Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 14. (Read 137270 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
April 24, 2014, 11:37:29 AM
What should I so with my Aircoins? Wait for the devs to come back? Sell them? Hold and hope for the best?

I wish I knew, guess I'll hold and hope for the best
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
April 24, 2014, 11:01:30 AM
What should I so with my Aircoins? Wait for the devs to come back? Sell them? Hold and hope for the best?
Activity: 146
April 24, 2014, 10:58:45 AM
The devs are probably busy with exams and working on the x11 move.

It's time to mine!

You will get 1:1 for the new coin
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
April 24, 2014, 01:23:50 AM
Imagine a day where TeamAIRCoin posts here again.  Will be quite the mind blowing moment.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
April 24, 2014, 01:09:21 AM
Can someone please give me a mining tip based on their experience? I get home and see 4 accepted and 5 rejected. My scantime is 5 and expiry is 25. Should I up my expiry to something like 30 would that help to lessen rejected rate but maybe less accepted too?
this is for solomining

Are you using "--failover-only" ?

Anyway this is the best explanation I've found for expiry and scantime:

Expiry is the upper bound on how many seconds after getting work we consider a share from it stale, and it defaults to 120 seconds. That means every two minutes it will double check the current work to see if it is expired. Stratum should make this unnecessary, because it should notify the client when new work is available, but in the case where stratum doesn't notify, expiry will cause it to pick up the new work after a maximum of 2 minutes. If you're seeing lots of stales, lowering this should help, because you'll pick up the new work more frequently, at the cost of bandwidth overhead.

Scan-time is the upper bound on time spent scanning current work in seconds, and it default to -1, which is forever. This could be used to prevent work on stale blocks in the case of a network outage where new work isn't avaiable: By setting it to 5 minutes, if the miner can't get new work in 5 minutes, it'll stop looking and save you the electricity. It defaults to -1 so that you'll never stop looking, even in the case of stale work.

By setting each of these to 1 and 1, you're going for the insanity wolf level of difficulty: Every 1 second, go see if there's new work, and if you can't verify the work for 1 second, stop scanning.

Sensible settings are x0.25 - x0.5 your block confirmation time for expiry, and -1 for scan time: That ensure that you check for work on average 2-4 times before you actually expect to see new work on average, even though with stratum you don't need to, and you'll keep looking even in the case that the current work couldn't be verified to be current.

Credits to Kevlar from Feathercoin forum

This is my bat file for Soloing AIR in case diff drops below 0.5

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer.exe  --scrypt --no-submit-stale --failover-only -o http://127.0.0.1:xxxx  -O name:password -o stratum+tcp://air.carbonshark.com:9444 -O name:password  --xintensity 4 --worksize 64 -g 2  --thread-concurrency 16384 --queue 0

Using  HD7950

Activity: 281
April 23, 2014, 09:33:47 PM
Can someone please give me a mining tip based on their experience? I get home and see 4 accepted and 5 rejected. My scantime is 5 and expiry is 25. Should I up my expiry to something like 30 would that help to lessen rejected rate but maybe less accepted too?
this is for solomining

I think the bigger problem is with the wallet and the poison nodes. This could be affecting your rates.
Activity: 174
April 23, 2014, 07:12:01 PM
this is for solomining
April 23, 2014, 10:52:30 AM
..... So why am I still here? I don't know, I guess I'm stupid.

Join the club Smiley

The comments you made earlier about one pool holding majority hashrate are true.  I was the first pool running for AIR (http://air.pitythepool.com) and Alexander was bothering me constantly via PM about trying to reduce my pool's hashrate (as if I can control that).  Now, they are totally silent.

I have left a few khash pointed at AIR for the past couple weeks, I am holding several thousand now, but about to give up.  Some weeks back, I remember Alexander posting that there would be no further updates on this thread and to PM or email him ([email protected]) for updates, but I don't get any responses that way, either.

I'm about to give up here.  If these really are some college kids at the Chicago school of economics, I'm guessing we have about 2-3 more weeks before this coin can be declared as permanently deceased.  School will be out for summer Smiley
Agree, 2-3 more weeks and hopefully I hit my mining goal,(modest by most remaining miners standards) then I'm buying a bottle of single barrel Jack, drinking it over ice, leaning back in my chair and hitting the delete button, going cold storage on this coin.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
April 23, 2014, 10:27:07 AM
DDOS protection and experience with a lot of other coins!

OPEN AND WORK

Come and mine with us!!!

http://air.multi-pool.eu
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 23, 2014, 09:58:34 AM
..... So why am I still here? I don't know, I guess I'm stupid.

Join the club Smiley

The comments you made earlier about one pool holding majority hashrate are true.  I was the first pool running for AIR (http://air.pitythepool.com) and Alexander was bothering me constantly via PM about trying to reduce my pool's hashrate (as if I can control that).  Now, they are totally silent.

I have left a few khash pointed at AIR for the past couple weeks, I am holding several thousand now, but about to give up.  Some weeks back, I remember Alexander posting that there would be no further updates on this thread and to PM or email him ([email protected]) for updates, but I don't get any responses that way, either.

I'm about to give up here.  If these really are some college kids at the Chicago school of economics, I'm guessing we have about 2-3 more weeks before this coin can be declared as permanently deceased.  School will be out for summer Smiley
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
April 23, 2014, 03:57:40 AM
Remember when one pool became over-weighted the team would encourage disbursement between pools. Beware the 51 percent. Now Carbonshark controls over 80 percent of the hash rate and not a peep from the team. I use Carbonshark too, well hell I guess we all do. I just find it funny about their complete lack of interest whether they are busy working or not.

I agree. air.pitythepool.com is still running, and I point my own miners there when not testing my other pool software. I operate Carbonshark by the way, and I am also concerned about the distribution, which is why I don't mine in my own pool right now. pitythepool and carbonshark seem to be the only pools left. Come on dev team... News Please for the community..

MiningPool.co has a pool for AIR if people are searching diversity. Only used it once so can't really say much about it in a diagnostic way that you and Isawhim can. The real problem is not where each of us few people left should mine to keep the plate balanced but rather that there is only few of us left. You have to actively search the team out to get any info. they respond with kind words promises of substantive changes forthcoming then... nothing, no action, no updates, no nothing. It's pathetic really. So why am I still here? I don't know, I guess I'm stupid.

If this turns out to be a scam then I won't feel stupid. Rather I'll just take note of my losses until I can see the people responsible punished. That's just the kind of person I am
April 23, 2014, 12:52:56 AM
Remember when one pool became over-weighted the team would encourage disbursement between pools. Beware the 51 percent. Now Carbonshark controls over 80 percent of the hash rate and not a peep from the team. I use Carbonshark too, well hell I guess we all do. I just find it funny about their complete lack of interest whether they are busy working or not.

I agree. air.pitythepool.com is still running, and I point my own miners there when not testing my other pool software. I operate Carbonshark by the way, and I am also concerned about the distribution, which is why I don't mine in my own pool right now. pitythepool and carbonshark seem to be the only pools left. Come on dev team... News Please for the community..

MiningPool.co has a pool for AIR if people are searching diversity. Only used it once so can't really say much about it in a diagnostic way that you and Isawhim can. The real problem is not where each of us few people left should mine to keep the plate balanced but rather that there is only few of us left. You have to actively search the team out to get any info. they respond with kind words promises of substantive changes forthcoming then... nothing, no action, no updates, no nothing. It's pathetic really. So why am I still here? I don't know, I guess I'm stupid.
April 23, 2014, 12:18:43 AM
By the way, if anyone is interested in testing a new pool using node.js , stop by www.diggerpool.com and yes, there is also a pool for AIR there, as well as some other coins. I just want to test this stratum/pool software (NOMP) for stablility and speed. You mine to your wallet, so there is no sign up. Let me know what you think of this software, or if you find any issues.
April 23, 2014, 12:02:08 AM

April 22, 2014, 10:16:50 PM
Activity: 504
April 22, 2014, 11:54:12 AM
Teamaircoin.org website is down. Says "Error establishing a database connection" Anyone know anything about this?

Refresh... Looks like they may have done a website update. It loads for me.

As for moving coins, yes, it is safe. It seems the sour connection data may be coming from the torrent-style connections. Those are just the LTC connections slipping-in to our nodes. They are not using our chain, and we are obviously not using the LTC chain. However, the wallet is updating the information on the status bar, with this wrong information.

When closing the wallet, and reconnecting, for a moment all is fine. Then a few seconds later, the secondary pull of "peers" from the peer discovery over the torrent-list, pulls the LTC data into the list of peers and block-info. (That is just my best educated guess, by the behavior I see occurring.)
April 22, 2014, 11:47:24 AM
Teamaircoin.org website is down. Says "Error establishing a database connection" Anyone know anything about this?
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
April 22, 2014, 10:56:22 AM
For the past week I've purchased another 0.6 btc worth of air and the lowest people were willing to sell to me is at 6800 satoshi. It has helped lower my overall cost since I purchased coins on day one of the exchange release. My fear is moving the coins to the wallet. Is it safe to do so with the sync problem or should I leave them on the exchange until after the update?

I've been mining and the auto-payments are going to the wallet without any problems, I wouldn't worry

no problems with me either. as isawhim said in a past response if the first number in the sync message lines up with the current block number your wallet is synced correctly.
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
April 22, 2014, 10:52:02 AM
For the past week I've purchased another 0.6 btc worth of air and the lowest people were willing to sell to me is at 6800 satoshi. It has helped lower my overall cost since I purchased coins on day one of the exchange release. My fear is moving the coins to the wallet. Is it safe to do so with the sync problem or should I leave them on the exchange until after the update?

I've been mining and the auto-payments are going to the wallet without any problems, I wouldn't worry
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
April 22, 2014, 10:40:46 AM
Pages:
Jump to: