Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 6. (Read 137228 times)

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790
Shitcoin Minimalist
July 27, 2014, 04:21:30 PM
I'm still hodling. Who knows, maybe they'll come through at some point.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
July 25, 2014, 06:23:19 PM
Can anyone here help me with a wallet issue? I had a power outage, after recovery my AirCoin wallet that was open now has an incorrect balance. I re-downloaded the block chain and it did nothing to solve the problem. Can anyone tell me what I might do to fix this wallet?
Thanks

--EDIT never mind I dumpprivkey from the bad wallet and importprivkey to another wallet seemed to solve the problem. Although I don't know what happened and I don't know if there is a faster way to fix than the one address at a time that I did?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
July 09, 2014, 08:48:59 AM
I emailed them twice over the last two weeks and received no response. The devs are either selective on what they reply to or they don't give a damn and never check. What conflicts me is that someone is still maintaining the website. A month ago the website got hacked and the front page was changed. Within a few days it was back up and running. If you have abandoned a coin why bother keeping the website up or even have it at all?

Global hashrate is going up but that is to be expected with scrypt asics becoming cheaper and more readily available. The price per coin seems to stay around 1000 sats and with the coin having as low as 5 mhz global hash someone figured out you can throw a spare asic at to make some profit... or at least accumulate just incase a dev decides to post a smiley face which at this point would cause a price rise.

All of the pre-mine is still where it should be except for the questionable 10k that was moved. I emailed them about it but have not received a response yet. I just wanted to know if that 10k was a bounty or payment to a dev.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 08, 2014, 11:44:32 PM
Any news from the devs? Making the rounds to see if there is any life in the older coins that at once had some potential. I reached out to [email protected] recently with no luck so I'm assuming they've moved on. No sure though. Thanks
4ex
Activity: 54
July 02, 2014, 10:06:41 AM
http://178.76.210.190:2630 P2Pool-node
http://178.76.210.190:2630/static/ statistics
1.0% fee
Welkome!
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
June 21, 2014, 11:13:42 AM
Holy sh1t, DEV logged in yesterday, price should spike again.  Wink
Activity: 46
June 17, 2014, 07:23:20 PM
I'm honestly surprised that the coin hasn't been delisted off Poloniex yet. At least the good thing about those sudden increases in buy/sells every few days is it keeps the coin on the exchange.

We should be OK for a while. Right now there are 22 other coins on poloniex with less volume than AIRcoin, some with zero volume.
June 17, 2014, 06:38:05 PM
I'm honestly surprised that the coin hasn't been delisted off Poloniex yet. At least the good thing about those sudden increases in buy/sells every few days is it keeps the coin on the exchange.
Activity: 281
June 17, 2014, 06:12:06 PM
I moved that miner over to diggerpool.com for a little, moving it back now.
June 17, 2014, 06:08:53 PM
I think the devs may have moved on. I'm sure one of the new coins that is being pumped and dumped was created by this "team"
June 17, 2014, 05:58:37 PM
Oh I'm all for letting run since I mine on the pool. Not sure how everyone else will feel though. Speaking of, do you think the devs know or even care that people still mine this coin?
June 17, 2014, 05:30:11 PM
I'm just trying to stress the server, and the wallet. Do you think
i should let it run for a while, or pull it off?

1 Hour should be enough on carbonshark. Lots of block though.
June 17, 2014, 05:17:39 PM
So that's you I see on carbonshark with that much hashrate. I'm liking the 20 seconds per block but it's going to be rough once you take that miner off.
June 17, 2014, 04:54:40 PM
I threw 90Mh/s at AIR just to see what happens..
June 17, 2014, 11:20:03 AM
www.diggerpool.com also has AIR. It is a NOMP based pool, and as such, you mine directly to your wallet or to your exchange wallet. The coins are paid out as soon as the block is confirmed by the blockchain. You do not need to register to use this pool.
June 17, 2014, 09:56:18 AM
Carbonshark pool is down. I like it but seems the guy who runs it is not interested anymore.How to solo mine AIR? Never did it.
Normally I have config.conf file for every coin that I mine, so I just rename configDoge.conf -> config.conf and double click cgminer.exe and it would mine Doge and so on
for all coins that I have, but I never solomined. Anyone cares how to do it?
P.S. I looked at 1st page of this coin and created in roaming/Aircoin folder file with name aircoin.conf and put there what is on 1st page (with my name and password), then I am stumbled as I don't know what it means to start cgminer with --scrypt ....
(If Carbonshark comes back to life I would gladly join back again with my ATI R290)

Thank you.

Hello from the guy who runs it..My sincerest apologies, I had done an update to MPOS pool software that broke the outgoing mail sent from the pool server. After much searching, it seems that the directory locations have changed slightly. I have fixed the issue, and the outgoing mail is functioning fine now. pitythepool has an outstanding pool operator as well. I am still running air.carbonshark.com
Activity: 42
June 16, 2014, 01:25:39 PM
Thank you, just hoped in in pitythepool, so far looks good.
Again, thank you for your help.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
June 16, 2014, 12:53:39 PM
Carbonshark pool is down. I like it but seems the guy who runs it is not interested anymore.How to solo mine AIR? Never did it.
Normally I have config.conf file for every coin that I mine, so I just rename configDoge.conf -> config.conf and double click cgminer.exe and it would mine Doge and so on
for all coins that I have, but I never solomined. Anyone cares how to do it?
P.S. I looked at 1st page of this coin and created in roaming/Aircoin folder file with name aircoin.conf and put there what is on 1st page (with my name and password), then I am stumbled as I don't know what it means to start cgminer with --scrypt ....
(If Carbonshark comes back to life I would gladly join back again with my ATI R290)

Thank you.

http://air.pitythepool.com is still up and running, I have had one of my little Gridseeds running there for weeks now. 
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
June 16, 2014, 11:55:50 AM
that problem has been around for a while now. it's usually okay. you can compare the block height of your wallet (the smaller of the two numbers) with say what air.carbonshark or block explorer is showing as the current block height. they should be the same or very close to each other.
Activity: 42
June 16, 2014, 10:51:31 AM
I have AIRcoin-v8.6.2_KGW wallet (It is on official Aircoin website) installed. When I start wallet it syncs, but as soon as new block is created wallet shows not synced. Does
anyone have this problem? I would like to solomine AIR but I don't know if it is possible to actually find any blocks while wallet is unsyced.
Pages:
Jump to: