Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 62. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bored
March 16, 2014, 10:26:23 AM
Well, that just sounds like a hollow threat, you're demanding action to allow you to dump at the price you want or you're going to dump anyway?  Huh
I'm gonna dump anyway (I'm putting a maximum limit of a week, after which I'll take my losses and move on).
But I'd rather move on with a good impression of the coin, rather than a bad one.

And you need to check your miners or your maths, there's no way you had 50mh/s on it at the start and struggled to get 50 coins - I speak from experience.
I had 50mh of rented rigs on it for about 12 hours, and 65MH+ for 3 hours, right before it was listed on the exchange. Woke up in the morning with 60AIR.
Proof:

And, it sounds like you don't fully understand the mechanics of the coin.
Please, enlighten me.
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
March 16, 2014, 10:24:11 AM

All of us that spent so much hashing power on the coin at the beginning, when getting 50 coins was HARD (I had over 50MH/s on it) NEED to sell at least at 0.003 to ROI off the investment.
Yet we see that despite all the talks about a big team of economic experts and a awesome trading software that's supposed to keep the price high enough to be worth mining, the value keeps tanking and tanking, and it's currently HALF of what we need to ROI.
I really hope the devs won't introduce the variable reward before bringing price up above 0.003 at least for a few hours to allow us miners that supported the coin since the beginning to ROI off our investment before the price tanking again with increased reward, because if I end only getting 30% of the ROI I'll make sure to push people away from this coin as much as possible in the future.
[/quote]

Well, that just sounds like a hollow threat, you're demanding action to allow you to dump at the price you want or you're going to dump anyway?  Huh

And you need to check your miners or your maths, there's no way you had 50mh/s on it at the start and struggled to get 50 coins - I speak from experience.

Edit:

[/quote]
+1
Activity: 154
March 16, 2014, 10:21:15 AM
I'm okay with nearly impossible mining(5-10 AIR/day). For me the mining reward is the price of the coin. I really hope they don't plan to make block rewards bigger. That would destroy coin price even more.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
March 16, 2014, 10:19:16 AM
This coin is not profitable to mine anymore. Actually, it's nearly impossible to mine, except for big rigs. Also price is not nearly what was promised. Devs couldn't keep their promise even for one day.  Angry

We have to remember one unique aspect of Aircoin, it is designed to grow slowly. The Devs did promise us the price despite massive dumps that are occurring.

Aircoin tests our patience and so far, even with the reduced hashrate and lower price, seems like an alright investment.

It is just one day on an exchange, I don't know why people are so impatient. Price don't usually spike until a week or so later if not longer.

Right now the Aircoin team and the community should try to device a way to spend the coin for things to stimulate it's circulation (As others have suggested).
People are impatient BECAUSE MINING REWARDS WILL INCREASE SOON! When that happens, the supply will skyrocket FASTER than the demand, thus pushing the prices even lower.
All of us that spent so much hashing power on the coin at the beginning, when getting 50 coins was HARD (I had over 50MH/s on it) NEED to sell at least at 0.003 to ROI off the investment.
Yet we see that despite all the talks about a big team of economic experts and a awesome trading software that's supposed to keep the price high enough to be worth mining, the value keeps tanking and tanking, and it's currently HALF of what we need to ROI.
I really hope the devs won't introduce the variable reward before bringing price up above 0.003 at least for a few hours to allow us miners that supported the coin since the beginning to ROI off our investment before the price tanking again with increased reward, because if I end only getting 30% of the ROI I'll make sure to push people away from this coin as much as possible in the future.

Edit:

Activity: 140
Bored
March 16, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
This coin is not profitable to mine anymore. Actually, it's nearly impossible to mine, except for big rigs. Also price is not nearly what was promised. Devs couldn't keep their promise even for one day.  Angry

We have to remember one unique aspect of Aircoin, it is designed to grow slowly. The Devs did promise us the price despite massive dumps that are occurring.

Aircoin tests our patience and so far, even with the reduced hashrate and lower price, seems like an alright investment.

It is just one day on an exchange, I don't know why people are so impatient. Price don't usually spike until a week or so later if not longer.

Right now the Aircoin team and the community should try to device a way to spend the coin for things to stimulate it's circulation (As others have suggested).
People are impatient BECAUSE MINING REWARDS WILL INCREASE SOON! When that happens, the supply will skyrocket FASTER than the demand, thus pushing the prices even lower.
I really hope the devs won't introduce the variable reward before bringing price up above 0.003 at least for a few hours to allow us miners that supported the coin since the beginning to ROI off our investment before the price tanks again with increased reward, because if I end only getting 30% ROI I'll make sure to push people away from this coin as much as possible in the future.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
March 16, 2014, 09:57:37 AM

March 16, 2014, 09:53:06 AM

What promise have they broken?

The price is still above their prediction.

In my opinion, we don't really want it to be easier to mine at the moment, we want to thin out the potential dumpers, not add to them.
Activity: 435
March 16, 2014, 09:23:14 AM
just curious how exactly devs will handle snowball effect.

Someone dumped 1600 coins and completely crushed the price. Price went back up but miners have left and it gets more tempting to dump. More dumps -> more miners leave. Snowballing into lower value. It also goes the other way around of course.

Miner leave --> diff low --> easy mining --> price dump --> miner leave --> diff low...
Because Kimoto Gray Well diff added when the coin strong yet!

So what coin add KGW diff then no mine soon. Wait miner leave then come back. Hehe.
Activity: 154
March 16, 2014, 09:21:44 AM
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
March 16, 2014, 09:19:05 AM
People who sell at 0,0018 today will regret it.

agree

+1.

If I have some free btc i put buy request
March 16, 2014, 08:38:58 AM

I'm sorry Cryptosapien, but we do need criticism (even trolls)  here - if the coin can't fend off criticism here it stands no chance in the wider world.

Constructive criticism is a good good thing.... but unfortunately i haven't seem much of it.  Trolls really i have no patience to them...maybe you are younger than me  Grin

How do you decide what is "constructive"?

I've been quite active on the Maza thread pointing out the flaws and dubious qualities of the coin and making pretty good predictions about it . 99% of the replies I received were just calling me a troll without any substantial rebuttal of the points I raised. Well, they have now lost a ton of money.

If we are subject to trolling (I've seen very little here) we should just respond in an adult and intelligent way - change their minds.

I was very impressed with the patience and respect the devs gave to the trolls in the trollbox on Poloniex the other night - we should take an example from them.

Edit:

I might add that I made my biggest single profit on Maza and I may make my biggest loss on Air (having seen the price slide 20%+ over the last twelve hours), but I am still happy for anyone to post critical comments here, confident that they will get a serious and adequate response from the community.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
March 16, 2014, 08:37:38 AM
I'm sorry Cryptosapien, but we do need criticism (even trolls)  here - if the coin can't fend off criticism here it stands no chance in the wider world.
Constructive criticism is a good good thing.... but unfortunately i haven't seem much of it.  Trolls really i have no patience to them...maybe you are younger than me  Grin
If anyone wants Aircoin regulated then IMO they should consider how a regulator might consider each aspect of the operation.
Do you think it's possible a regulator might see an issue?
If Aircoin were regulated and people lost money then one should consider how each aspect will look then. How will it look afterwards

I think that is worth considering. They might be taking a model from another financial market (market making) and applying it to a different animal.
What might not be seen as wrong in another market may be seen as questionable with Aircoin because the coin that is sold is a  created coin, so one doesn't incur the same liability
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
March 16, 2014, 08:22:05 AM

I'm sorry Cryptosapien, but we do need criticism (even trolls)  here - if the coin can't fend off criticism here it stands no chance in the wider world.

Constructive criticism is a good good thing.... but unfortunately i haven't seem much of it.  Trolls really i have no patience to them...maybe you are younger than me  Grin
Activity: 528
We are the ones we've been waiting for
March 16, 2014, 08:16:39 AM
Ignore the dumpers, they will regret it later
Activity: 602
March 16, 2014, 08:14:41 AM
just curious how exactly devs will handle snowball effect.

Someone dumped 1600 coins and completely crushed the price. Price went back up but miners have left and it gets more tempting to dump. More dumps -> more miners leave. Snowballing into lower value. It also goes the other way around of course.
March 16, 2014, 08:13:23 AM
I have to admire the patience that Alexander and his team posses in order to answer over and over again the same questions.

I also have a feeling that some users on this forum seem to take great pleasure when AIR takes a step back, and  i have no doubt that some others are working actively to make that happen.

Although i think we can't blindly follow some guy that comes along promising heaven on heart, there a point where some trust have to step in, and we have to stop trying to dig for some malefic intention.

It's my belief that Alexander and his team are light-years ahead from the usual DEV scammers lurking on this forum, maybe they are just more elaborate scammers, or maybe they are really what they say, one can never truly know, however at this moment i think there a much bigger probability for them to be "honest" than scammers.

I would like to remember all the doomsaying, frustrated and distrustful AIR users out there, that NOONE is forcing you to mine, buy or sell this coin, so at this moment if you are not here to help support AIR, please go away,  we don´t need you!

I'm sorry Cryptosapien, but we do need criticism (even trolls)  here - if the coin can't fend off criticism here it stands no chance in the wider world.

Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
March 16, 2014, 08:06:18 AM
I have to admire the patience that Alexander and his team posses in order to answer over and over again the same questions.

I also have a feeling that some users on this forum seem to take great pleasure when AIR takes a step back, and  i have no doubt that some others are working actively to make that happen.

Although i think we can't blindly follow some guy that comes along promising heaven on heart, there a point where some trust have to step in, and we have to stop trying to dig for some malefic intention.

It's my belief that Alexander and his team are light-years ahead from the usual DEV scammers lurking on this forum, maybe they are just more elaborate scammers, or maybe they are really what they say, one can never truly know, however at this moment i think there a much bigger probability for them to be "honest" than scammers.

I would like to remember all the doomsaying, frustrated and distrustful AIR users out there, that NOONE is forcing you to mine, buy or sell this coin, so at this moment if you are not here to help support AIR, please go away,  we don´t need you!
March 16, 2014, 07:56:43 AM
Food for thoughts.

http://www.cryptoscribe.com/market-trends/premature-multi-listing-destroys-new-coin-prices/

I guess sticking with Poloinex for awhile is a good thing.
Activity: 284
March 16, 2014, 07:46:00 AM
A note on CDOs, CDOs were a huge issue because they were being stamped as AAA investments,
You've seen the Muppet Show haven't you?
Somehow the banks ignored their conflict of interest, and it ended very badly for investors.

I don't understand -- can you not read -- do you have ADD? If you truly worked for an investment bank it really does explain a lot of their problems.
AIRcoin Alexander
March 16, 2014, 06:48:42 AM
Pages:
Jump to: