the diff is low enough to solo and still see those notifications every once in a while for that visual gratification that your machine is being productive

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
May 02, 2014, 11:22:23 AM
I must be out of my mind, I am back to mining this again. I just can't resist the low diff and tons of aircoin dropping into my wallet. I will either be patting myself on the back or calling myself a fool at some point.... whenever that may be. Too long and I may lose my sanity.   Tongue
Activity: 9
May 01, 2014, 12:40:30 AM
this was always one of the most undervalued coins out there.i like the name above most others.
·
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
May 01, 2014, 12:01:25 AM
I started mining this again. It always remains "profitable" as I mine it, but only if I intend to sell it right away. Since I have not been selling, I have only seen my unrealized gains dwindle. There is no sense in continuing. I should have just mined something else and bought in at these prices. Oh well. I hope something significant is announced soon or there may be a point of no return for interest in this project. Not gonna dump the coins I have, but I think I am gonna be satisfied with my current stake and leave it at that.
Pages:
Jump to: