Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 9. (Read 137228 times)

legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
May 13, 2014, 06:04:14 PM
Yes, my mistake it is still there, but there is no checkbox with AIR sign on it (on the right side from ticker graph), only when you input btc-air it would show up.

thats not true.  It's listed in alphabetical order just like it always has been
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 13, 2014, 08:27:54 AM
Yes, my mistake it is still there, but there is no checkbox with AIR sign on it (on the right side from ticker graph), only when you input btc-air it would show up.
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
Crypto enthusiast
May 13, 2014, 12:27:16 AM
looks like aircoin delisted from Poloniex.

where did you see this ann? i can still see it listed on poloniex and there is no mention of it in their twitter feed
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
May 12, 2014, 08:27:26 PM
  They haven't been criminal or crooked from my point of view though.  Disorganized and unprofessional sure, but not crooks.
If they made the claims they made in a "real" securities market. They would definitely be prosecuted. No question.
Wisely they appear to have deleted or hidden some of the original claims from the website.
I have old screenshots somewhere though
Activity: 42
May 12, 2014, 08:17:24 PM
looks like aircoin delisted from Poloniex.
Activity: 28
May 10, 2014, 10:37:33 AM
The more interesting coin, I join in the consider.
Activity: 714
Merit: 661
May 10, 2014, 10:19:08 AM
Developers have not jumped the ship, spoke with recently.

What I think, the adoption of AIRCoin will be driven by merchant more than initial believers, which is a different battlefield than Bitcoin's.

Merchant will accept anything certified by their banks, and AIRCoin definitively have features that can interest banks. They finally won't see it a speculation tool, but as a stable currency. (Which I think bitcoin will become at some place, but maybe too late ? future will tell us.)

Interesting project for that, though, adoption will be decided by banks who will push to merchant.
What I fear is that stability of the currency is not enough for them, they want proven usage, but usage can't come without initial believers which is us.
This problem is similar to the business model of social networks. A social network need to be popular to become popular. A chicken & egg problem.

Can't wait what comes next though.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 10, 2014, 01:42:50 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to call the developers crooked.  I think they just failed miserably at what they aimed to do, which is to create a coin with an always steadily rising exchange rate through market manipulation with trading bots.

Maybe they will come up with another plan, maybe not.  The first AIRcoin definitely had some flaws, in my opinion:

The amount of time between when mining started and when the first exchange opened was WAY too long.  Not very many people bought into the concept; the coin was not terribly popular with just a few miners sticking with it for any length of time.  This allowed some people to pile up a lot of AIR for selling on the exchanges - far too many "whales"

The "dynamic" block reward adjustment based on current exchange rate was not in place when AIR hit Poloniex, to me this was a crucial part of making this work.  TeamAIR seemed to think it was something they could add later, and I think they were very wrong.  Once the heavy miner-dumpers started selling their AIRcoin the price was falling too fast for TeamAIR to keep up.  Had the mining rewards been drastically reduced at first sight of this, it may have been possible to save the coin.
Activity: 5
May 10, 2014, 12:09:15 AM
Thanks for the information Smiley
legendary
May 09, 2014, 11:01:47 PM
I don't hold any AIR however, why don't the community take this over and hard fork the coin, invalidate the premine etc. similar to what people did with AsiaCoin? There seam to be a lot of people who lost money here as well because of crooked developers.

crooked developers?  what thread are you reading? 
He might be reading the thread where the developers claimed they "hired a team of traders".

ya that sounds totally crooked Roll Eyes

screw them for trying

I remember early on, one of the developers said he was 'being paid' for this coin. One possibility is that this was a paid research initiative, and they have since pulled the plug, wouldn't surprise me.

for sure.  I am not trying to say the devs have been good.  They have had terrible communication and its hard to tell if AIR2.0 will ever happen or wtf is going on.  They haven't been criminal or crooked from my point of view though.  Disorganized and unprofessional sure, but not crooks.
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
May 09, 2014, 10:50:49 PM
I don't hold any AIR however, why don't the community take this over and hard fork the coin, invalidate the premine etc. similar to what people did with AsiaCoin? There seam to be a lot of people who lost money here as well because of crooked developers.

He might be reading the thread where the developers claimed they "hired a team of traders".

screw them for trying

I remember early on, one of the developers said he was 'being paid' for this coin. One possibility is that this was a paid research initiative, and they have since pulled the plug, wouldn't surprise me.
legendary
May 09, 2014, 10:42:42 PM

screw them for trying
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
May 09, 2014, 10:36:02 PM

Activity: 16
May 09, 2014, 04:11:23 PM
I will pay attention to the site of those false,thanks for your work.
legendary
May 09, 2014, 03:56:23 PM

crooked developers?  what thread are you reading?  Not every failure or setback is due to malintent.  I can only speak for myself of course but I would not support a switch like that.  What good could it possibly do?  What would it change?
Activity: 840
Twitter: @FedKassad
May 09, 2014, 03:52:57 PM
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
May 08, 2014, 10:20:28 PM
I mine and purchase this coin even though it seems to be dead. Still waiting on what the devs plan on doing so in the mean time my coin stash just will keep growing. In the next few weeks I'll have to take a business trip and I just know that is when the zero hour will start.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
May 08, 2014, 09:07:51 AM
AIR Team regulation update question.

In the beginning the team talked about having to prove the coin in a very short period of time of about 3 months, if I remember right. This was because there were new regulations coming that were going to bring down cryptocoins as we know them today. The team said this coin was being developed to fit in with current business models so it could withstand this storm that would leave few if any coins in it's wake. So my question is where are these regulations or the corporate takeover of the cryptocoin world? I'm not mocking, I'm asking did things change is this no longer an issue or were they delayed? It doesn't seem the team has the sense of urgency they did before.
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
May 06, 2014, 05:09:26 PM
I hope to hear some news soon...

Keep the faith.....

"Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: arniebaby on: Today at 03:06:18 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
Quote from: arniebaby on May 04, 2014, 10:38:43 AM
Any updates yet? Or are we abandoned??

First off, I am very sorry for the late reply.

We're working on the update for the Beta software as well as the newer one. We'll be using the existing software (the Beta) to help test new innovations as well. This includes a fix for the KGW and the Litecoin IRC broadcasting issue that have come up in the last two weeks.

We're also in the process of expanding our coding team to help shoulder the workload and gain some additional expertise with the new protocols for the variable block reward, and when we have a clear project timeline for the new software, we will certainly announce it."
Activity: 504
May 05, 2014, 09:57:37 PM
Who is trying to prop up the price with the buy orders of 10s?

I assume someone who, like me, still has faith in gains to be made in the future. I have purchased all I could, and I am tapped-out... So there is another person doing the buying now.

Was funny, usually the diff falls slow.... this afternoon it went from 45.7K (0.69732), immediately down to 40.2K (0.613403)...

Normally it would have gone... 45.7K, 45.6K, 45.5K, 45.4K... even if a bunch of miners hopped-off at once. It was just real odd to see a large jump down like that, instantly, on one block.

I assume that was the daily adjustment point, which is calculated separately from the per-block adjustment.
Pages:
Jump to: