Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 41. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 279
Merit: 250
March 22, 2014, 04:31:41 PM
Activity: 308
March 22, 2014, 04:03:48 PM
"I wanted a new wallet/algo and all I got was a lousy t-shirt with a campus picture"  Cool
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
March 22, 2014, 04:02:33 PM
As a scientist, I can see that the Dev teams are heading into a positive direction.  While they have under estimated on how much the investment pool needs to generate in order to sustain a high trading value, they are reassessing the next steps that needs to be done. They are going back to the drawing board and back to square one.  They have obtained some really good data that the whole cryptocurrency can learn from.

However, I am disappointed how we are slightly mislead to believe that the value is going to sustain at 0.00115 to 0.00200 or higher, given the "opportunity costs" and "network difficulties" was relatively high. For those that bought in early and expect it to grow higher, I sympathize with you. This might have left some bad taste in many early adopter's mouth.

Nonetheless,  the way Aircoin is priced is novel to the crypto world.  We usually expect a massive spike in value and then decline it back to pretty much the original state.  Instead, we see a modest peak and then go back to the proposed value. No body got rich there since the volume is so low. Also nobody would have gone broke as the value of the coin is not Zero.

I am still a strong supporter but I can't really tell what's in store for Aircoin. At worst we will bottom at 0.00115, at best we see a 5to20% increase every week. Regardless, the Team is making effort to address the concerns and given us a few proposals that they want to try. The New wallet and the extra algorithm is a good start.  

Reducing block reward may deter multipool but may hurt the current hashrate as miners can't make enough to pay off their expenses. So the Dev's need to figure out a plan to keep the backbone of the community happier

We also really need marketing to breathe some life back to Aircoin.

Since the coin is still young, I'll stick around to it a bit longer and hope that we all get heftily rewarded for our perseverance.

Activity: 281
March 22, 2014, 02:56:35 PM
So when is the new wallet coming out?

Silence.... Hmmm Any ideas on the wallet that was releasing this morning?...
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
March 22, 2014, 01:57:06 PM
So when is the new wallet coming out?
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
March 22, 2014, 11:40:49 AM
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 22, 2014, 11:19:45 AM
Okay, I probably should be quiet too, but I can't help myself...

I really hope easy coins are dumped by now, because no. 1 problem of Aircoin has been mining profitability. Too hard to mine too early.

Please don't under estimate the importance of miners. Miners are not just minor nuisance on the way to moon. Short term mining profitability is very important thing for a new coin like Air. That's how net hashrate grows. At some point hashrate will reach to certain equilibrium and treshold coin value where everyone and his doge is mining Air. Only after that happens, diminishing mining value don't affect over all net hashrate and coin value so much.

Activity: 364
Pre-sale - March 18
March 22, 2014, 08:20:33 AM
if you add x11 I am in.

I don't know if it is worth the hassle of changing mid air.. Will attract different kinds of investors..

Go full x11 and you will have a major hit och release
Activity: 284
March 22, 2014, 08:19:18 AM
Yes, I am aware of Darkcoin. And it is possible that after all the coins go down, Darkcoin will emerge as a winner. Of course, it is also possible that it goes to zero for any number of reasons.

So why saying it's a crapcoin?

And further, since you have all of your assets in Darkcoin, why are you here?

Because until recently I held a large amount of Air.
Because I have some hope for it (despite having higher hopes for dark).
Because I want to participate in a discussion.
Because I might decide in future I want to buy back a little bit.
Because I can.

Genuinely I don't understand why would you want to "kick out" people out of the thread. Is there a mandatory amount if air I have to hold if I want to post? I wasn't aware of such rule  Wink

Not at all. I don't want to kick you out, as you put it. When did I say that?

Generally, I would prefer to get my Darkcoin analysis and news from their own thread, but feel free to post all you want.

I am sorry that you feel that Darkcoin is better than AIR coin. I don't, but the recent announcements by AIRcoin are very discouraging.

Still, I will await some answers before I abandon them completely as you have. Actually, I just bought my first AIRcoins a mere hours before they announced that they were going into the licensing business. I am trying to keep the faith, but I must admit to feeling a bit deflated about the whole announcement.

I can see why they and their corporation are excited, but I am unclear how coin holders are benefitting from their new projects.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
March 22, 2014, 07:39:03 AM

5. Other Concerns

Now, to address some more specific concerns:

The only thing preventing that, and is currently preventing that in a large way, is the extreme inflation that caused a dip in volume, rather than a rise in volume, that prevented us from keeping the price up. However, it fell slowly and stably, allowing users to continue trading in and out without significant loss: consider that our system still made money even in the downturn market. Our main goal outlined in the whitepaper. In terms of what we set out to do: Start at .00115, maintain a tight spread, be easy to invest and sell, and generate support. We actually far exceeded our initial exchange rate, maintained a high exchange rate for a long time, closed the spread, and generated good support. It wasn’t until the snowball effect began to overtake the investment pool that our equilibrium failed. But this is why we did not allow significant hype: we wanted to know how the market would react to the ideas we presented and how we can best benefit the community through our systems.

Please, if you have any questions, either post them here, and we will try to address them promptly and plainly.

Alex, you have said u would answer my post here promptly....

one very quick practical question....

so the exchange rate you and trading algorithm looking for is .00115 at the moment, right???

so would I become an idiot if i buy in 0.0013x  as you would not offer any help to stimulate the price to beyond your 1.5% expected growth...

Further, if the exchange rate rise to 0.0018, would you or your trading algorithm incite investor to dump back to your 0.00115 around level???

Please respond to my question...I am very worried to buy in Aircoin right now.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
March 22, 2014, 07:30:46 AM
I too am impressed with the dev's responses here and all the effort they put in. Yet i see a steady DECLINING exchange rate instead of steadily increasing. Yet i am not that worried because it gives me lots of time to play this market and I did indeed make some profit of air by keep selling and buying back.

I will stop playing the market until I see the new wallet and functions. I still have a quite large amount at this moment and I would like to see where this is going first, before i start trading again.
Activity: 294
March 22, 2014, 07:24:23 AM
Yes, I am aware of Darkcoin. And it is possible that after all the coins go down, Darkcoin will emerge as a winner. Of course, it is also possible that it goes to zero for any number of reasons.

So why saying it's a crapcoin?

Because until recently I held a large amount of Air.
Because I have some hope for it (despite having higher hopes for dark).
Because I want to participate in a discussion.
Because I might decide in future I want to buy back a little bit.
Because I can.

Genuinely I don't understand why would you want to "kick out" people out of the thread. Is there a mandatory amount if air I have to hold if I want to post? I wasn't aware of such rule  Wink
March 22, 2014, 07:08:01 AM
Alexander,

I am truly impressed. I hope the 18yrs old continue to troll the coin while I continue to accumulate. Very few coins bring originality of Bitcoin ala 2011. You have way surpassed my expectations. I have no doubt you are who you say you are. THIS WILL BE BEYOND BIG.

AIR will remain 25% of my ever increasing portfolio value  Smiley

That is so awesome that you are so impressed. But, don't just keep it to yourself -- tell us too!

What are you particularly impressed with and how has it "way surpassed" you expectations?

Oh, and if you were in any way referring to my comments in the troll section of your post, I would just like to say thank you very much. I try to keep up and while I am, alas, far older than 18, it sure is a nice compliment! Maybe it is all of that beer I drink that keeps up my youthful appearance!
March 22, 2014, 07:00:41 AM
As you are a corporation and aim to make a return to shareholders, why not make a financial contribution to Darkcoin development for using Dark Gravity Wave, perhaps in the form of stock?

While Dark Gravity Wave is open source, there are people working full time on this project.

How exactly will giving money to another crap coin "make a return to shareholders", as you put it?

You are very misinformed.

Darkcoin is one of the few coins which is not a crap coin. In fact, it is leading the new generation of cryptocurrency.

Here are some highlights on Darkcoin for you:

First coin with X-11, gpu power saving and ASIC resistant algorithm.
First coin to implement variable block reward, on top on very clever difficulty adjustment to control inflation and distribution effectively.
First coin to implement Dark Gravity Wave.
First coin to successfully implement practical anonymity (no TOR). Currently in last stages of beta testing, roll out in several weeks.
Clear development plan.
Full time, main developer, known by his name, not hiding behind the forum nickname and talented team, committed to the coin for at least 2 years.

And a lot more.

Just think about it.

In my book, this is as opposite to every other crap coin as it gets, and if any coin can de-throne bitcoin in future, this is it.

After brief analysis, I broke first investment rule and liquidated all my other coins to get all in to the Darkcoin.

Talking about stability, have a look at the Dark's rate in the last 30 days. That's stability. Despite high frequency traders on cryptsy trying to push it down.
And all that despite a dump of >140.000 coins dumped when the btcs got stolen from one of the exchange and darks bought with it.

We could start by that little fact of it not being rolled out yet and go from there. That little cover about "signing" a disclaimer that you will not use Darkcoin to buy illegal drugs, fund terrorism, smuggle tax-free cigarettes into Illinois or use it to learn belly dancing, may have a few, teeny tiny holes in it too.

I could go on, but it does not matter as it doesn't answer the central question. How will this benefit AIRcoin?

Let's say that your investment acumen is amazing and that you have picked the big winning coin of the future in Darkcoin. Why don't I just invest all of my money (as you claimed you did) in Darkcoin? Why am I bothering with AIRcoin at all?

Activity: 728
Merit: 504
March 22, 2014, 06:53:07 AM
Alexander,

I am truly impressed. I hope the 18yrs old continue to troll the coin while I continue to accumulate. Very few coins bring originality of Bitcoin ala 2011. You have way surpassed my expectations. I have no doubt you are who you say you are. THIS WILL BE BEYOND BIG.

AIR will remain 25% of my ever increasing portfolio value  Smiley
Activity: 294
March 22, 2014, 06:39:29 AM
As you are a corporation and aim to make a return to shareholders, why not make a financial contribution to Darkcoin development for using Dark Gravity Wave, perhaps in the form of stock?

While Dark Gravity Wave is open source, there are people working full time on this project.

How exactly will giving money to another crap coin "make a return to shareholders", as you put it?

You are very misinformed.

Darkcoin is one of the few coins which is not a crap coin. In fact, it is leading the new generation of cryptocurrency.

Here are some highlights on Darkcoin for you:

First coin with X-11, gpu power saving and ASIC resistant algorithm.
First coin to implement variable block reward, on top on very clever difficulty adjustment to control inflation and distribution effectively.
First coin to implement Dark Gravity Wave.
First coin to successfully implement practical anonymity (no TOR). Currently in last stages of beta testing, roll out in several weeks.
Clear development plan.
Full time, main developer, known by his name, not hiding behind the forum nickname and talented team, committed to the coin for at least 2 years.

And a lot more.

Just think about it.

In my book, this is as opposite to every other crap coin as it gets, and if any coin can de-throne bitcoin in future, this is it.

After brief analysis, I broke first investment rule and liquidated all my other coins to get all in to the Darkcoin.

Talking about stability, have a look at the Dark's rate in the last 30 days. That's stability. Despite high frequency traders on cryptsy trying to push it down.
And all that despite a dump of >140.000 coins dumped when the btcs got stolen from one of the exchange and darks bought with it.
March 22, 2014, 05:46:05 AM

And who exactly are you referring to as "shareholders. The Aircoin holders or the owners of its corporation?
legendary
Activity: 1456
March 22, 2014, 05:33:36 AM

legendary
Activity: 1190
March 22, 2014, 04:41:36 AM
The number one problem with cryptocoins is a lack of sustainability. Forks, inflation, heavy mining, instability, and similar problems all make it impossible to be used as a legitimate financial instrument.
I think it would be helpful if you explained why you believe this.  Bitcoin seems to be progressing well. What is it that specifically prevents Bitcoin from being a "financial instrument"?
AIRcoin is backed by a trading algorithm that works, and works very well. It’s the most successful aspect of our coin
How much data did you look at to arrive at this claim?
How do you project the algorithm will work as the markets "mature"?
How do you project you will do as more people use algorithms in this space? Surely they will reduce any advantage you have?
legendary
Activity: 1190
March 22, 2014, 04:35:13 AM
We are incorporated in the USA, as well as licensed to operate in Illinois,.
What sort of license?
Pages:
Jump to: