Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 36. (Read 137265 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2014, 05:47:20 PM
Yes, the notion that this is a scam defies logic because a scam kinda has to result in gains for the said "scammer."
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
March 23, 2014, 05:46:45 PM
You are just not a reliable .source of information especially with your constant whining..'Aircoin - Proteus' is a part of the Aircoin team and that has been well established. You think the coding is been done by robot  Roll Eyes

Can you imagine if you were on the main Bitcoin threads in 2011 & 2012.....$0.05 to $6.00 then back to 0.03 then up to $21 then back to $0.90....up 1000's of % then crashes of over 97%. You would have been worse than a teenage girl on her period. Just man up and stay the course or pull the plug and leave   Cool

Grin Last communication was approx 15hrs not 2days ago. Please disregard anything from 'JTB' as anything resembling fact . Why lie, ....I could think of a few good reasons  Cool

I apologize for the lack of clarity.  I intend on incrementing the version number, I just posted to let everyone know that I have tried compiling with incrementation and without.  Some Devs find not incrementing the version number to be a solution in a situation like this.

-- Proteus, Lead Technical Developer

Yes, well you can "disregard" anything I say -- no stopping you. But, before you listen to hughjays77 as if he is some authority figure, I would point out that I was clearly not talking about a wallet update from someone named Proteus.

I have no reason to doubt that Proteus is who he says he is, but any casual glance at the posts I have been making, will clearly show that I am, was and will be referring to the so-called "big announcement" made about two days ago. (ok, ok, a day and two thirds ago -- Friday night Chicago time).

And speaking of that "big announcement", here is the last line of the whole thing:

Please, if you have any questions, either post them here, and we will try to address them promptly and plainly.

Now, I have posed a few questions (and have more) and I know that others have posed questions. If you consider them answered "promptly and plainly", then clearly hughjays77 is right and I am to be "disregarded".

If you feel as I do that "promptly and plainly" is not the description that you would use, then maybe hughjays77 is the one whom you should "disregard".

He asks why I would lie, implying something nefarious with a knowing smiley face to boot.

I ask, why obfuscate with his nonsense post?

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
March 23, 2014, 05:38:46 PM

To settle any fears about potentially mining with X11 algo, when you say that his VRM failed I am assuming this would be only if the voltage was unlocked? My cards are all locked by default and if I don't touch this I should be in the clear, right?

nothing to do with unlocking voltage, just a broken piece of hardware on your GPU.

VRM = voltage regulation module

if it regulates it wrong, the card can die.

that's the most logical reason the card managed to burn up so fast.

also, holy crap this is a lot of baseless speculation o_o

Yup, the trolls smell blood again.

I'm still pretty confident of most of the dev's claims, I suspect that this hasn't been the cakewalk they were hoping for, but it is very, very early days for something so new.

If this is a scam, it has been a very comprehensive one - it would be an impressive one. Surely, if they were scammers, they would only be too happy to pump the price as has been suggested and keen to get it on more exchanges? Anything to get the price up to allow them to dump asap. Compared to 99% of alts (which are scams) this seems quite genuine

Equally, this collaboration with the darkcoin devs, wouldn't that be dangerous? Wouldn't other devs smell a rat quite quickly?

Anyway, I'm not saying this is completely legit, but I can't find anything else that seems more on the level.

Edit:

The missing ingredient is a genuine media push. I know many are saying that any offers from the media should br refused - this is madness, you can't usually pick and choose when yoiu are going to get coverage, the media loses interest in things very quickly. If any approaches are made they must be accepted, strike while the iron is hot.

Equally, starting a media campaign now would not necessarily have instant results and a perpetually falling graph will negate much of the benefit of any media exposure. Readers are going to ask "if it's so good, why has the price done nothing but fall?"

This is now crucial, every delay with the falling price will make being taken seriously more difficult.

This issue hasn't really been tackled by the devs at all and they did make specific promises about it on day one, so I'm at a loss to explain why.

I have extensive, front line national newspaper experience - I worked for them for 20 years and have a genuine understanding of how the media works, so it would be nice to have a conversation about this.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 23, 2014, 05:32:37 PM
I think aircoin is missing the necessary miners community. They completely ignore miners and miners is what you need to get a healthy coin. They have a nice plan from investor's perspective but they completely ignore miners. I consider Blackcoin a better version of AIR, because they actually use all the mining power, to get a big pool of cash to control the market, instead of using premine. This is a BIG thing. I think blackcoin can be VERY successful. a collab between AIR and BC would probably be an extremely good coin as it has both good factors combined. BC could use the controlling market strategy of AIR. Look at BC's open beta pool. It has 150 miners already, and is still in CLOSED beta. Imagine 1000-2000 miners. The pool would have HUGE buying power and the price of BC will go up to the extreme. This pool keeps filling up nonstop and can keep the market super healthy. AIR's pool will eventually run out if they cannot increase the price.

... re: blackcoin

i mined about 20k, bought 30k @ 1100 satoshi... just sold out at 4000

yeah i didn't expect it to somehow get all the way to 6k 6.5k even!). wtf?

i was expecting 4-4.5k and then a fall back to 3k

didn't know the BC multipool had started and was driving prices already Sad
Activity: 532
March 23, 2014, 05:30:07 PM
You can't even stabilize at 0.001 devs? Hope you're coming out with something big.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 23, 2014, 05:25:57 PM

To settle any fears about potentially mining with X11 algo, when you say that his VRM failed I am assuming this would be only if the voltage was unlocked? My cards are all locked by default and if I don't touch this I should be in the clear, right?

nothing to do with unlocking voltage, just a broken piece of hardware on your GPU.

VRM = voltage regulation module

if it regulates it wrong, the card can die.

that's the most logical reason the card managed to burn up so fast.

also, holy crap this is a lot of baseless speculation o_o
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2014, 04:31:52 PM
I was on the settings from the darkcoin settings, took half an hour to even get it to function, then it ran for about ten minutes and popped. Two others showed as overheating but they were not. Now they hash lower than before and the other one is just dead. It's not just me. Google it.

I wasn't even at any decent speeds running.

Yea, it was my card... And all the other cards that I keep now reading about getting fried, after searching to find out why mine fried.

That is running cooler because it is doing less. Run scrypt cooler and it does less. Sorry, but it is over. Those who can mine, might, those who can't, will just avoid it. It is only GPU friendly to the cards it works on.

Not taking that risk on more cards. They run fine on scrypt.

yeah uh.. i googled 'darkcoin gpu broken' and 'hirocoin' and 'x11 broken GPU' and yeah no results.

Strange what you are describing sounds a lot more like what people have had happen with Vertcoin, never heard of it with Darkcoin algo, I will need to look into this. What do you mean by doing less? My gpu's hash 4x more using the sgminer for x11.

"Doing less"... it was hashing faster, but that is not "scrypt hash", it is doing the other hash faster, because that does less, so it calculates with different results. Takes less time to do it. But anyways, that would be like saying sha256 is "faster" because the hash-rate is measured differently. It isn't any faster, just different. My hash-rates started out fast, then slowed down to a crawl, then it shut down two cards and the third one just popped. The GPU is burnt-up with a brown hole on one corner, just off-center.

Maybe they are using one of the scrypts from them. I don't know what vert uses. However I only got into one block, before it fried. Not sure which scrypt it was, but it didn't appear to heat up my other cards, just my powercolor 7970's. I don't have time to get into troubleshooting, or re-configuring all my tuned miners for more "special coins". These cards will have a new home anyways, soon. What I have left. (Powercolors are about 80% of my cards.)

Thanks for checking-up... But I am sorry. This just isn't for me now. Too much of a risk and hassle coin.

Too many changes, too fast, without consideration to even ask... "Hey, guys doing the money-draining work, and holding the majority of investment... What do you think about us doing this..."

Just wake-up and poof, reward halved and decaying earnings on top of decaying returns from mining growth, and falling prices. That is five negatives in a row, and no positives. I re-evaluated the situation, and made a final determination that I can no longer support the cause. Apparently, I am not the only one with that belief.

yeah that's not X11's fault, that's the VRM's failing and giving your card WAY too many volts.

i agree 100% with that second last line though ... absolutely no input from the community, even if what they're doing is right.

Trust me.....they are in a position like Harvard MBA's [endless offers, many refusals] They may not be saying and holding back but if they are who they say they are[ and I believe them ] then one call and they are on Bloomberg, CNBC or FoxBusiness. Its the way of the world and not something regular folk can comprehend.

I just hope they 'continue' to get their act together and refuse any such interviews until the time is right.

I cant believe the University of Chicago allowed you guys to use the University name....as in the home of Milton Friedman [father of Monetarism & Noble prize winner]  Undecided

I will hold my AIRcoin even though its 1/2 its expected debut price.

I'm pretty sure 1 phone call and you are all in/on Forbes, CNBC, Bloomberg.

I hope you guys would turn down any such interview.

This is a very good point, I would have thought there was real journalistic interest in a project like this..... has someone made the call?

now THAT part is easily answered with that not being the right time yet.. it's too soon for that level of attention.

Trust me.....they are in a position like Harvard MBA's [endless offers, many refusals] They may not be saying and holding back but if they are who they say they are[ and I believe them ] then one call and they are on Bloomberg, CNBC or FoxBusiness. Its the way of the world and not something regular folk can comprehend.

I just hope they 'continue' to get their act together and refuse any such interviews until the time is right.

I cant believe the University of Chicago allowed you guys to use the University name....as in the home of Milton Friedman [father of Monetarism & Noble prize winner]  Undecided

I will hold my AIRcoin even though its 1/2 its expected debut price.

I'm pretty sure 1 phone call and you are all in/on Forbes, CNBC, Bloomberg.

I hope you guys would turn down any such interview.

This is a very good point, I would have thought there was real journalistic interest in a project like this..... has someone made the call?

Everybody's logic seems skewed this morning, or maybe it's me, what is your thinking behind delaying any potential exposure in the MSM?

it would make the coin out of control for the forseeable future.. loads of buy orders, dumps, a massive amount of new hash rate that the reward isn't calculating for...

it has to be stable enough before getting 'big'.

i'm tempted to buy a couple BTC worth at <.001/AIR... it seems cheap for what 'should' happen soon enough Wink

Activity: 284
Merit: 250
March 23, 2014, 04:00:01 PM
Grin Last communication was approx 15hrs not 2days ago. Please disregard anything from 'JTB' as anything resembling fact . Why lie, ....I could think of a few good reasons  Cool

I apologize for the lack of clarity.  I intend on incrementing the version number, I just posted to let everyone know that I have tried compiling with incrementation and without.  Some Devs find not incrementing the version number to be a solution in a situation like this.

Yes, well you can "disregard" anything I say -- no stopping you. But, before you listen to hughjays77 as if he is some authority figure, I would point out that I was clearly not talking about a wallet update from someone named Proteus.

I have no reason to doubt that Proteus is who he says he is, but any casual glance at the posts I have been making, will clearly show that I am, was and will be referring to the so-called "big announcement" made about two days ago. (ok, ok, a day and two thirds ago -- Friday night Chicago time).

And speaking of that "big announcement", here is the last line of the whole thing:

Please, if you have any questions, either post them here, and we will try to address them promptly and plainly.

Now, I have posed a few questions (and have more) and I know that others have posed questions. If you consider them answered "promptly and plainly", then clearly hughjays77 is right and I am to be "disregarded".

If you feel as I do that "promptly and plainly" is not the description that you would use, then maybe hughjays77 is the one whom you should "disregard".

He asks why I would lie, implying something nefarious with a knowing smiley face to boot.

I ask, why obfuscate with his nonsense post?

Activity: 532
March 23, 2014, 03:59:28 PM
March 23, 2014, 03:26:56 PM
March 23, 2014, 03:20:52 PM
 Grin Last communication was approx 15hrs not 2days ago. Please disregard anything from 'JTB' as anything resembling fact . Why lie, ....I could think of a few good reasons  Cool

But how will we know it is the "updated" version... if it does not indicate it.

So... It isn't up yet, or it is?

P.S. You can alter the sub-version, it should not impact anything internally... Thus all the decimal places and the sub-version "title text"...

Version: v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-beta
New version: v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-charlie or gamma (That should not have any impact on anything internal)

Remember, not every user reads these forums... posting "new update" but not changing the version, makes them think they already have the new version.

Difficulty down to 10.498046875 (688K), so solo-mining is possible again.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 23, 2014, 03:16:51 PM
There must be someone in our community who's associated with University of Chicago someway. It would not need lot of detective work to find out if this is a scam or if they're legit.  Undecided
Activity: 281
March 23, 2014, 03:08:06 PM
AIRcoin Dev Team Headquarters...

Bueller????Bueller????Anybody?Huh

Come on devs.... Is this your idea of communicating with us?  We need to hear from you... Where is the new wallet?Huh WTF??
March 23, 2014, 03:02:13 PM
AIRcoin Dev Team Headquarters...

Bueller????Bueller????Anybody?Huh
Activity: 126
March 23, 2014, 02:50:44 PM
Finally a real picture of AIR Team at work!

Lol look at all those bitcoins and litecoins. So much capital.
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
March 23, 2014, 02:45:51 PM
Finally a real picture of AIR Team at work!

Activity: 154
March 23, 2014, 02:33:52 PM
Since that time they made some "big announcement" and haven't answered one question or made one comment.

They are apparently making licensing deals with other coins and profiting in that manner. Do those licensing revenues go to AIR coin holders. They claim in that same "big announcement" that they are not doing any other projects, so I am assuming that those profits go into AIR coin holders pockets -- right?

And as you well know, there are many other questions as a quick look back on the last few pages will show. Not to mention that they said that they would be in contact in the morning -- two days ago.

Everything that you wrote about above is why I bought the coin to begin with. What I want to know is what is going on right now.

Are these guys just a couple of college kids playing around in between beers and bongs? Or, well what exactly?
You are willfully naive its adorable. None of the devs have publicly identified themselves. You're telling me a picture of the chicago campus is all it takes to prove they are who they claim to be?

These are college kids man. If this coin fails like it has already begun to, you think anyone will blame the university? Nope. These guys are jokes in my opinion and giving them the benfit of the doubt cost me a lot of money.
It certainly is possibility too that we are scammed by couple college kids. It wouldn't be the first time. Anyone can walk up to University courtyard and post pictures. When you look at their posts, they use seemingly same kind of rhetoric. It's also odd that they disappear at will and are unwilling to answer questions anymore.  Huh
March 23, 2014, 02:23:53 PM
10 internets for you sir, Jesse Livermore. Cool

Okay, seriously. They have put their University's name on the line here. They can't back out anymore. What do people think about University of Chicago if they fail to deliver? For the name sake of their University, they will do everything in their power to make Aircoin successful. That's the main reason I still support and believe in Aircoin's potential.

You are willfully naive its adorable. None of the devs have publicly identified themselves. You're telling me a picture of the chicago campus is all it takes to prove they are who they claim to be?

These are college kids man. If this coin fails like it has already begun to, you think anyone will blame the university? Nope. These guys are jokes in my opinion and giving them the benfit of the doubt cost me a lot of money.
March 23, 2014, 02:20:41 PM
Pages:
Jump to: